Turn on thread page Beta

Do you wear clothes that are fashionable even if you dont like them? watch

ReputationRep:
    As in the title, discuss

Would you wear a peice of clothing because its considered fashionable, or because a celeb has been spotted wearing it, even if it doesn't suit you, or you dont particularly like it?

ReputationRep:
    no.

ReputationRep:
    ..surely nobody is going to say 'yes'? o_O

ReputationRep:
    Hell no. I like to be comfortable in what I'm wearing, metaphorically and literally :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thats ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    YES! OMG I do this all the time! :rolleyes:

Although,now I think about it, I have been wearing this Juicy Couture bracelet for a while that I don't really like, I'm trying to like it because it costs like £50.

ReputationRep:
    No I wear what I like and feel comfortable in. I wouldn't wear something in fashion if I didn't like it, it just doesn't make sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    no, just no.

No

ReputationRep:
    no i'm not a tool.

ReputationRep:
    Without doubt: no.

ReputationRep:
    some fashion statements are just blah. i.e. jumpsuits. when i first saw them in shops, i thought it was a joke so nope.

ReputationRep:
    im the opposite. I will wear clothes that I like even if they are not fashionable After all, why conform to societies perception of 'fashion'.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, no. But... I am inspired by what others wear or what is in 'fashion' so I grow to like things that I didn't really like in the first place. For e.g I used to detest skinny jeans but now I've got dozens of pairs.

Same with clothes that people say that suits me. I might not be so convinced but tempted to buy them because of the positive response and then grow to like them.

ReputationRep:
    No not really, because I'm not a fan of Jack Wills.

ReputationRep:
    Personal style is much more important than the current fashions, in my view.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'd feel uncomfotable in clothes I didn't like.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that clothes may suggest a statement of some sort. Would you wear them to say this statement?

like jumpsuits or whatever

ReputationRep:
    No, because that would be pointless. If you're wearing something because of the 'cool' factor and you don't like it then you're just going to look stupid and uncomfortable, not cool at all

ReputationRep:
    No I buy what I want and I don't just wear something when it's in season. I wear it whenver I like, I have clothes in my wardrobe that I've had about three years and still wear.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.