Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you wear clothes that are fashionable even if you dont like them? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No. With my height (5ft 1in) I have to choose things that flatter me or I look dumpy.

ReputationRep:
    If it isn't "you", then no!
    But if it's really fashionable, and your not critisising yourself all the time while wearing it ... and can't be asked to change into anything else .. then why not?

ReputationRep:
    Fashion looks stupid on me so I play it safe.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    naaaah.

ReputationRep:
    No. My clothes are all fashionable BECAUSE I wear them. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I think I find myself doing the opposite and not wearing certain brands because they're considered fashionable. :/

ReputationRep:
    sometimes i don't like something, then i see a picture of someone in it or see someone wearing it and then i change my mind about it.

ReputationRep:
    I wear what I like. If it's fashionable and I don't like it, I don't wear it, ever.

Case in point: skinny jeans. I have never, ever worn skinny jeans. I think they look repulsive on men, and I'm fairly certain I would look like a mong dressed in them (as men tend to do when wearing them).

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I wear what I like/what I think suits me. I do follow some trends if I like them though. There have also been times where I hated a trend when it first came out and then it totally grew on me.

ReputationRep:
    No, I would never do that, I have to love something and have lots of exciting plans for it, or else I won't buy it. But I did used to purposely dress more fashionable for certain teachers' lessons to get compliments. Shallow I know, but when you live in the empty library, an "I love your top!" can really make a day special. So I'd dress Topshoppy for the young teacher, classical for the librarian, bright for the appropriate teacher etc. It was fun.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not! I only buy and wear things if I like them! ... Or if they're really cheap in a sale and I convince myself it's worth it as I'll 'probably like it in the future' :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ive done this with clothes before..and they never ended up getting worn cos i either didnt like them or didnt like how they looked on me. I tend to stick to quite plain clothes, skinnies, skirt and shorts with vests..can never go wrong. I look s**t in patterns and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    ..surely nobody is going to say 'yes'? o_O
    I know a few idiots that do that

But to answer the thread **** NO, I would rather look nice and be out of fashion. I do not want to be one of those people that looks back at photos and say "WHAT WAS I THINKING?!"

ReputationRep:
    NO, because i'm human.

ReputationRep:
    No but I sometimes wear uncomfortable stuff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.