The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
hoonosewot
Urgh, i'm not a fan of Push, some of their information is woefully out of date. Plus some of their ratings are just bizarre.
For example, they gave Newcastle a booze rating of 2 out of 5 despite it being known across the country for its quality nightlife, and gave it 0 out of 5 for both living costs and reputation! It's a Russell Group university which also happens to be in one of the cheapest areas to live in the country! As i said, bizarre.

(As a comparison, Loughborough got a booze index of 4 out of 5, despite the towns terrible nightlife)

I agree in regards to their statistics and ratings. Absolutely hate them. But their atmosphere profiles can make for interesting reading.
xRonnie
Machester Met. are all up for a laugh :smile:

Yeah cause they don't have to worry about doing any work :p:
(Haha, I went there for 3 months in 2007)
oo_Lucinda_oo
LOL absolutely spot on! :tongue:

I would rep you but I don't know if you like that :unsure:

Thanks lol. :p:

You can neg me instead. :wink:
Reply 63
who would you associate with middlesex lol xx
Swansea Uni; not in the top level but still pretty strong all round. Sporty but laid back, likes a drink and a day on the beach, surfer-y ... full of engineers, sports scientists, computer scientists, linguists and ancient historians.
what do u think bout essex??
You can, but you really shouldn't :sigh:
Hayleyboop(:
Surely you could never generalise the population of a university, as the people who go to uni usually come from all over the country/world, and from all backgrounds as it's not like you have to be wealthy to go to uni anymore.

The only exceptions might be Oxford/Cambridge, who seem to have a preference for little rich boys/girls who are from middle/upper-class families, and will not accept you even if your grades are straight A's/A*'s, as i know working-class people who've applied with these and been rejected. So you can't deny that the people who go to these particular uni's are well-off. They might be the exception.

I know middle class/upper middle class people who have been rejected as well - Oxbridge dont just reject working class kids - how can they anyway?
hoonosewot
Urgh, i'm not a fan of Push, some of their information is woefully out of date. Plus some of their ratings are just bizarre.
For example, they gave Newcastle a booze rating of 2 out of 5 despite it being known across the country for its quality nightlife, and gave it 0 out of 5 for both living costs and reputation! It's a Russell Group university which also happens to be in one of the cheapest areas to live in the country! As i said, bizarre.

(As a comparison, Loughborough got a booze index of 4 out of 5, despite the towns terrible nightlife)

lol i'm glad im not the only one who thinks that website is so crap!
What's KCL's stereotype:smile:?
Reply 70
malibu_xo
What's KCL's stereotype:smile:?

People who bump old threads which were pretty pointless to begin with?:wink:
Reply 71
hobnob
People who bump old threads which were pretty pointless to begin with?:wink:

lol

Do you know what's really sad? When I first saw this thread I thought it was new. I didn't recognise the thread title (and I have ALL GUD thread titles of the past two years memorised :p: ).

I've realised why I didn't recognise it. It was from early last August when I moved house and had no Internet connection :p: So relived. My geekiness remains.

Reading through this thread it didn't seem like I missed much.

Spoiler

Reply 72
hoonosewot

I know this post is from August and I deserve to be :spank: for continuing this. But I do find this funny. I think they've given Durham full marks for cost of living despite rent being at least as expensive as Newcastle's and the incredibly high cost of living in Durham's colleges.

Seems a bit strange the profile praises a university for its culture and nightlife, claiming it rivals all cities outside London (and almost London itself) but gives it a modest score :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending