Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=SoggyFroggy]If it's randomly in the street, i act like I don't care and take glances when i feel the guy isn't looking. I act like i don't care because I suppose i'm afraid of rejection. [QUOTE]
    :ditto:

If I do pass a hot guy, I tend to just try and catch his eye very subtly, but i can't force myself to even smile or anything much more :o:
    However if I happen to be absolutely smitten by the guy, I try to catch his eye several times or attempt other measures depending on the situation.

ReputationRep:
    any tips/pointers??

ReputationRep:
    I act completely nonchalant in front of them. Works like a charm. not.

ReputationRep:
    I've been told I stare at people, but not just attractive men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    That never happened, did it? :p:
    You'll never know, emmie19. You'll never know.

It didn't. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedHistorian)
    Strong intense glance then immediately look away...smile to myself then a quick glance
    so they get the message: "come over!"
    Oh yeah. That's my way of doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    You'll never know, emmie19. You'll never know.

It didn't. :emo:
    Aww dw :hugs:

If it worked out for the nerds in American pie, one day it'll work out for you :p:

ReputationRep:
    anytime a girl looks at me, i ALWAYS make sure to look behind me

lest she is looking at someone else

..there ususally isnt someone behind me, but i still carry on on my merry way, without giving any signs

they all probably think i'm gay after that

ReputationRep:
    Aww dw :hugs:

If it worked out for the nerds in American pie, one day it'll work out for you :p:
    Films aren't real. False hope is false. I'm going to die alone. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Very exclusive this.

If I think a girl is looking at me (which rarely happens I have to say) I'll probably look back a lot. I have a tendency to stare even though I don't mean it - you get an urge to do something when you tell yourself not to.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    if they are really hot :act like you don't care, probably looking like you're ignoring them..
    I've tried that before.. Didnt prove to be a success.. Would one say it is at all effective?! So far, I believe such actions have to be followed on by more friendlier actions to take things further or..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    LOL you don't get hot guys in Lidl.
    I beg to differ. The Aldi near mine is right in the middle of Selly Oak where you get all the Brum uni students living. Hot guys in there ALL the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by museobsessed)
    I beg to differ. The Aldi near mine is right in the middle of Selly Oak where you get all the Brum uni students living. Hot guys in there ALL the time
    Lol, your hunting ground? =P

ReputationRep:
    Aww :hugs: Dw, one day you'll find the right slutty girl :p: ... and you will no longer be a virgin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Lol, your hunting ground? =P
    Nah. Am generally in there with my mum, not the best way to pull i'm sure you'll agree.
    to answer the thread question: I generaly look for proportionately long as the guy is hot. If he realy is hot I will follow him in the distance for as long as I can lol. Not subtle. They never seen to notice me looking at them though, or if they do they obviously don't want to speak to me

ReputationRep:
    Aww :hugs: Dw, one day you'll find the right slutty girl :p: ... and you will no longer be a virgin
    :emo: Your profile picture will have to do until then.

ReputationRep:
    I stare like there's no tomorrow.

:grin:

ReputationRep:
    I stare as much as possible.
    Im in this situation at the moment actually, the guy that works next door to the shop i work in is HOT, seriously like :coma:
    Everytime he walks past he stares and smiles when i look, but this just keeps happening and he WONT come talk to me no matter how hard i try to signal for him too (maybe i should get some sort of sign and hang it over my head? :o: )

ReputationRep:
    :emo: Your profile picture will have to do until then.
    :rofl: I'm wearing a coat... fail :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.