Turn on thread page Beta

Can a person hear 'I love you too many times'? Do you get sick of hearing it? watch

ReputationRep:
    Can a person hear 'I love you too many times'? Do you get sick of hearing it?

I don't like to hear it said to me too often a day.I also don't like to be smothered with hugs all day long every day, but some people love it.

Do you love to hear 'I love you' 100 times a day, or do you prefer to hear it once in a while during intense moments?

ReputationRep:
    For me, I love being told I love you, by the people I really want to love me.

If it's someone I don't really know or am not close too, then it's a bit annoying and fake. But if it's someone I truly do love, then I like to hear it. It's probably because I went ages without hearing it when I was young.

I don't mind it everyday, but more than 1-2 times and it loses any meaning tbh.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know... my bf says it to me quite often... but if he suddenly stopped saying now and only saved it for special moments.. i would miss it lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't get sick of it. I just think it gets less special the more it's said.

ReputationRep:
    Hot crush of 09 hates me being nice. Love it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer it in intense moments, and obviously every now and then it would be nice :cute:

But if I heard it everyday or more than that then it wouldn't really be as...special, it would lose its significance IMO. :redface:

If someone loves me, whoever that may be, they can tell me, but they don't need to remind me 24/7. Actions speak louder than words :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainfaery)
    For me, I love being told I love you, by the people I really want to love me.

If it's someone I don't really know or am not close too, then it's a bit annoying and fake.
    But if it's someone I truly do love, then I like to hear it. It's probably because I went ages without hearing it when I was young.

This. Totally this.

ReputationRep:
    no-one's ever said "I love you too many times" to me.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember ever having heard it, so no

ReputationRep:
    haha the title of this is weird. who says 'i love you too many times?'

ReputationRep:
    people rarely tell me that they love me...bt i wouldnt mind if they did..

ReputationRep:
    I thought about this a while ago.

My two best friends got together about 1.5 years ago, after about 5 years of friendship, and within a week they said the 3 deathly words to "make it less awkward" and now they say it after every message on facebook or texts. I just wondered how it means anything to them, as they've said it about 30+ times a day since they got together.

ReputationRep:
    I think it loses it's meaning if it's said too often. In that I mean, I don't mind if it's said everyday, but if my boyfriend started saying it several times in one day, it'd just lose all meaning and it becomes three words. I can't say I get sick of hearing it when he does say it though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yup. That's possible.

But it's never impossible to have too many :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'll tell my boyfriend everyday so that he knows, but not many more times than that, or it gets irritating.x
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I used to get multiple txts a day saying "I love you" i ignored most of them because I couldn't afford to keep txting back and honestly was just thinking there'll be another txt later...

ReputationRep:
    i had a boyfriend who who did that. and it kind of made me sick of it and by the end of the relationship it became some kind of leverage in arguments. and i really didn't like that. and it kind of lost its meaning as well if it's said two much. like verbally it goes "i love you"->"love you"->"luv u"
    i feel it kind of makes it feel like something to say rather than having an overwhelming feeling of love at the time.
    but thats just me.

ReputationRep:
    I think if I really loved the other person and I felt that he geniunely loved me back then I couldn't get fed up of hearing it.

But to be honest, I've never really loved a guy enough for me to want constant affection from him. In an average relationship, it would annoy me. I hate touchy-feely-lovey-dovey stuff, for the most part.

ReputationRep:
    I'm like a parrot when im drunk, telling my best mates that i love them...thats got to be annoying:p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.