Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to change my hair, as its boring and is quick to become greasy. Can anyone suggest a style that would suit my face shape? I want something low maintenence, but if you think a different colour would suit then say I don't know much about hair which is why I ask!

ReputationRep:
    'fro.

:iiam:

ReputationRep:
    A fringe?

ReputationRep:
    I think you'd suit going a darker shade (maybe after summer if you'd prefer that!) if you want to change colour. I'd go in with feathering round your face and lots of layers to give movement etc etc all those hairdressy words. Keep the side parting. The type of hairstyle you can just blowdry and go because the layers stop it looking flat or anything.

Yeah I'm crap at explaining, sorry. I tend to go into my hairdressers and say "I want it about *this* length with plenty of layers, do what you want".

(Btw you have massive eyes, they're lovely!)

ReputationRep:
    Dye it chocolate brown, get it layered, a sweeping side fringe and get an inch or two cut off the length.

ReputationRep:
    Get a side fringe and some short choppy layers.

ReputationRep:
    how about simply trying having it curly instead of straight? it can be a big difference and if you just scrunch it while its wet then use mousse its not that hard, although it does depend if your hair is naturally wavy or not.

you could also try choppy layers as someone else said, they look good on nearly everyone

I miss Roscoe and Gladstone Hall :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    I think you'd suit going a darker shade (maybe after summer if you'd prefer that!) if you want to change colour. I'd go in with feathering round your face and lots of layers to give movement etc etc all those hairdressy words. Keep the side parting. The type of hairstyle you can just blowdry and go because the layers stop it looking flat or anything.

Yeah I'm crap at explaining, sorry. I tend to go into my hairdressers and say "I want it about *this* length with plenty of layers, do what you want".

(Btw you have massive eyes, they're lovely!)
    Ahh thankyou :blush: Thankyou for everyone's ideas, I'll consider those. I would like to go a darker colour (I wouldn't suit any lighter colour!) Though not a fringe, I really hate them sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Would look good a little longer maybe, with some curls?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.