Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK, so I'm going to check Track on the morning of results day just in case. I'm impatient :p:

Does anyone know if Imperial actually updates Track in time for it to show up at 7-8am on results day? Anyone tried it last year?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i think they do...

i'm still deciding whether to check ucas in the morning or wait til i pop into school...

ReputationRep:
    Well, when I was waiting to get in, in September 2007, Imperial hadn't updated track until 11AM for me, so I know I was at least unconditional for insurance at Bristol.

The problem was the wait to work out which I'd gotten into, not if I'd gotten into anywhere. Imperial's known to be slow on the paperwork side of things, so there's a chance they're still going to be as late as ever on Track I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyco)
    Well, when I was waiting to get in, in September 2007, Imperial hadn't updated track until 11AM for me, so I know I was at least unconditional for insurance at Bristol.

The problem was the wait to work out which I'd gotten into, not if I'd gotten into anywhere. Imperial's known to be slow on the paperwork side of things, so there's a chance they're still going to be as late as ever on Track I'm afraid.
    Does it really depend on the uni?? i thought it was just automatically done via ucas from your grades which are all sent to ucas online?
    Gahh im soo confused! do some universities not update in the morning then?? and what does it say if you got into your firm and if you didnt get into your firm but made your insurance??
    sorry for all the qs.! xxx

ReputationRep:
    i hope they do, i think i'll be checking to see if i get into imperial in the morning, my friend said hers updated at 12 in the morning so i might stay up and see, it's not like i'll be able to sleep anyway.

ReputationRep:
    as far as im aware track updates on results day in the early morning

ReputationRep:
    part of me thinks i should just wait til i get to college. if i dont get in and i find out early, ill just feel hopeless and uselss.
    id rather feel hopeless surrounded by my head of sixth form and school careers advisor.

ReputationRep:
    No... UCAS sends the results to the universities (well, in fact, for 'A' levels the unis are processing them today...), the university ensures that the results are a match and then has to wire transactions back to UCAS indicating Accept decisions, which then appear on Track. However, due to places always being tight at Imperial and so lots of humans having to be involved to look at near misses, etc... plus just the sheer number of UCAS data transactions involved, it usually means there's a slight (few hours) delay in everything going through the systems and hitting Track.

ReputationRep:
    I checked track at around 7am on the morning of the results day last year and was happy to see a congratulations welcome to imperial college message or something like that, but it did take some of the "excitement" out of going to get my results.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right! I take it it's pretty random then. I'll probably check it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't hear anything from Imperial via email or Track until 7pm on results day. I thought I'd missed my offer before I got my results. :sad:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.