Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so i got mine today, first choice owens park!

room number T2.05.05

for those who don't know, I rang up to ask how to decipher the code.

T2 is 'tower' - the 2 is for their system, not us. (can be from T1 to T6)
    the second number (05 in my case) is the floor number.
    the third number (05 again) is the room number.

it is different for other halls, but for people going to owens park, in particular the tower - that's how we roll.

SO WHAT DID EVERYONE GET AS THEIR ACCOMMODATION?!?!?!?!

let the banter begin.........

(P.S. If you have a conditional offer you will NOT have received your offer yet! Don't worry! You'll get it after results!)

ReputationRep:
    Prepare for two places called Sainsbury's and Queen of Hearts to become your home for the next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    Prepare for two places called Sainsbury's and Queen of Hearts to become your home for the next year.
    no love for gaffs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    no love for gaffs?
    Oh dear yes. Apologies :p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget Revolution and BaaBar. :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    Don't forget Revolution and BaaBar. :wink2:
    I was just going for the key areas :p: and I didn't want a list as long as my arm!

BaaBar however :love:

ReputationRep:
    I was just going for the key areas :p: and I didn't want a list as long as my arm!

BaaBar however :love:
    Sainsbury's :love:

ReputationRep:
    I never, ever go to revs in fallowfield - I go to revs in deansgate all the time, but never fallowfield. I think I went twice for the whole of freshers.

We are also forgetting trof, and the corner. I spend a lot of time in trof - sausage sandwich in the mornin' :yes: oh, and robbos, but robbos is foul.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh Trof! And actually, the new Font is cool.

ReputationRep:
    yes! font. I was going to edit my post to add it, but then I realised that'd make me on the verge of just listing every outlet in fallowfield.

krunchy fried chicken :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Krunchy fried chicken, LOL. I can safely say I've never been. These people don't know what they're getting themselves in for :ninja:

Raj :coma:

ReputationRep:
    oak house for me, beech court.
    anyone in beech court should PM me, i haven't been able to find anyone in this court
    (i will respond in a week time, i'm heading for the seaside in the morning )

ReputationRep:
    Krunchy fried chicken, LOL. I can safely say I've never been. These people don't know what they're getting themselves in for :ninja:

Raj :coma:
    WHA?! All of my friends from home have been..I invited them up and made them go, like a pilgrimage. Chicken wrap :coma: :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I have a question about tower. How come people have bags hanging out their windows. Someone told me it was milk, is this true?

Also nobody has mentioned Pandora's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    I have a question about tower. How come people have bags hanging out their windows. Someone told me it was milk, is this true?
    yeah, it's milk and other perishables. it's not just in the tower! they're all over OP. it's because their kitchens are well crappy.

Also nobody has mentioned Pandora's
    eewww! i'll report you to paxman, start a proper scandal. my mum parked next to pandora's once, she said to me, "what odd opening hours they've got there!". So innocent :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    yeah, it's milk and other perishables. it's not just in the tower! they're all over OP. it's because their kitchens are well crappy.
    Ah ok. I have only really noticed on the Tower, i suppose no one can steal your milk if it is hanging out your window.

(Original post by OhNO!)
    eewww! i'll report you to paxman, start a proper scandal. my mum parked next to pandora's once, she said to me, "what odd opening hours they've got there!". So innocent :no:
    If you are quick you can make today's News of the World.

I am quite partial to the bog standard old man's pub that is the Friendship Inn. It is good for taking in some football on a lazy saturday afternoon. Font is good and Queen of Hearts and Baa Bar can be ok. Robbo's is not for the sober, but can be fun on the right night.

ReputationRep:
    typical manchester student (apparently)! So loyal to your university you're overrunning our innocent fresher forum with your experienced banter!

ReputationRep:
    A humorous (sp?) thing is to sit in wethers and watch all the dirty women/men coming in and out of pandoras:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    humourous! american is humorous!

ReputationRep:
    Soz la. I wrote humourous but that somehow looked like a part of the body. But then again I think that's humerus. Yeah we do lots of spelling on my course :ninja:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.