Turn on thread page Beta

where shall i go? where would you go?- opinions/facts needed watch

ReputationRep:
    Guys Im going to be doing construction management (sept 09) ive short listed some uni's but cant decide on where to go.... so where would you go?? reasons would be nice too..
    1- Coventry ( hometown = boring but also cheaper option)
    2- Sheffield Hallam
    3- Nottingham Trent

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would go for whatever you think will be the best for you (Academic Wise)

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is at Nottingham Trent studying Computer Science, one of my best friends is there doing Law, and I've got it as my insurance for Biomedical Science. I've met a lot of people who go there and absolutely love it. It has great opportunities for employment as most courses have a year in industry and they have good contact with a lot of companies. I love the campus' (Clifton is really self contained with a bar, library, shop, bank, gym etc but still only a 15 minute bus journey from the city centre, and city campus looks great too). They seem to put a lot of money into their facilities. Plus the city is such a great place for student life! Haha, don't get me started on that.

I have no idea what your course involves, of your predicted grades or about the other uni's you mentioned. All I'm saying is that Trent is a great place and in my opinion deserves more credit than it gets. Haha, I sound like an advert for it.

I agree with the guy above that you should go where ever you feel is best. Just wanted to give you my first hand experience of it!

ReputationRep:
    LOL Thanks Grooler I think you should get a job with the uni ... you make a good sales person.

ReputationRep:
    Have you already applied to these uni's - you've said your starting in sept 09 - i would have thought it would be too late now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mickeyfit)
    Have you already applied to these uni's - you've said your starting in sept 09 - i would have thought it would be too late now
    no, im going to be applying through clearing

ReputationRep:
    good Luck with your applications,
    I study at Sheffield Hallam university and have really enjoyed studing in sheffield
    I dont Know anything about ur course as I' studying Business and Enterprise management...
    Sheffield hallam has two Campuses Collegiate and City Campus .... the city centre Campus is a two min walk to the train station , particually handy if u want to go back home for the weekend after your /lectures and seminars ... also its hardly anything to walk into the city centre.... If you are based at collegiate then u can catch a bus Called Uni-link which runs into the city Centre and only costs 70p. I love Sheffield eventhough im originally from manchester! on bright sunny days you see Students sat around hallam Square and the peace gardens chilling and doing there uni work... Sheffield is a Student town and i have certainly noticed the difference now that ppl from both unis have gone home for the summer. if u have any questions for me please feel free to ask and good look once again!

HALLAM TILL I DIE!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.