Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone applying for / studdying at Bath? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyysj! Linda has been at me for having a , as she put it, non-serious PS. Btw, I think they had close to 11 applicants per place this year... At least thats what they told me (hmmmmm). As far as I have understood they only have 80 places.
    It's called hush in English.

"non-serious"? Did I say that? How nice of me, I probably meant "crap"
    But for a physicist I guess it was OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    It's called hush in English.

"non-serious"? Did I say that? How nice of me, I probably meant "crap"
    But for a physicist I guess it was OK.
    Im going to ask them what they thought about it when I visit them... And if they say it was great Im so gonna mock you for it(Logically we can deduce from this that I will not mock you after returning from England...).

ReputationRep:
    Unless it explictly says otherwise it does indeed include bonus points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Unless it explictly says otherwise it does indeed include bonus points.
    You just made my day!

ReputationRep:
    Im going to ask them what they thought about it when I visit them... And if they say it was great Im so gonna mock you for it(Logically we can deduce from this that I will not mock you after returning from England...).
    Why wait when you can start now (rejected from Oxford, remember?).

ReputationRep:
    You just made my day!
    I aim to please

ReputationRep:
    I aim to please
    then when it said on the Oxford site they require 38 points was it including extra points?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    then when it said on the Oxford site they require 38 points was it including extra points?
    and Linda managed to ruin it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    I would still maintain that it did. If your school don't predict them though, they can't really factor them in

ReputationRep:
    and Linda managed to ruin it...
    How did I manage that? Oxford is not Bath. And they could have rejected me because of my PS or teacher reference (regardless of what the letter said).

ReputationRep:
    I would still maintain that it did. If your school don't predict them though, they can't really factor them in
    It's just that in my rejection letter they said they don't interview people with lower than 38 points (I had 37). Did they assume I was predicted 0 extra points? I don't think they would do such a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    How did I manage that? Oxford is not Bath. And they could have rejected me because of my PS or teacher reference (regardless of what the letter said).
    Thnx... Had it been Jin she would have told me Id fail my examinations and dont get in anywhere...

Btw, if Oxford rejected you its their loss, really... Bet it was just cus our stupid school doesnt offer economics at HL.

PS: You know I would never mock you sweetie... DS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    It's just that in my rejection letter they said they don't interview people with lower than 38 points (I had 37). Did they assume I was predicted 0 extra points? I don't think they would do such a mistake.
    Maybe they dont interview people with less than 38 points from grades, but they let you count the bonus points for your final offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)

perhaps on Monday inquire via ure teacher...she could just phone up and verify..they wont mind.

ReputationRep:
    Thnx... Had it been Jin she would have told me Id fail my examinations and dont get in anywhere...

Btw, if Oxford rejected you its their loss, really... Bet it was just cus our stupid school doesnt offer economics at HL.

PS: You know I would never mock you sweetie... DS
    Thanks *feels better now*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    They just say 38 points though, simple as that. If you're not predicted any, they cannot really assume that you will actually attain some and just see that your total is less than 38. I think if you want someone to blame, you'd have to question your schools decision not to include them in your predicted grades..

ReputationRep:
    They just say 38 points though, simple as that. If you're not predicted any, they cannot really assume that you will actually attain some and just see that your total is less than 38. I think if you want someone to blame, you'd have to question your schools decision not to include them in your predicted grades..
    Well, ur school shouldnt really be allowed to offer IB so I guess Im lucky to get the diploma at all... And Durham is nice. I even get to live in a castle!

ReputationRep:
    Kildare, dont get her sarted here, shes already pretty pissed at the math teatcher and, was it the history teatcher?, for giving her unfair predictions. Really, I got 38 predicted, and she deserves more than me (I did homework once in primary I think).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Well, ur school shouldnt really be allowed to offer IB so I guess Im lucky to get the diploma at all...
    Eh?

ReputationRep:
    Eh?
    Ever seen the show Hoogans Heroes ?

Basicly thats our school, the coordinator is kernal klink, and Linda is Hoogan...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2003
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.