Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Cheaper make up? (MAC) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if you guys had any secrets to getting make up a bit cheaper than the normal price you'd pay at the counter. I'd quite like to get some MAC stuff this month some time but if there's any way to save some money I could do with it lol.

I know sometimes Debenhams do their 20% off everything sale thingy and you can get 10% off cosmetics then.. MAC is usually fake on eBay or at least I haven't found anyone I trust on there. Any other ideas? I wouldn't mind if it had been opened/used a little bit

Also on the MAC site I've seen depotted eyeshadows for £8.50- can you get these in real life? Or are they only if you're a PRO person?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rakata)
    I was just wondering if you guys had any secrets to getting make up a bit cheaper than the normal price you'd pay at the counter. I'd quite like to get some MAC stuff this month some time but if there's any way to save some money I could do with it lol.

I know sometimes Debenhams do their 20% off everything sale thingy and you can get 10% off cosmetics then.. MAC is usually fake on eBay or at least I haven't found anyone I trust on there. Any other ideas? I wouldn't mind if it had been opened/used a little bit

Also on the MAC site I've seen depotted eyeshadows for £8.50- can you get these in real life? Or are they only if you're a PRO person?!
    Try/look in store. Buy online.

I use: http://uk.strawberrynet.com/

ReputationRep:
    take a make courseeee start up a business prove your a make up artist and get your mac card and get 35% discount =D
    or just ask somebody with a discount card..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pri-x)
    take a make courseeee start up a business prove your a make up artist and get your mac card and get 35% discount =D
    Ahh I wish I knew someone with one!

ReputationRep:
    Try Cosmetics Company Outlet stores. These stores are owned by Estee Lauder (MAC's parent company), so they sell 100% genuine product, at discount prices. Mostly it's seasonal or limited edition stuff, or discontinued items, however if there's a store near you it's definitely worth a look. There's one in Bicester Village (near Oxford), plus a few others dotted around the UK.

There are also certain stores that will do sales at 20-25% off occasionally (like Carnaby St in London) so keep an eye out for those.

In terms of getting value for money, the Xmas sets that are sold in November are great value - there are usually eyeshadow palettes, lip gloss sets, etc so it's worth waiting up to splurge at that time of year.

For the pallete version of the eyeshadows, anyone can buy them. They're sold on MAC's regular website, Pro stores also sell them too. Anyone can buy from a Pro store (you can also order over the phone if there isn't one near you), but if you don't have a Pro card then you just won't get the discount.

If you have any more questions then just quote this message & I'm happy to answer.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah in Bicester Village they do discounted MAC products, though they don't always stock the same thing twice. I got a MAC lip gelee today for around £8.

I'll have to get myself a MAC Pro membership at some point. 35% off sounds good to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star_violet)
    Try Cosmetics Company Outlet stores...There's one in Bicester Village (near Oxford)
    Are these discount stores common in the UK? I'll have to give Bicester Village a second look, all I could afford was a coffee the last time i was there.:sigh:

(Original post by x-pri-x)
    Can we be friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adriana Ambrosio)

Can we be friends?
    loooolll i use my mumss

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about Mac but Superdrug do quite a few introductory offers on new make-up brought out by mid-price brands like Maybelline and Max Factor.

ReputationRep:
    Try Cosmetics Company Outlet stores. These stores are owned by Estee Lauder (MAC's parent company), so they sell 100% genuine product, at discount prices. Mostly it's seasonal or limited edition stuff, or discontinued items, however if there's a store near you it's definitely worth a look. There's one in Bicester Village (near Oxford), plus a few others dotted around the UK.

There are also certain stores that will do sales at 20-25% off occasionally (like Carnaby St in London) so keep an eye out for those.

In terms of getting value for money, the Xmas sets that are sold in November are great value - there are usually eyeshadow palettes, lip gloss sets, etc so it's worth waiting up to splurge at that time of year.

For the pallete version of the eyeshadows, anyone can buy them. They're sold on MAC's regular website, Pro stores also sell them too. Anyone can buy from a Pro store (you can also order over the phone if there isn't one near you), but if you don't have a Pro card then you just won't get the discount.

If you have any more questions then just quote this message & I'm happy to answer.
    Aaahh! I love you! Where are the other CCOs? I'm totally planning a trip to Bicester lol And London

ReputationRep:
    Aaahh! I love you! Where are the other CCOs? I'm totally planning a trip to Bicester lol And London
    Hmm, there's fewer than I thought actually:
    1) Bicester Village (20 mins out of Oxford)
    2) Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth Harbour (London area)
    3) Ellesmere Port, Cheshire Oaks

I haven't been in several weeks but last time I went to Bicester there were a ton of last year's Xmas sets (brush sets, palettes, etc). I think they were also stocking leftovers from the Hello Kitty collection recently too. Cosmetics Company stores also stock products from other Estee Lauder brands - that is to say, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc.

Link to info on the Bicester store: here
    If planning a trip from Oxford, you can take bus S5 from outside Debenhams on Magdalen St. It stops about a 3 min walk from the outlet centre.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, there's fewer than I thought actually:
    1) Bicester Village (20 mins out of Oxford)
    2) Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth Harbour (London area)
    3) Ellesmere Port, Cheshire Oaks

I haven't been in several weeks but last time I went to Bicester there were a ton of last year's Xmas sets (brush sets, palettes, etc). I think they were also stocking leftovers from the Hello Kitty collection recently too. Cosmetics Company stores also stock products from other Estee Lauder brands - that is to say, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, etc.

Link to info on the Bicester store: here
    If planning a trip from Oxford, you can take bus S5 from outside Debenhams on Magdalen St. It stops about a 3 min walk from the outlet centre.

Thanks so much I couldn't find anything useful when I google'd. I can't wait to go

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much I couldn't find anything useful when I google'd. I can't wait to go
    I actually went today... they had a reasonable amount of stuff, though not so many of last year's Xmas sets. I bought Feline Kohl Power eye pencil, Spaced Out blush (from last year's Neo Sci Fi collection) and a lipstick

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.