20.49%
    Open them alone in a quiet corner then find friends
    56.33%
    Other (are there any other ways?)
    8.36%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasmine90)
    This thread is making me feel sick with nerves
    Ditto. I was enjoying a big bowl of popcorn and suddenly my appetite's vanished

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    Why? do you have a mental problem?
    No, I just spend ages talking to my friends about it all. Why would that mean have a mental problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    No, I just spend ages talking to my friends about it all. Why would that mean have a mental problem?
    Why on EARTH would you ever do thath?!?!?!?!? that's the worst possible thing you could do!! Let me guess, you also like to stick around after exasm and discuss answers right? flipping hell. it sort of knocks your confidence when you discuss results with others thats why im confused.

ReputationRep:
    I hide in a corner, maybe tell people depending on how bad they are, and then go home :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why on EARTH would you ever do thath?!?!?!?!? that's the worst possible thing you could do!! Let me guess, you also like to stick around after exasm and discuss answers right? flipping hell. it sort of knocks your confidence when you discuss results with others thats why im confused.
    No, I hate it when people are like that. If you must know after my AS results I was so upset I couldn't face going home so quickly. I was just talkin gto people as you do, it's not exactly a crime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    No, I hate it when people are like that. If you must know after my AS results I was so upset I couldn't face going home so quickly. I was just talkin gto people as you do, it's not exactly a crime.
    No, but if you get bad resutlts surely talking to other people is only going to make you more upset? I genuinley dont get why people do this.

ReputationRep:
    Why? do you have a mental problem?
    :rofl:

anyway, i either get them online first at home if that's possible, and then go into college/school with friends to get it on paper, or just go to college/school and open it with my friends.

ReputationRep:
    No, but if you get bad resutlts surely talking to other people is only going to make you more upset? I genuinley dont get why people do this.
    Well not really, because I was talking to some other people who were slightly disappointed (so that way I know I'm not alone), and I'm happy for the people who do well. I just wasn't in the mood to see my parents straight away, that's all. :p:
    Plus for my AS I didn't realise they wouldnt give the overall grade for my subject so i was confused when I just saw all these numbers so I had to go and see my head of sixth form to find out what I got anyway

ReputationRep:
    we dont get envelopes at my school either, We all go into the hall, people with last names in the first half of the alphabet go one side and people with last names in the other half go to another side we queue then wen we get to the front of the queue they ask us our name and then look through a folder get out our results fold it in half and hand it to us, it does even have our grades on just our UMS, (this is what happened for jan mods anyway ) so then after you read your UMS marks you have to go and queue for a different board to find out the grade boundarys! Last time there were some ppl who looked on the board at biology but it was the wronge spec , and it have lower grade boundarys lots of ppl were jumping around think theyd got As, but after about half an hour someone pointed out it was the wrong one and everybody had to go back and check and was thougherly disapointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustYourTypicalBlonde)
    deal.
    Freshers will be a blast! Fingers crossed for us both.

ReputationRep:
    this is a cruel cruel thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moody28028)
    Our school don't do envelopes. What happened last year:
    Walked into school library, lots of sheets of paper on the tables.
    The exams officer asked me my surname and I was so nervous I forgot.
    He handed me the paper and watched my reaction as I read it.
    So yeah, it's right there so it's hard to run off and open them privately.
    My college is the same. You go to one of the tables in the sports hall, which are grouped by student number and then there's two invigilators and one roots through the pile of AQA and Edexcel slips, the other through the pile of OCR and WJEC slips for your student number then they just hand you them.

I picked other on the poll because I read mine as soon as I get them wandering slowly into the middle of the sports hall... then I go find others and wait for them. So I don't open them with friends, or in a quiet corner..

ReputationRep:
    I don't get an envelope to open =[
    I have to ring my school and it's agonising because all the teachers want to do is talk to you about how you summer's been and what you're doing next year.

ReputationRep:
    we have to go into our form room one by one and open them infront of our form tutor and they already know our results. this is supposed to make it easier for them because they know beforehand whether we are going to be disappointed or not.

we get ours in a brown envelope and if u miss your offer by a couple of UMS there will be a letter to go to head of year who will personally ring your firm choice and try and get them to accept you. but i will dread to see a letter telling you to go and see head of careers because this means you have missed both your offers by alot!

this is just because it is A2, usually i open them by myself and then see how my friends have done.

good luck everyone, this thread is making me more anxious! - results are only 12 days away!

ReputationRep:
    Erm, well GCSE year I had a friend from where I used to live down, and I opened them with her and everyone else really, then AS year me and my best friend opened them together away from everyone else (we both said "that's not too bad" at the same time haha). Then last year I went to get them with best friend and then-boyfriend, was going to open with all my friends but I could kind of see a grade through the paper (it was a D ) so I went by myself and cried lol.

ReputationRep:
    Open them in a quiet corner, and then leave.

This year it'll be different as I'm on holiday. So traipsing round trying to find an internet cafe, checking my emails to see if the school have bothered to send it yet.

ReputationRep:
    Another point about GCSE results, the teachers were smiling as they handed us our envelopes - that was scary because no one could tell if it was a 'sorry, what a shame' sort of smile or a 'well done' one. We knew they knew what we'd got but it was fairly offputting.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to take mine away to a quiet corner - I'm not really openly emotional either, so probably no crying/screaming/hysterical laughter unless everything went soul-destroyingly badly.

For my AS results, a friend of mine got AAAC and was crying her eyes out for about ten minutes; I couldn't tell if it was jubilant or despondent crying! What do you do in that situation? Comfort her for her amazing results?

I just avoided her 'til she stopped :yep: I'm an amazing friend...

ReputationRep:
    for AS i turned up with my sister and went to a corner and opened them.... i have a feeling this year will be pretty similar

( except this year ill be exercising the " refresh " button on track the night before rather alot )

ReputationRep:
    I open them with my friends. It's not like we all open together - I just stand with them and then open the envelope.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.