Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

John Lewis interview watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a job interview at John Lewis for a position as a selling assistant. They said it should last 3 hours, what can I expect from the interview, what kind of things are involved??

ReputationRep:
    haha their interviews are ridiculous. I went to one once; there was one job, and about 50 people in the interview. It took 2 hours, mainly made up of rather unimaginative tasks such as making a tower out of paper (to see who would work best in a team etc), telling interesting facts about yourself, and trying to sell random objects placed beneath your chair. (I got a toy snake, whose head fell off halfway through my pitch.... (i didn't get the job, unsuprisingly :P).

The lady interviewing me was also a stuck up, erm.. "female dog"

I may have just ahd a bad experience but they seem to take themselves too seriously, tbh, (they collected all of our passports and checked each one through in what was merely a preliminary interview), and could have saved us all a lot of time by screening the prospective workers more efficiently and hence cutting down the number of people invited to the interview...

No interview should take 3 hours... good luck tho!

ReputationRep:
    I went to one recently it said it would take 3 hours but it was just over 2 hours. You had to talk about yourself then there was two tasks and a single interview at the end.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.