Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For me, it was purely about culture, background and family values. I didn't grow up playing playstation, riding bmx bikes, hanging with mates, playing video games, watching TV etc etc. Some people fail becasue they live in a first world country and they see a very prosperous world around them and they are not motivated to work hard to get somewhere in life. Some people live life just to get through each day, not caring about the future. But we require people like this - we cant all be doctors and lawyers. Society needs different classes to maintain a working order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terrorfication)
    Erm i think your going to need to define your terms before you get an onslaught of suicide causing posts by halfwits.
    Made me lol...Halfwit/Freddy...no..

ReputationRep:
    because it gives them a reality check

ReputationRep:
    Cause they cannae be arsed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    Exams-wise, because everybody isn't academic.
    Or it's a subjective subject, or a essay subject with a poor question etc

ReputationRep:
    I can never take the word 'fail' seriously anymore.

ReputationRep:
    karma?

ReputationRep:
    Because sometimes they're scared of trying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ......)
    It's still feedback, even if that was your only chance. Obviously you did something wrong (which is why you failed) and the 'fail' is proof of that - so your fail is your feedback whether that was your only opportunity or not.
    hmm i guess so. although there is the case of failing to prevent your own death- not much feedback there.

ReputationRep:
    Some people are just walking failures (apart from TSR where everyone is an academic success). :nopity:

Failing to prepare. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    People are studying things that they don't enjoy and have to do them because they are forced to. An increase in easier activities available to young people such as XBox, the internet and clubbing defer people from studying.

ReputationRep:
    Enthusiasm. It creates tenacity and it's what drives you on. If your not enthusiastic you won't accomplish as much.

My mate spent 2 years of A-level never turning up, laying in bed playing games and saying he was 'ill' when the school phoned his house. Failed his exams etc. I think the reason that happened was because of his lack of self-belief in his own abilities, but also his lack of enthusiasm for life in general. It's a horrible sight to see, if you live without enthusiasm for life, you are but an empty shell.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to fail 2 of my A levels. I put it down to lack of motivation, laziness and immaturity.

ReputationRep:
    Because for success to exist there must be failure; the best at something must be better than some others, so those others must necessarily fail.

Failure is a necessary state of being.

edit:

So a specific person fails because they are on the wrong side of a probability. The mirco reason for this is due to a dizzying array of factors that begin before their existence till the failure occurs.

ReputationRep:
    too many reasons

ReputationRep:
    some people are just scared of spider webs...

like on one morning of gcse period (when i had an exam) i prepared to leave out proper early... but TO MY GREATEST DISGUST my nan's drive was totally blooming with spiderwebs, it's like in those cartoons where the baddy wants to get that diamond but he can't cozh of the red lazer beam things...it was like that...the spider webs had totally blocked my exit of the drive...

so i had to wake nan and explain why i couldn't get to school =[ she got rid of the webs and off i went

that NEARLY made me fail see

ReputationRep:
    lack of conviction to do well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.