14.82%
    Stick around with friends and open them together
    20.49%
    Open them alone in a quiet corner then find friends
    56.33%
    Other (are there any other ways?)
    8.36%

ReputationRep:
    At my results day you go into my headteachers room and the headteacher personally gives them to you.

I'm not looking forward to the 20th :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    what happens if you miss your offers? how are you going to sort clearing/the uni you missed out?
    i'll ring up the uni if i don't get my grades...i'm not gunna bother with clearing i'll stay at college for another year.

ReputationRep:
    AS i just opened them immediately, A2 i just went on ucas track

ReputationRep:
    Other - we didn't get envelopes, our form tutors would just show us a piece of paper with our results on and made sure we understood our grades. I'd always stick around afterwards, though.

Now I get them on my computer, it's much less fun.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid question but do you go in and get them at whatever time? Or is every school different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigDave56)
    I'll come as your handluggage. All I need are boardies, flipflops and shades. You can provide the suncream.

deal.

ReputationRep:
    OMG this thread is making me even more nervous...now i'm actually thinking what i'll do when i pick up the envelope. THANKS lol

ReputationRep:
    This thread is making me feel sick with nerves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I find somewhere private like a little corner to open them and then stick around for ages to see how everyone else did.
    Mee too haha! For GCSEs I got there before all my friends, saw my grades and stuck around to see everyone elses.
    This year I'm not opening the envelope until I see everyone elses.. I'll do it after the celebration meal lmao

ReputationRep:
    My sixth form only gave us a college print out of our results and a break down of the modules and we got our statment of results papers from the exam boards in the post the next day. So on results day there was no envelope.
    For AS, I remember waiting in the big queue, with my legs shaking. When i got to the front the teacher couldn't find them and when she did i just walked to the side of the room to look. Then i had to wait to confirm my A2 options before going.
    A Level results day i walked in. The desk for my initials was empty so i got my results straight away and checked them in front of the teacher. I just remember the smile spreading across my face and the teacher saying "i knew you'd do it", me thinking 'well, why did you predict me a B then'.

Good Luck people for this year. Hope you get what you want/need.

ReputationRep:
    i open them away from everyone else then go and see my friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    Mee too haha! For GCSEs I got there before all my friends, saw my grades and stuck around to see everyone elses.
    This year I'm not opening the envelope until I see everyone elses.. I'll do it after the celebration meal lmao

Why would you open your results after the celebration meal? Tbh I don't think I'd be able to make it through a whole meal without opening them up.
    Good luck to you anyway

ReputationRep:
    Take them and refuse to turn the sheet(s) over (we never get envelopes) then find a quiet corner, open, be emotional and find people

ReputationRep:
    My school is always swarming with press, so probably I'll go in and get my envelope, walk outside with it, get asked to open it in front of a camera, get asked my results, and be asked to have my photograph taken either jumping in the air with results in hand or hugging a friend. Or I might get the envelope and leg it, but we get yearbooks so I think we'll all be hanging around...

ReputationRep:
    Why would you open your results after the celebration meal? Tbh I don't think I'd be able to make it through a whole meal without opening them up.
    Good luck to you anyway
    Naa, I'd make it through the meal.
    I'd rather get depressed after all that foood than be too depressed to eat (IF my results come out rubbish..)

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    My school is always swarming with press, so probably I'll go in and get my envelope, walk outside with it, get asked to open it in front of a camera, get asked my results, and be asked to have my photograph taken either jumping in the air with results in hand or hugging a friend. Or I might get the envelope and leg it, but we get yearbooks so I think we'll all be hanging around...
    I doubt I'd have the bottle to open my results on camera unless I'd checked Track in the morning and found out I definitely had my place first!

ReputationRep:
    Well seeing as I no longer have anthing to do with anyone from 6th form, I'll go in, get the envelope, get out of there as fast as I can, and probably open it at home with family.
    Then it'll be a big messy night out afterwards with friends to try and forget how bad I've done

ReputationRep:
    I have to open my results in front of my form tutor to confirm that the results are correct, then run off and cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss A*)
    Rip open the envelope as soon as its in my hands no matter where i am...
    This. Entirely.

ReputationRep:
    I find somewhere private like a little corner to open them and then stick around for ages to see how everyone else did.
    Why? do you have a mental problem?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.