Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need to have a CRB check for a position I'm applying for. I was wondering what would come up. It's just a regular check I'm going for, not an enhanced one.

ReputationRep:
    I have the enhanced one, and the first box is: "Police Records of Convictions, Cautions, Reprimands and Final Warnings" - I'm not sure what a reprimand counts as.

ReputationRep:
    It's dependent on what job your looking for, i had to take one for working with vunerable adults and they where looking for any convictions that would make me unsuitable. Dont have any convictions at all mind.

ReputationRep:
    ...there not gonna care that you once had a party and got cautioned.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have thought it would show up.

ReputationRep:
    if it was me i'd phone the police and ask...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I can't imagine someone taking your name down would go on a CRB check. Surely you need to be informed that you have a criminal record if you have one?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    I'm not asking if the agency would care, I want to know if it would even show up at all. It's a pretty competitive job agency working with children, so anything that shows up will lose me the job. So will the scenario above show up?
    if it's for working with kids then it should be an enhanced crb? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Did you admist whatever the offence was, and did they say you were getting a reprimand or formal warning or anything like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    I can't remember, it was about three years ago now. But I was never taken to the police station, my parents weren't told and I didn't have to sign anything. So I'd guess since I was under 18 at the time and they didnt involve my parents, nothing could have been put on my record? *crosses fingers*
    I'm not sure tbh.

"A Reprimand is a formal verbal warning given by a police officer to a young person who admits they are guilty of a minor first offence."

And reprimands will show up. So it is all about whether the officer said you were getting a formal warning or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    I need to have a CRB check for a position I'm applying for. I was wondering what would come up. It's just a regular check I'm going for, not an enhanced one. Would I have to have been taken to a police station and formally given a warning etc for anything to show up, or do things like having your name and address taken down count?

I had a party once and got told off for making a lot of noise, and they took my details. They never called my parents or sent anything in the post to confirm they'd even been to the house. Would this show up on a CRB check? Or is it only official cautions and more serious things that show up?
    How old were you when you had this party and your details were taken down; and how old are you now?
    At either 16 or 18, very minor offences are wiped off...

The police would naturally treat it as a big deal: It was a breach of the piece and was disruptive to the neighbours who were obviously irked enough to contact the police to have it sorted.

This said, if it's not an enhanced check, i'm sure it won't show up.

Spoiler:
    Show

A simple caution
    If you are given a simple caution you will be officially warned about the unacceptability of your behaviour, and the likely consequences of committing further crimes will be explained to you.
    Police can only issue a simple caution if:
    • there's evidence an offender is guilty
    • the offender is 18 years of age or over
    • the offender admits they committed the crime
    • the offender agrees to be given a caution – if the offender does not agree to receive a caution then they may be charged instead

Will a simple caution go on my criminal record?
    A simple caution is not a criminal conviction, but it will be recorded on the police database. It may be used in court as evidence of bad character, or as part of an anti-social behaviour order (ASBO) application.
    Source: Home Office Website

I don't think you have anything to worry about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    I can't remember, it was about three years ago now. But I was never taken to the police station, my parents weren't told and I didn't have to sign anything. So I'd guess since I was under 18 at the time and they didnt involve my parents, nothing could have been put on my record? *crosses fingers*
    Okay, i spent a while typing up my post.....
    You were under 18 at the time; and you're now over 18....

I stand by my saying that I think you have nothing to worry about!

ReputationRep:
    sound like you just got away with being told off by the officer on scene

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizia)
    That's what I thought, but when they came round, the police treated it like it was a big deal. I hope I don't have a criminal record without knowing it :/
    Er, you can't get a criminal conviction without (for practical purposes at least) appearing in a court and being found guilty. You are not a criminal because a policeman once gave you a talking-to.

(Original post by CrazyChris)
    This said, if it's not an enhanced check, i'm sure it won't show up.

Spoiler:
    Show

A simple caution
    If you are given a simple caution you will be officially warned about the unacceptability of your behaviour, and the likely consequences of committing further crimes will be explained to you.
    Police can only issue a simple caution if:
    • there's evidence an offender is guilty
    • the offender is 18 years of age or over
    • the offender admits they committed the crime
    • the offender agrees to be given a caution – if the offender does not agree to receive a caution then they may be charged instead

Will a simple caution go on my criminal record?
    A simple caution is not a criminal conviction, but it will be recorded on the police database. It may be used in court as evidence of bad character, or as part of an anti-social behaviour order (ASBO) application.
    Source: Home Office Website

I don't think you have anything to worry about
    By quoting that, you seem to suggest she was given a caution. She wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    Iv been verbally warned by police on a few occasions and had my details taken but my enhanced check came back clean just yesterday

ReputationRep:
    It wont show up. Loads of people have their name taken. I have done twice, once for taking down a union jack at the lonach . For the latter though I just lied about my name and address though.

ReputationRep:
    If they took your details it's probably just a measure to make sure you don't rave loud again. I very much doubt it was actually kept in the CRB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    By quoting that, you seem to suggest she was given a caution. She wasn't.
    Eh, I know she wasn't. But I'd found that anyway... listing what the requirements for the formal caution: that she'd have had to have been 18 at the time; further clarifying that she didn't have a caution. =]

ReputationRep:
    hi, some years ago a group of us were stopped for shoplifting (which im very ashamed about) by a security guard who took down our name, address and date of birth. he was not a policeman, would this show up on an enhanced crb check?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *cauchemar*)
    hi, some years ago a group of us were stopped for shoplifting (which im very ashamed about) by a security guard who took down our name, address and date of birth. he was not a policeman, would this show up on an enhanced crb check?
    Of course not, you eejit.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.