Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    heey guuys ! the big day is nearly upon us and i shall be returning from my lovely holiday on the day they're released so i'm getting my dad to pick them up before picking me up from the airport !

i know as long as i write a letter of authorisation and blah blah blah he'll be able to collect them on my behalf however i have a query.. my school has practically given no information for students who need to do this and so i've no idea how formal this letter should be and other than the date and naming my dad and giving him permission to pick them up and signing it if there's anything else that i need to include in the letter.. if not then no worries but if there is something that i'm missing out on..

hopefully this is in the right forum..

My friend is picking mine up, and it's just a case of 'I will not be able to attend for results day (optional: as I will be away blah blah). I therefore give permission for <person> to pick up my results on my behalf.'

That's all there is to it really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    My friend is picking mine up, and it's just a case of 'I will not be able to attend for results day (optional: as I will be away blah blah). I therefore give permission for <person> to pick up my results on my behalf.'

That's all there is to it really.
    where are you off to?

:ninja: I couldn't possibly say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    :ninja: I couldn't possibly say.
    :sad:

ReputationRep:
    it doesnt have to be really formal, just a dated letter with your name, address, tutor/form number, and signature on stating that you give permission for your dad (write his full name as i think he will have to take ID with him) to collect your results. Make sure he takes ID to be safe as my school made people even parents take ID for GCSE and there was so much F'ing and blinding because they simply would not give them to them so better safe than sorry good luck!

EDIT: I might also add that depending on what time you will be getting home, if you are concerned you might not meet your firm choice then to get your dad to open your results and have all your university numbers and clearing choice phone numbers with you incase you have to ring up to do some pleading because the lines will be chokka all day, and tbh the earlier you phone if all doesnt go to plan then the better off your chances are. If you dont want your dad to see first maybe try and get to a computer just to check track so at least you know your home and dry and can wait til later for your results. But if your not going to university no worries, was just a thought i had

ReputationRep:
    ahahaha- your dad might open them

ReputationRep:
    Just write a signed declaration giving your dad permission to pick up the results. Nothing fancy.

I "blah blah" hereby give permission for my father, "Mr. B Blah" to collect my level results on my behalf.
    I was working on my A-level results day. I phoned my friend, he handed the phone to a teacher and i told the teacher he could pick up my results and it was all sorted.

ReputationRep:
    I think you have to write your candidate number down aswell - might be a good idea anyway incase your school do have any queries.

ReputationRep:
    dad collecting report *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    ta ever so much for the replies guys ! :yes:

(Original post by Holli2011)
    write his full name as i think he will have to take ID with him) to collect your results. Make sure he takes ID to be safe as my school made people even parents take ID for GCSE and there was so much F'ing and blinding because they simply would not give them to them so better safe than sorry good luck!
    yeah i know he has to bring his id with him but whether he remembers or not is another matter completely ! lol.. i wont be a happy bunny if he doesn't !

(Original post by chocoholic4)
    I think you have to write your candidate number down aswell - might be a good idea anyway incase your school do have any queries
    ahh i didn't think of that ! can't do any harm not too ! thanks !

(Original post by c0nfus3d)
    ahahaha- your dad might open them
    he wont.. at least.. he better not ! i'd flip if he does !

ReputationRep:
    At my school ours are just like left on the table, anyone could go in and pick them up really didn't realise it was different in other places.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.