Stick around with friends and open them together
    20.49%
    Open them alone in a quiet corner then find friends
    56.33%
    Other (are there any other ways?)
    8.36%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    lol :p: does anyone else get theirs that early through a similar scheme.
    Call my school 'old fashioned', but we actually have to make the journey there and pick them up in some brown envelope. :rolleyes:
    In the future though I suppose all schools will have some system in place where you can access them online.

ReputationRep:
    For my GCSEs I went to school with friends and opened them all together.
    My A Levels came in the post.

ReputationRep:
    I cant even remember what I did for GCSE and that was less than a year ago. I definitely didn't find a corner, I just opened them when I got them and can't remember if I was with anyone or on my own. I did go in with friends though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Call my school 'old fashioned', but we actually have to make the journey there and pick them up in some brown envelope. :rolleyes:
    In the future though I suppose all schools will have some system in place where you can access them online.
    well the reason why they do IMO is that people travel from far and wide to get there, train, bus, ferry etc as its in the middle of no where. e.g. i travel 50mins there and 50mins back every school day by train. i think the longest people travel for is like 1hr 20min.

and yeah my old school was brown envelope.

ReputationRep:
    In Scotland your results get posted to you so that's a boost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura373)
    I cant even remember what I did for GCSE and that was less than a year ago. I definitely didn't find a corner, I just opened them when I got them and can't remember if I was with anyone or on my own. I did go in with friends though.
    For my GCSE results, I was away.
    I had a friend open them and phone me to inform me.

AS-level, I can't exactly remember... opened them in school once I'd received them, spoke to a few friends and then left!

ReputationRep:
    When my year group gets our results (those who are in the mood) we're all going straight to one place - the pub!
    Thank god for Weatherspoons.
    But yeah, go somewhere quiet and open the envelope which decides my future and then decide whether I want to: -run down the street naked -jump off the motorway bridge -Say a quiet "yay" and then go to the pub. That's what I'm doing for results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    well the reason why they do IMO is that people travel from far and wide to get there, train, bus, ferry etc as its in the middle of no where. e.g. i travel 50mins there and 50mins back every school day by train. i think the longest people travel for is like 1hr 20min.

and yeah my old school was brown envelope.
    Woah a ferry? Where is this school? I travel for like 50 minutes as well but it's by bus.

ReputationRep:
    I came in here thinking I was gonna say 'I just open them', but the thing about going into a quiet corner then going back to friends was exactly what I did at GCSE's... results were very good so all was well.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Woah a ferry? Where is this school? I travel for like 50 minutes as well but it's by bus.
    well its in brockenhurst (hampshire), new forest middle of no where basically and quite a few people (not me) commute from the isle of wight. and then they catch a bus or train from the ferry terminal to the station in brock.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...54932&t=h&z=15

thats brockenhurst, a tiny village in the new forest pop of about 3k doubles to 6k when college is in session.

ReputationRep:
    Darn, if I had any sense I would have interpreted the title sexually, rather than wasting my time being serious

ReputationRep:
    No envelopes at college, I wasn't there last year but I heard that they write everyone's results on this massive sheet of paper with our student number and you just gotta find yourself on the list. Not sure how it's supposed to work with 800 odd people in the year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Darn, if I had any sense I would have interpreted the title sexually, rather than wasting my time being serious
    but nobody would have found it funny in any way so you would have wasted your time trying to be funny

ReputationRep:
    You don't do results day. Results day does you.

ReputationRep:
    At GCSE I went away and opened them by myself, and started crying lots and lots..... because I did well! But then I walked back to everyone covered in tears and they all thought I had failed....until I explained

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    but nobody would have found it funny in any way so you would have wasted your time trying to be funny
    Yeah, "like I do your Mum" probably wouldn't have gone down well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fi0na.)
    No envelopes at college, I wasn't there last year but I heard that they write everyone's results on this massive sheet of paper with our student number and you just gotta find yourself on the list. Not sure how it's supposed to work with 800 odd people in the year
    Yea my last college does that for the FE students.

Open them alone in a quiet corner then find friends ... its better that way :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Well this results day is realy important so it'll be different.

Check track and if it's updated then open envelope anywhere in school.

If track hasn't updated take envelope and run to the nearest hole/cave/secured place and open them and then next move is determined by my results.

this one. if track has update unconditional or what ever it does.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't gone through that ('cause i live in the states) so I can only guess that I would be so giddy/anxious that I'd just hold on to the envelope and kind of run around not sure what to do. either look for friends and open them together or eventually find a quiet place to let my anxiety flow without people staring (not that that's their concern at the time).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.