Turn on thread page Beta

Deluded or just a daydreamer? watch

Please keep anoymous or delete.
    When im daydreaming i often get thoughts about my past boyfriends. I have imagined a scene in my head quite a few times of me being stabbed in a street and a particular ex just watching me die and telling me to deal with it. This never actually happened in reality and i find it a bit scary that i nearly make myself believe that it actually happened when it didn't, i just imagine it alot. I havn't told anyone about this, i don't want to scare them off or anything.

Other common daydreams is that all my friends sit down a watch clips of how all my ex boyfriends treated me (they did treat me quite badly by manipulation, verbal and emotional abuse, cheating on me, being used. one of them told me he heard voices in his head telling him to kill me and a different ex told me there was nothing stopping him from putting a gun to my head if he wanted to)

Me and an ex of 2 years broke up a year ago and i havn't spoken to him since. But everyday i still think about him and want to punish him for treating me like crap. I have had a few dreams of beating him up nad making him cry with guilt.

Are these type of thoughts psychotic or just normal for people you don't like?

Normal...

Also, everytime i see a happy couple or read something about a couple being in love and happy, i think about my exe's with a girl that they love and i end up feeling miserable. I should be over them by now. Everytime i go clubbing or to a pub or listen to a love song i can't stand it because it just reminds me of the past. how can i detach myself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anoymous or delete.
    When im daydreaming i often get thoughts about my past boyfriends. I have imagined a scene in my head quite a few times of me being stabbed in a street and a particular ex just watching me die and telling me to deal with it. This never actually happened in reality and i find it a bit scary that i nearly make myself believe that it actually happened when it didn't, i just imagine it alot. I havn't told anyone about this, i don't want to scare them off or anything.

Other common daydreams is that all my friends sit down a watch clips of how all my ex boyfriends treated me (they did treat me quite badly by manipulation, verbal and emotional abuse, cheating on me, being used. one of them told me he heard voices in his head telling him to kill me and a different ex told me there was nothing stopping him from putting a gun to my head if he wanted to)

Me and an ex of 2 years broke up a year ago and i havn't spoken to him since. But everyday i still think about him and want to punish him for treating me like crap. I have had a few dreams of beating him up nad making him cry with guilt.

Are these type of thoughts psychotic or just normal for people you don't like?
    People who've been stabbed to death aren't generally able to use the internet

I wouldn't say they are normal but I wouldn't say they are psychotic either.

Although they are daydreams they could actually mean something in the sense that maybe you hate yourself for staying with your exes despite what they did to you and maybe this is your subconcious' way of making you feel guilty about it.

Anyway you were obviously affected by the way your exes treated you so maybe that still affects you till now and maybe you need to either talk to someone like a counsellor or find a way to let go of the past and let go of your ex-boyfriends.

(Original post by sleekchic)
    I wouldn't say they are normal but I wouldn't say they are psychotic either.

Although they are daydreams they could actually mean something in the sense that maybe you hate yourself for staying with your exes despite what they did to you and maybe this is your subconcious' way of making you feel guilty about it.

Anyway you were obviously affected by the way your exes treated you so maybe that still affects you till now and maybe you need to either talk to someone like a counsellor or find a way to let go of the past and let go of your ex-boyfriends.
    yeah maybe it is why. I thought the watching me due thing was my subconsious expressing that when i felt really depressed for months and cried everyday, he was so easily able to shut me out of his life and didn't care how upset i was. So the him watching me suffer was just showing how i felt so low and he didn't do anything to help, he just made me deal with it.

can you think of any ways of letting go that doesnt involve a counsellor?

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you're still hungup over them.

Nothing gets you over an ex like the next one - to go a club and find a guy. Even just make out with him.

**** you old boyfriends, they sound like horrible people.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    yeah maybe it is why. I thought the watching me due thing was my subconsious expressing that when i felt really depressed for months and cried everyday, he was so easily able to shut me out of his life and didn't care how upset i was. So the him watching me suffer was just showing how i felt so low and he didn't do anything to help, he just made me deal with it.

can you think of any ways of letting go that doesnt involve a counsellor?
    I honestly can't think of anything. Maybe perhaps talking to someone.

Why don't you want to talk to a counsellor? It's not just getting over your ex that you have to deal with, it's also the emotional abuse you suffered and the guilt and everything else.

ReputationRep:
    I think they are fairly normal thoughts and worries but if they are bothering you then I think it's important for you to talk about them with someone who you can trust.

I don't know how old you are but if you are at Uni, then if you go and see your GP then they will refer you to a councillor which will probably do you a lot of good.

If you are younger, try speaking to a trusted teacher, or a PSHE teacher. They will also be able to arrange counselling for you.

If you do nothing and continue to endure inner torture then you have no one to blame apart for yourself because there is plenty of help out there for people who ask for it!

For the minute, don't worry.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.