Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, I am applying for 2010, where If offered, Sheffield will be my firm.

My question:
    What are the accomadations like:
    Kitchen?
    Sharing a room?
    Single?
    Mixed Sex?

Because: I'd much rather share a room, than stay by myself.
    I've heard that the majority of the accomadations are single.

Thank you.

And I've read plenty about Endcliffe.
    How are the rooms there?
    Fun to be there?

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends on what accomodation you apply for.
    All catered accom has pantrys (like kitchens without an oven)
    All self-catered accom has full shared kitchens/

Flats are both mixed sex or single sex depending where you get put.

I no longer think there is an option to share a room - it was not popular with most students so its been phased out. If you ask for it specfifically they may be able to find you shared though.

Fun! - Yes its lots of fun, always something to do and a very social place to be!

ReputationRep:
    i really do hope i get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Acky)
    i really do hope i get in.
    What course you applying for?

Sheffield is an :awesome: place to live...

If I didn't live here already...I'd think it was a good city!

The amount of regeneration going on is just out of this world!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    What course you applying for?

Sheffield is an :awesome: place to live...

If I didn't live here already...I'd think it was a good city!

The amount of regeneration going on is just out of this world!
    chemical engineering.

cool, so do you just live in sheffield or do you go the uni too?

i didnt get to see the actual city and stuff when i went to visit, so is it shaping up quite well?

ReputationRep:
    chemical engineering.

i didnt get to see the actual city and stuff when i went to visit, so is it shaping up quite well?
    Sheffield FTW ....

sorry just saw Sheffield and thought id add a lil comment :o:

ReputationRep:
    chemical engineering.

Ah nice...yeah I live in Sheffield and I will be attending the Uni this year

Before the regeneration projects it was pretty good but not its just gone through the roof, especially in the town centre....so many old buildings being knocked down left right and centre and being replaced by brand spanking new cool looking buildings! The University is actually building quite a few buildings for itself too...

It's all :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hula129)
    Sheffield FTW ....

sorry just saw Sheffield and thought id add a lil comment :o:
    feel free to comment all you want. i'm all ears.

might see you round sheffield then :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Endcliffe too (and hopefully will end up living there). I think a couple of people posted some pictures of the Endcliffe accommodation somewhere if you have a look.

Link here.

ReputationRep:
    feel free to comment all you want. i'm all ears.

might see you round sheffield then :yes:
    Yusss :yes:

ill be the one with no friends on the first day looking abit lost :/

ReputationRep:

Before the regeneration projects it was pretty good but not its just gone through the roof, especially in the town centre....so many old buildings being knocked down left right and centre and being replaced by brand spanking new cool looking buildings! The University is actually building quite a few buildings for itself too...

cool. sounds good then, cant wait. what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hula129)
    Yusss :yes:

ill be the one with no friends on the first day looking abit lost :/
    dont worry, we all will be fairly friendless on the first day, but i have a map so i wont be lost.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry, we all will be fairly friendless on the first day, but i have a map so i wont be lost.

ah at least your half way there then

ReputationRep:
    cool. sounds good then, cant wait. what are you studying?
    Economics

Some of the lecturers are sooo cool! :zomg: I was talking to one of them and he was like :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Economics

Some of the lecturers are sooo cool! :zomg: I was talking to one of them and he was like :cool:
    cool, i just did economics at a level, but my teacher put me off it, but my bro did it at uni and said it was good. cant wait now.

ReputationRep:

The University is actually building quite a few buildings for itself too...

Yep! The new Jessop West Building is new - and has won awards. The IC looks pretty amazing and aparently they are building a new one that has a beehive in it or something (not quite sure on the facts about that though).

Also can anyone for get the arts tower? It may be ugly but its listed :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Yep! The new Jessop West Building is new - and has won awards. The IC looks pretty amazing and aparently they are building a new one that has a beehive in it or something (not quite sure on the facts about that though).

Also can anyone for get the arts tower? It may be ugly but its listed :p:
    The IC is awesomeness! And it's open 24 hours a day so you can't complain about not being able to do any work! :p:

The Arts tower is all white now...I don't even know what their doing to it....

ReputationRep:
    So are most people here, in a single room?
    Then after first year, they can opt to move into their own apartments, and choose to look for a roommate to cut costs?

ReputationRep:
    The IC is awesomeness! And it's open 24 hours a day so you can't complain about not being able to do any work! :p:

The Arts tower is all white now...I don't even know what their doing to it....
    Theyre spending about two years, making it structurally safe and doing up the inside. Then they're thinking of putting all the Uni's admin staff in there. Which is a shame really, if there aren't any lectures or seminars in there people won't get to use the paternoster (or see the very nice and distracting views of Weston Park out of the windows during dull seminars)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddlers crossword)
    Theyre spending about two years, making it structurally safe and doing up the inside.
    Yeah it said something about 14 months to complete

That's ages!!!

(Original post by toddlers crossword)
    Then they're thinking of putting all the Uni's admin staff in there. Which is a shame really, if there aren't any lectures or seminars in there people won't get to use the paternoster (or see the very nice and distracting views of Weston Park out of the windows during dull seminars)
    That's what my mum was telling me as well...cos she works for the university immigration department or whatever that is! lol

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2009

University open days

1. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.