Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Embarrassing girl problems... Might be a bit graphic Watch

This is really embarrassing and I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas about what's up with me...

Before Christmas I had problems with what I thought might have been water infections. I felt like I needed to go the toilet every few minutes, and was hardly passing anything when I went. I had really bad pain just below my stomach, but it wasn't like an ache, it was the sort of pain you get when you've held on from going the toilet for ages and you really need to go. That's the only way I can describe it
    I was put on antibiotics and the infection I had seemed to have cleared up.

In the past week I've had the same symptoms, but a lot worse than they were back then, and I'm also getting lower back pain. I went to the doctors on Thursday, with a water sample, and was told that it was perfectly normal, no infection or anything.
    Despite this I still have the pain and the difficulty peeing, and I'm also getting a white discharge (sorry I said it'd be graphic...), and "down there" feels really uncomfortable...

As well as this, since I first started having periods years ago, I've always had a lot of discharge between periods, upto the point where I'd have quite a bit most days.
    I don't know if that would have anything to do with how I've been this week, but does anyone have any idea what could cause either the "water infection" symptoms or the excessive amount of discharge I get?

I'm really worried!
    And again sorry for the graphic

ReputationRep:
    i vote for it being cystitis.
    drink cranberry juice. lots of it.

ReputationRep:
    Cystitis? Drink loads and loads of water, seriously.

I thought cystitis was an infection though?
    And if water sample has come back negative for infection?..

And any ideas to what would cause so much discharge between periods?

ReputationRep:
    sounds like cystitis which is quite easily treated. However, it is an infection but is also used to cover a range of inections and irritations in the lower urinary system. If not your doc will find out. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I don't really know what this is. And I agree with everyone else, drink lots of water because then when you feel like you need to go, you actually will. And I mean ALOT as much as you can (ok, not too much or you risk drowning your organs). I think i had a similar kinda thing a few years ago without the pain, it could just be you aren't emptying your bladder properly when you go to the loo where drinking loads of water will help. WATER!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I thought cystitis was an infection though?
    And if water sample has come back negative for infection?..

And any ideas to what would cause so much discharge between periods?
    It is an infection, yes. Hmmm. Have you tried drinking loads of water? I think that would at least make you more comfortable.

(Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    It is an infection, yes. Hmmm. Have you tried drinking loads of water?
    Yeah I have,
    and it does help for a while.
    It just comes back though later on even if I have kept up the water drinking.
    It seems to be worse of a night time too.

ReputationRep:
    ewwwwwwwww mayo discharge

ReputationRep:
    Drink lots of water regularly, and take cranberry tablets (cranberyy juice contains a lot sugar which only makes the infection worse), don't wear tight pants/jeans, don't have baths too much and when you do don't put fizzers etc in as they contain a lot of sugar, wee as soon as you need to.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.