Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    Soz la. I wrote humourous but that somehow looked like a part of the body. But then again I think that's humerus. Yeah we do lots of spelling on my course :ninja:

Actually, it is humorous....

humourous is just incorrect generally! So you were right!

however humor is american english and humour is british english. All a tad confusing really... haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emansell1)
    Actually, it is humorous....

humourous is just incorrect generally! So you were right!

however humor is american english and humour is british english. All a tad confusing really... haha
    Woop woop!

Hmmm, off topic, so... your time in Fallowfield will be very humorous!

Yeah, see what I did there! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Richmond Park baby!

ReputationRep:
    ahh just remembered a questions i have.

What's the deal with post in halls? I mean, is it possible to get things delivered? I do 90% of my shopping online...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Si_G)
    ahh just remembered a questions i have.

What's the deal with post in halls? I mean, is it possible to get things delivered? I do 90% of my shopping online...
    yeah, every flat has a post box where all your regular post will be delivered straight to. If you have a package, then reception will sign for it and keep it, and you get a little slip in your post box. Then you just go and collect it from the cheery, friendly people at reception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    yeah, every flat has a post box where all your regular post will be delivered straight to. If you have a package, then reception will sign for it and keep it, and you get a little slip in your post box. Then you just go and collect it from the cheery, friendly people at reception.
    That old man who works in there is the least friendly person on campus. I actually postpone collecting parcels till I see it's someone else sometimes, he just puts me in such a bad mood!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarplumragdoll)
    That old man who works in there is the least friendly person on campus. I actually postpone collecting parcels till I see it's someone else sometimes, he just puts me in such a bad mood!
    I know, he's awful. but have you met the married couple who work there? the wifey works in the office, and the husband is a security guard. she makes him his lunch and cups of tea and they eat together in reception. they're so cute!

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving into a student houseshare on Ladybarn Lane, so Sainsbury's is right behind me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    I know, he's awful. but have you met the married couple who work there? the wifey works in the office, and the husband is a security guard. she makes him his lunch and cups of tea and they eat together in reception. they're so cute!

Oh you've got to love old couples! I don't think I have seen them though?
    I liked the woman who at christmas held the (quite long) queue up by asking everyone whether it was an advent calender in their parcel and whether she could have a chocolate if it was. The cheek.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisianaPuuurchase)
    I'm moving into a student houseshare on Ladybarn Lane, so Sainsbury's is right behind me
    Living next to Sainsbury's is a godsend and a pain in the arse all rolled into one. I lived 2 mins from it last year :woo:

I have a car mind so I do my big shop at Asda :rock:

ReputationRep:
    Living next to Sainsbury's is a godsend and a pain in the arse all rolled into one. I lived 2 mins from it last year :woo:

I have a car mind so I do my big shop at Asda :rock:
    Rock and Roll!

I won't have a car til 2nd year so it's nice and convenient for now. Sainsbury's do nicer fruit than Asda anyway, their quality seems to have really gone downhill in the last few years.

ReputationRep:
    Rock and Roll!

I won't have a car til 2nd year so it's nice and convenient for now. Sainsbury's do nicer fruit than Asda anyway, their quality seems to have really gone downhill in the last few years.
    I like Morrisons for fruit. And Tesco. Sainsbury's is too expensive :p: But they do do nice strawberries!

ReputationRep:
    I like Morrisons for fruit. And Tesco. Sainsbury's is too expensive :p: But they do do nice strawberries!
    Yeah little bit pricey, gonna have to learn to be the queen of the bargain bin :p:

Haha, what are we talking about??!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah little bit pricey, gonna have to learn to be the queen of the bargain bin :p:

Haha, what are we talking about??!
    :dontknow:

I blame you...

ReputationRep:
    sheavyn house yay)

ReputationRep:
    beech court, oak house

ReputationRep:
    i still havent got mine
    does it depends on how long ago u applied? like a first come first serve basis?

ReputationRep:
    It can't be, I applied on the last possible day (literally) and got where I wanted, although it is the biggest place I think :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)

i hope you are being sarcastic. the balding man is an absolute loon and the really big woman is a *****! I was texting my friend when he was finding my parcel came out and literally screamed at me telling me to "get my phone out of the reception" WHAT.THE.HELL.

The big woman has serious issues too! Although that was 2 years ago...hopefully they have changed. they got enough complaints!

ReputationRep:
    Richmond Park yeaaaah!

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.