Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a job interview at John Lewis for a position as a selling assistant. They said it should last 3 hours, what can I expect from the interview, what kind of things are involved??

ReputationRep:
    haha their interviews are ridiculous. I went to one once; there was one job, and about 50 people in the interview. It took 2 hours, mainly made up of rather unimaginative tasks such as making a tower out of paper (to see who would work best in a team etc), telling interesting facts about yourself, and trying to sell random objects placed beneath your chair. (I got a toy snake, whose head fell off halfway through my pitch.... (i didn't get the job, unsuprisingly :P).

The lady interviewing me was also a stuck up, erm.. "female dog"

I may have just ahd a bad experience but they seem to take themselves too seriously, tbh, (they collected all of our passports and checked each one through in what was merely a preliminary interview), and could have saved us all a lot of time by screening the prospective workers more efficiently and hence cutting down the number of people invited to the interview...

No interview should take 3 hours... good luck tho!

ReputationRep:
    I went to one recently it said it would take 3 hours but it was just over 2 hours. You had to talk about yourself then there was two tasks and a single interview at the end.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.