Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is that possible? And which do you think is better in terms of careers? What, really, does Biomed involve?

FYI, I haven't started my course yet. Hope to do this October, EEE with Management, thinking about a switch, if its possible. Would that be stupid to give up my seat in EEE at Imperial for Biomed? Considering I'd have to get AAA with A in all maths units to get in for EEE in the first place. Biomed offer is usually AAB.

ReputationRep:
    Bump!

ReputationRep:
    NO replies?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's possible as the two courses are very different. You'll only find out properly if you phone them and ask.

ReputationRep:
    Speak to the departments. It is possible, but dependant on your own grades previously and the spaces available.

ReputationRep:
    I'll call em up tomorrow and see. Do u think its logical in the first place? I mean, giving up my seat in EEE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dac90)
    I'll call em up tomorrow and see. Do u think its logical in the first place? I mean, giving up my seat in EEE?
    Its only logical if you have decided that Biomed is the path for you rather than EEE.
    Only you can answer that question, dont worry about whichcourse is more prestigious than another, just think what you would enjoy the most,and which would be closer to your career aspirations.
    The person I knew who switched from Aero to Bio (i think it was biomed eng) enjoyed it much more, purely for his tastes.
    Thats ultimately the choice for you.

(and well on top of that, whether they let you switch )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabeer)
    Its only logical if you have decided that Biomed is the path for you rather than EEE.
    (and well on top of that, whether they let you switch )
    Thanks, well put. I've never been too sure about my subjects. Lol, i'm interested in Stats too!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.