Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, when you have kids, do you want your wife to work? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When I get around to it, I definitely want my girl to work and not be a housewife. It's only fair.. but what about you?

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/t...te/screech.gif

ReputationRep:
    erm we will need the money so hell yeah//

ReputationRep:
    Is that Screech?

ReputationRep:
    Not right away, but when the kid is a bit older. But, ofcourse I will offer as much help to my wife as I possibly can.

ReputationRep:
    I take it that the guys who say yes are planning to do half of the childcare and housework too, rather than just leaving that to the woman and also expecting her to work and cook for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Is that Screech?
    Looks like. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Girls, when you have kids, do you want your husband to work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Looks like. :yes:
    Yeah, I can see Lisa behind him now.

No.

She needs to look after the child as well as continue her other duties such as cleaning, cooking, washing and being prepared to have sex when I want. No time for work..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nooptheloop)
    I take it that the guys who say yes are planning to do half of the childcare and housework too, rather than just leaving that to the woman and also expecting her to work and cook for you?
    Nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    When I get around to it, I definitely want my girl to work and not be a housewife. It's only fair.. but what about you?

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/t...te/screech.gif
    A nice way of thinking about it . But i think the kids should be the primary concern, if its better to be with a parent for them then in care then i'd drop out of work no matter how much i loved it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Yeah, I can see Lisa behind him now.
    The whole "Saved by the Bell" crew. That used to be jokes.

ReputationRep:
    That would be a decision that we would make at the time based on circumstances. Whether both parents would continue to work full time, or one of us worked part-time or not at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    Girls, when you have kids, do you want your husband to work?
    as stated in another thread, if we have kids, my hubby has offered to be the one to stay at home to look after kids... I would expect him to go back to work once the kids are older though!

ReputationRep:
    Sure, even if it's part time a few months after the birth. I'd have thought she would be keen to get out of the house for a bit. But hey this may not happen for a good 10-15 years so I don't even know why I'm thinking about it..

ReputationRep:
    Obviously.

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    The whole "Saved by the Bell" crew. That used to be jokes.
    I miss that show

ReputationRep:
    I'd defiantly want to carry on working, maybe have a month off with the baby and get into shape again too & split the housework (cleaning, cooking, etc) between us both.

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: Nevermind, I misread your question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I miss that show
    I sympathise.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.