14.82%
    Stick around with friends and open them together
    20.49%
    Open them alone in a quiet corner then find friends
    56.33%
    Other (are there any other ways?)
    8.36%

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that people "do" results day pretty differently. Myself, i just go to wherever i'm meant to get my results and leave without speaking to anybody (be it good results or bad results) - don't like to stick around - but that's just me :p: However most people hang around waiting to open results together and all that, so i was wondering how do you do results day.

Get the results online. Call me antisocial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCM89)
    Get the results online. Call me antisocial
    Unfortunately not all results are available online i would do that if i could. I wouldn't call you anti social, i just like to keep certain things to myself so i'll just take it you're that way too :p:

ReputationRep:
    I find somewhere private like a little corner to open them and then stick around for ages to see how everyone else did.

ReputationRep:
    Rip open the envelope as soon as its in my hands no matter where i am...

ReputationRep:
    Mine come in the post.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fancying a hike to a field to open mine, then I'll return to where everyone else will be if I haven't failed

ReputationRep:
    i just plan to open them wherever i may be standing......

ReputationRep:
    Our school don't do envelopes. What happened last year:
    Walked into school library, lots of sheets of paper on the tables.
    The exams officer asked me my surname and I was so nervous I forgot.
    He handed me the paper and watched my reaction as I read it.
    So yeah, it's right there so it's hard to run off and open them privately.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people seem to get envelopes, of all the results day I've had not once have our school given them in envelopes.

ReputationRep:
    I get them and leave becuase I feel stupid if I have terrible results due to my spelling and grammar

ReputationRep:
    Last year I waited for like half an hour after my friend asked me to wait until he got his. He did ****, by his own words. I got three As! haha

ReputationRep:
    I normally open them in a corner and then go and tell my friends how I did after when I've gotten over how bad I did.

I'm not even going to results day this year though, my parents are going to get them for me and then will (probably) read my results down the phone to me.

ReputationRep:
    I normally get there after all of my friends. Then I just get my envelope ... open it, and then ... deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you all have to go to school to get your results, that's a bit crap lol

ReputationRep:
    For GSCE i was working as a labourer in the school on results day and the caretaker only gave me 5 mins break to get my results, i just had a look spoke to one of my teachers then when back to painting a corridor wall.

ReputationRep:
    I have three centres to go to. Each one requires a different custom.

I have one result from Edexcel ResultsPlus. I will undoubtedly check Track. I'm very unlikely to wait for the post.

My first will have (unsealed) envelopes, from which I will probably take the results there and then in front of the teacher, and hang around briefly with friends (and teachers) to discuss.

My second will also have (unsealed) envelopes, but it's an impersonal private candidates centre, so there will be a massive queue that leads out onto the high street. I'll just take the envelope, walk out, and open it at the Tube station or bus stop.

My third, and main, centre, will have bare statements of results handed out by teachers, in the performing arts area (which doubles as the main exam hall). I will be able to see the results straight away, but I'll not look at them properly until I get out into the college grounds. Then I can discuss with friends / teachers.

So, ehm, other?

Anyone else at risk of press interviews? I got hounded for one last year for AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I find somewhere private like a little corner to open them and then stick around for ages to see how everyone else did.
    I make videos on TSR. :ninja:

Well this results day is realy important so it'll be different.

Check track and if it's updated then open envelope anywhere in school.

If track hasn't updated take envelope and run to the nearest hole/cave/secured place and open them and then next move is determined by my results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss A*)
    Rip open the envelope as soon as its in my hands no matter where i am...
    :ditto:

I can't take the anticipation. I just wanna knowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.