Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Skinny fat. How to loose the fat? watch

This is a picture taken of my just last week. I feel like I am fat when I look in the mirror and I felt that I have let go a bit.

I dont have much will power but its getting me down.

What kind of exercise do I need to do?
    What kind of things do I need to eat?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see a picture.

- Run

- Food with less calories

ReputationRep:
    I lost several kilos when I had to cook my own food.
    Although I ate fast food several days a week I lost weight. But mainly, because I was walking around a lot.
    I walked to my school, and whenever I was out. And every day etc. And I didnt eat very much in generall. Stable lunch.. Maybe pasta and chicken for dinner. some other day just healthy bread and pouridge.

ReputationRep:
    yeah u gotta run and like keep it up for several months, then you'll be able to shed the fat off and see those smexy nice veins which pop up occasionally at the upper groin area

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laluna)
    yeah u gotta run and like keep it up for several months, then you'll be able to shed the fat off and see those smexy nice veins which pop up occasionally at the upper groin area
    calm down...

ReputationRep:
    Build muscle. It's the only way. It's best to lose fat as well, but if you're skinny fat then you definitely need more muscle. It will make you firmer, it'll give you more shape, so that you're not just jelly.

ReputationRep:
    Can't see the pic, it would also help if you told us your weight/height...

Assuming you are normal skinny fat (have a belly, but tiny arms, shoulders, etc), you need to lift more and eat more. Look into joining a gym and having a good clean bulking diet. Cardio is important too but don't fall into the trap of thinking you need to lose weight to lose the belly. If you are underweight but still skinny fat like I was (well still am, just not as bad as before =P), the only answer is lift and eat everything in sight. There's no point in cutting if you have no muscle to cut too, you'll just look even worse.

ReputationRep:
    Only eat what is strictly necessary

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people actually mistake hunger for thirst, I used to snack a hell of a lot (I'm not fat, it's just not healthy =P) and what I've found is that if I just go and get a big glass of water or orange juice when I get the urge to snack, I know longer feel like snacking.

So now I tend to drink a lot of fluids and don't eat very much. I have a bowl of cereal when I get up, dinner at around 5-7 and then a bowl of cereal before I go to bed.

=D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    So now I tend to drink a lot of fluids and don't eat very much. I have a bowl of cereal when I get up, dinner at around 5-7 and then a bowl of cereal before I go to bed.

=D
    Your metabolism must be almost as fast as Usain Bolt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gypsy King)
    Your metabolism must be almost as fast as Usain Bolt.
    Ahaha, what makes you say that?

ReputationRep:
    If you are eating **** foods, stop.

Exercise.

Yes it really is that easy.

Also watch how much sugar you consume even in tea & coffee, as well as on your cereal. Cut that down, or out completely.

Oh and don't drink juice or those vitamin waters, they are really unnecessary. Just drink water, your stomach and your teeth will thank you

ReputationRep:
    Ahaha, what makes you say that?
    The bit I quoted?

ReputationRep:
    The bit I quoted?
    No, I meant what made you say:

"Your metabolism must be almost as fast as Usain Bolt."

^^^ This. I don't really understand what you mean by it.

ReputationRep:
    No, I meant what made you say:

"Your metabolism must be almost as fast as Usain Bolt."

^^^ This. I don't really understand what you mean by it.
    I mean that by living on such a calorie restrictive diet, with such large gaps between meals, your metabolism will be reduced to a crawl in order to use as little energy as possibly. Ultimately, this is a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    I mean that by living on such a calorie restrictive diet, with such large gaps between meals, your metabolism will be reduced to a crawl in order to use as little energy as possibly. Ultimately, this is a bad thing.
    Well, I don't get up until 2pm (Yeah, I have a messed up sleep pattern) so it's not that long between breakfast and dinner really. I also don't actually do anything, so really I don't need much calorie intake anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't get up until 2pm (Yeah, I have a messed up sleep pattern) so it's not that long between breakfast and dinner really. I also don't actually do anything, so really I don't need much calorie intake anyway.
    Plenty of basis for translatable diet advice then.

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of basis for translatable diet advice then.
    Yeah, I'm probably far from the best person to give diet advice to, I do think my point still stands though. People seem to snack a lot when they don't need to and just having a drink instead seems to be a good way of reducing that un-needed snacking.

ReputationRep:
    depending on what u snack.

ReputationRep:
    You've stumped me with the Usain Bolt analogy. Is this one of those jokes where you compare two extremes, that's not translating well via de internetz? :confused:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.