Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what to do , does anyone know any other unis that dont require A's in bio and chem at A-level except Kings and Queens? Im awaiting results and i think i may have got AAB but not an A in biology - thus restricting my choices to 2 when i reapply next year. Do you know of any other uni's that dont specify or what i can do?

ReputationRep:
    :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freddyy_poo)
    I'm not sure what to do , does anyone know any other unis that dont require A's in bio and chem at A-level except Kings and Queens? Im awaiting results and i think i may have got AAB but not an A in biology - thus restricting my choices to 2 when i reapply next year. Do you know of any other uni's that dont specify or what i can do?
    Stay with it - as already been said - wait until results day. You never know.

Good Luck - thinking of you

ReputationRep:
    Even for a uni that doesn't ask for an A in bio and chem will prefer that you have it, increasing chance of interview and placement

ReputationRep:
    :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.sarwar7)
    Even for a uni that doesn't ask for an A in bio and chem will prefer that you have it, increasing chance of interview and placement
    Is that not really obvious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wisdom-tooth)
    Belfast: AAAa (AA in chemistry and one from biology, physics or maths)
    Birmingham:AABb/a (AA in chemistry and biology)
    Bristol: AAB (AA in chemistry and one other lab-based science, preferably biology. AS Biology at grade A if not taken to A-level)
    Cardiff: AAB (AA in 2 sciences, normally chemistry and biology)
    Dundee: AAA (including biology and normally from chemistry, physics or mathematics)
    Glasgow: AAB with at least BBB at first sitting (AA in chemistry and biology)
    King's College London: AABb (chemistry and biology, at least 1 at A-level)
    Leeds: AAB (AA in chemistry and biology)
    Liverpool: AAB (chemistry and biology, at least 1 at A-level. If not offered at A-level, AS chemistry or biology at grade A)
    Manchester:AABb
    Newcastle: AAB (chemistry and biology at grade A)
    Queen Mary (Barts and the London): AABb (chemistry and biology compulsory at AS, chemistry and/or biology at A-level)
    Sheffield: AAB (including chemistry and one other science)

OP, if you get AAB with the B in biology on results day you could apply to KCL, Queen Mary and maybe even Sheffield as they don't specify biology as one of the compulsory subjects required. Also, give Liverpool a ring and ask them if they want AA in the 2 sciences. I'm pretty sure Manchester want AA in chemistry and biology but I didn't see it anywhere on their website.

In brief, that's King's, Queen Mary, Sheffield and Liverpool. 4 good unversities you could possibly reapply to.

Edit: if you can't find the information on their website, you could always check the UCAS website for specific subjects and grades required (if any) for each dental school.
    very impressive

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your help everyone its really appreciated - ok well i guess i'll just wait and see!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your help everyone its really appreciated - ok well i guess i'll just wait and see!
    Stay positive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rob12)
    Stay positive
    i got AAB with a B in chemistry - all unis except kings and queens (i have called them) need A in bio and chem! looks like i have 2 choices this year! risky!

ReputationRep:
    i got AAB with a B in chemistry - all unis except kings and queens (i have called them) need A in bio and chem! looks like i have 2 choices this year! risky!
    Chemistry is for some reason more important than biology, as long as you are predicted A in chemistry and you pull it up next year you have a chance of getting in

ReputationRep:
    what was ur ukcat score?

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry is for some reason more important than biology, as long as you are predicted A in chemistry and you pull it up next year you have a chance of getting in
    sorry to misinform, these are my achieved a level grades which i just got yesterday because i didn't get in this year , i think i'll see what i get in my ukcat then decided if i want to apply for dentistry or not.

ReputationRep:
    sorry to misinform, these are my achieved a level grades which i just got yesterday because i didn't get in this year , i think i'll see what i get in my ukcat then decided if i want to apply for dentistry or not.
    oh sorry, are you applying with a B in chemistry

ReputationRep:
    oh sorry, are you applying with a B in chemistry
    yeh i might do - i shall see how ukcat goes first!

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression that with the exception of graduate entry you had to get an A in Chemistry for all dentistry degrees in England anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 21, 2009

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.