Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, when you have kids, do you want your wife to work? Watch

ReputationRep:
    yes, but only part-time

ReputationRep:
    I know i'm not a 'guy' but I would want to work and I would also want my husband to work.

ReputationRep:
    I would want one of me or my wife to stay at home, at least until primary school age.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend have basically agreed that assuming I earn more than him (likely) then he'll stay at home to look after the kids and possibly work from home part time.

He's a better cook than me :blushing:

ReputationRep:
    I would rather stay at home with the kids until they reach a certain age. I dont agree with chucking them into a childminder when they are 2 weeks old.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on our situation. I'd be happy for her to do what she wants as long as we can make it work. As long as she's not just sponging off me and not doing anything useful with her time.

(Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    Wouldn't you like to share the household chores, and look after your child together....and shouldn't having sex be a mutual decision - not just when you want..
    No to all.

ReputationRep:
    It's not really my choice to make (if we were rich enough then I don't see why she shouldn't decide for herself, and if we're skint enough then the decision will be already made for us)

Yah, I mean what are nannies and boarding schools for yah.

ReputationRep:
    Havent read the whole thread so sorry if it is repetitive.

I would say it would all be done to them. If she wanted to carry on I would support them in their decision if they wanted to spend more time with the children then I would support them. Also it all depends on circumstances like financial stability etc so if we were secure then i would have no qualms either way. If we werent secure I would still be happy either way but I would maybe want them to consider helping a bit with perhaps some part time work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    No to all.
    ergh, good luck finding a wife with that attitude.

ReputationRep:
    i'd like it if one of us were at home to be there primarily for the children, not really fussed if its me or her.

ReputationRep:
    It's up to her, I wouldn't give up my job though I don't think. Long way away though so its hard to comment really.

(Original post by emilyjane_09)
    ergh, good luck finding a wife with that attitude.
    I've found her :yep:

You're just jealous.

ReputationRep:
    i plan to stop working until my children start primary school, i want the best for them and want to be able to spend time with them i hate it when parents dump 2 yr olds in day care, why have children if you just want to work and can't be bothered to look after them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlanetTea)
    I don't think I could find meaning in my life if all I did was cook, clean and look after children. I literally couldn't do it. I'd prefer to be single.

THIS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    Girls, when you have kids, do you want your husband to work?
    Nope, I'd rather work and he looked after the kid haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    No to all.

Right so you feel it will be your wife's 'duty' to have sex with you whenever you decide you want it....and also she should look after your child on her own, and cook for you - thats your warped idea of a dutiful wife?? well good luck with that!

(Original post by the.white.rabbit)

Right so you feel it will be your wife's 'duty' to have sex with you whenever you decide you want it....and also she should look after your child on her own, and cook for you - thats your warped idea of a dutiful wife?? well good luck with that!
    I do. The woman gives her consent to everything when she agrees (or is forced) into marriage with me. Its not about good luck, a wife can be found easily.

ReputationRep:
    its her choice, washing dishes, making the bed, hanging up the clothes, its all the same. i'm joking, i'm joking, i'm mr anti sexist infact, i think women should be allowed to vote.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.