Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My sister's 16th birthday is next week and I have been told to get her perfume but I don't really know what is popular or what she would like.
    I know she likes the Britney perfumes and had the DKNY Be Delicious perfume before but I'm stuck for ideas.

Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    What's your budget? And what sort of person is she, an indication of her style might help us to come up with more suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieg33)
    What's your budget? And what sort of person is she, an indication of her style might help us to come up with more suggestions?
    I probably don't want to spend more than £30. I'm being warned by my mother not to call my sister a 'chav' on the internet so I'll just say that she likes to have what's 'in' and is quite outgoing and sociable.

I'd say probably the make of the perfume is probably more important to my sister than what it's actually like.

ReputationRep:
    Buy victoria secrets' gold and silver or true star by tommy hilfiger. True Star is pretty cheap here..bought it for 175 dhs thats around 30 pounds!

ReputationRep:
    Chloe eau de parfum or Daisy by Marc Jacobs...

Both are really popular at the moment and smell really good

ReputationRep:
    I love D&G light blue - I don't know anyone who doesn't like that. Plus it's pretty cheap - I brought one recently from the frangrance shop - it was £38 for 50ml.
    Also, another one that I really like is YSL elle intense and one by Tom ford - I don't remember the name but I tried it on the last time I went shopping and that is a definete one to get.
    I'd recommend going to either selfridges or boots and trying on some perfumes. That's the way I buy - test them on my skin and see how they smell later on. Sometimes, they'll smell awful or give you a headache later on.

ReputationRep:
    Nina Ricci perfume is lovely!
    also Kate Moss has great ones too

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for one of the anna sui perfumes. They come in pretty packaging/bottles and actually smell quite nice (if a bit sweet for me).
    http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stor...hTerm=anna+sui
    or
    http://www.superdrug.com/bin/venda?e...earch=anna+sui (she should like the flight of fancy-night if she likes the britney perfume)

or YSL baby doll or Elle would probably be perfect, fairly sweet and young but a bit more sophisticated
    http://www.theperfumeshop.com/fcp/pr...ces//elle/3381
    or
    http://www.theperfumeshop.com/fcp/pr...xy-Lovely/3382 (I haven't actually tried this one, but the YSL perfumes are generally quite good and this sounds suitable). I can't find a link for babydoll but I've seen it recently in a couple of depatment stores, so you should be able to find it

Or you could just buy her a bottle of one of the perfumes you know she likes (or the matching body lotion/bubble bath), which might be the safest option

ReputationRep:
    Daisy, by Marc Jacobs smells really nice.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I really like:
    Daisy by Marc Jacobs, as mentioned above
    Flora by Gucci
    Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel

But they're all fairly expensive! Cheaper perfumes that are nice include:
    Kate by Kate Moss
    Fantasy by Britney Spears (surprisingly!)
    Flight of Fancy by Anna Sui

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.