Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you wear clothes that are fashionable even if you dont like them? watch

ReputationRep:
    no way, i wear clothes becuase i like them not becuase some "celebrity"'s been seen wearing it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As they say - look good, feel good.

If you don't think you look good because you don't like the clothes, you're not going to be very confident. o_e

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Though I also won't avoid wearing clothes that are in fashion, if I like them (like some people who have to be 'UNIQUE!'). I suppose things might catch my eye because they're in fashion, when I'd never really considered wearing them before.
    Normally I'm out of fashion cos I shop in end of season sales and markets

ReputationRep:
    Generally no. But sometimes i convince myself i like something more in the shop than i actually do.

ReputationRep:
    No:fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Im actually quite surprised at the number of people that anyone actually said yes to this question if Im honest.

But this is going back ages now, ponchos, that was "in" about 3/4 years ago, who would like to go outside wearing one now? and why?

ReputationRep:
    No but then I have been persuaded to go out dressed in a corset and fishnets tonight (I know that's not fashion) to match friends. Lol. Not at all close to my usual attire or indeed something I particularly look great in...

ReputationRep:
    No because they are selloutss

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I normally try them on, hoping they'll look ok and then I'll change my mind and like them - but that never happens. I look rediculous in anything that is remotely in style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    YES! OMG I do this all the time! :rolleyes:

Although,now I think about it, I have been wearing this Juicy Couture bracelet for a while that I don't really like, I'm trying to like it because it costs like £50.
    yeahyeah!
    but i end up liking it after some time
    like jumpsuits

ReputationRep:
    Nopeee

ReputationRep:
    Of course not, how unoriginal . I'll only ever buy clothes that I like, otherwise what would be the point? I'd feel uncomfortable otherwise. If you buy on-trend clothes that you don't like/that celebrities wear, then well done, you are officially a sheep following the crowd due to the insecurity of wanting to fit in :naughty:.
    Don't adhere to trends either. Just buy clothes that will always look good and that suit your shape, that way you'll save money and never have a bad-clothes day. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zazzbag)
    Not really, no. But... I am inspired by what others wear or what is in 'fashion' so I grow to like things that I didn't really like in the first place. For e.g I used to detest skinny jeans but now I've got dozens of pairs.

Same with clothes that people say that suits me. I might not be so convinced but tempted to buy them because of the positive response and then grow to like them.
    Yeah this is pretty much true. At first, I hated gladiator sandals, but the more I saw them, the more I grew to like them until I eventually really wanted a pair and bought some. But I do totally ignore some trends, such as playsuits/jumpsuits and those irritating jegging things! So I guess I just follow the fashions that fit in with my usual style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    YES! OMG I do this all the time! :rolleyes:

Although,now I think about it, I have been wearing this Juicy Couture bracelet for a while that I don't really like, I'm trying to like it because it costs like £50.
    I forgot that you still had that. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    I forgot that you still had that. :holmes:
    Haha, you can have it back :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zazzbag)
    Not really, no. But... I am inspired by what others wear or what is in 'fashion' so I grow to like things that I didn't really like in the first place. For e.g I used to detest skinny jeans but now I've got dozens of pairs.
    Same, I think fashion and trends influence my taste in clothes but I wouldn't wear something I seriously detested just to conform to a trend.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I am hindered from doing this anyway as I'm rarely remotely aware of what is in fashion (apart from what all the Topshop junkies are wearing at any given time :rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
    No, that would be stupid...

ReputationRep:
    no I only wear the clothes I love and the ones that make me look sexy and beautiful

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.