Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, when you have kids, do you want your wife to work? watch

ReputationRep:
    If she wants to work she can work, I wouldn't want her to have to work, and I wouldn't want to pressure her to work.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind but i would prefer her stay be around the children when they are young. So therefore i wouldn't want her to work until the children are roughly 3-5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    When I get around to it, I definitely want my girl to work and not be a housewife. It's only fair.. but what about you?[/IMG]
    How so?

I'm quite happy to stay at home with my kids whenever I have them, but it'll be a choice me and my partner make, not an expectation or a duty.

ReputationRep:
    if she wants yes.. its ok ... but not many hours.. children must grow up with their parents not with strangers or baby-sitter ...!!!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by matheo!)
    if she wants yes.. its ok ... but not many hours.. children must grow up with their parents not with strangers or baby-sitter ...!!!!
    Will you not be one of their parents?

So why don't you stay at home, if them growing up with their parents is so important to you?

ReputationRep:
    In the kitchen.

ReputationRep:
    I would never be able to be a housewife. Never. Like someone else said, I would rather be single and childless.

Ideal world- I stay at home with the baby for a few months, I would like the father to stay at home too as long as he can- I realise it's easier for women to get maternity leave. Then I'd go back to work. Ideally both me and my partner would be in jobs where we can take 2-3 days off a week, and the rest of the time relatives would spend the day with my child. I don't like the idea of childcare at all. However I expect I'm going to have to make some compromises, of course.

(Original post by improving4eva)
    I don't mind but i would prefer her stay be around the children when they are young. So therefore i wouldn't want her to work until the children are roughly 3-5
    Why don't you stay at home then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    Girls, when you have kids, do you want your husband to work?
    **** off

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind. It'd be nice to earn enough so she didn't have to but I'll leave it up to her. Plus, if she does the chances of her shagging the milk/postman out of boredom would be severely reduced.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Fynch101)
    **** off
    Why is it wrong to ask that question and not the original one? Please enlighten us all.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=la fille danse]Will you not be one of their parents?

So why don't you stay at home, if them growing up with their parents is so important to you? [/QUOTEi

i mean that both can work .. but the mother is more important to be with the children... so she can work few hours .. not all the day..
    but if my wife wants to work a lot, or if she wants to do a difficult job its ok.. i wouldn't stop her...!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You should be more specific. Do you mean immediately after the child is born (like 6 months/a year) or for the rest of the time after that?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by matheo!)
    but the mother is more important to be with the children... so she can work few hours .. not all the day..

but if my wife wants to work a lot, or if she wants to do a difficult job its ok.. i wouldn't stop her...!!!!
    You realise that these two statements are in complete opposition to each other, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, surely it's up tp them?
    I'd be happy so long as they were happy, whether that meant they would work or, stay at home.

ReputationRep:
    I would support either of her decisions.

I'd personally like to work and also care for any kids I have, as kids are fun.

Parenting classes are a necessity though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    Why is it wrong to ask that question and not the original one? Please enlighten us all.
    Because the original question was a question. The second was not a question but a retaliation.

ReputationRep:
    If she wants to work, then I wouldnt mind caring for the child instead of working.

ReputationRep:
    I'd want to stay at home with the sprog until he or she was a year old or so...I wouldn't necessarily 'want' to work but I wouldn't want to be reliant upon my husband for money.

ReputationRep:
    Theres a lot of 'guys' answering in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Is that Screech?
    ha ha I've been thinking the same thing! I have watched it now about 10 times and I am sure it is. If not its a very good lookalike lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.