Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    get a 3 series
    :laugh: would think about it if any of the interesting ones were in budget!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    the sound of that supercharger on the bathurst alone makes me want one but alas..
    Thing is, you can bung that Walkinshaw Supercharger on to the regular VXR8, for a lot less than the extra £20k or so that the Bathurst costs.

So, get the VXR8 and then in a couple of years, when you get used to the performance....*BAM!*....Superch arger!

Not that I'm trying to encourage you or anything...:nah:

ReputationRep:
    how about the seat leon cupra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Thing is, you can bung that Walkinshaw Supercharger on to the regular VXR8, for a lot less than the extra £20k or so that the Bathurst costs.

So, get the VXR8 and then in a couple of years, when you get used to the performance....*BAM!*....Superch arger!

Not that I'm trying to encourage you or anything...:nah:

you're a bad person. :laugh:

The whole 'I'll test drive it and will want one come hell or high water' thing. yeah. that's TOTALLY happened! :laugh:

it took a lot of talking and a letter confirming that I will be purchasing from work, but I got out in one today after going over some figures for 45 minutes

Inside, the interior felt much like a vauxhall, but that meant two things. Firstly it was as easy to drive and solid as one, and secondly, it meant it was a nice place to be. drop the loud pedal though and it just pulled and pulled, and in the right gear it picked up at the drop of a hat. was all game for taking it easy, the salesman refused and told me to play with it a bit more :laugh: It felt like it had a similar torque curve to the current car, with slightly more torque in general, so more snap your head back brutality. I'm off work for a while so won't find out if I can definately make it happen until nearer the end of the month - nothing's coming as close to being 'the one' at the moment though, I'm totally in love

LOTS of sales pressure was shooting about though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    you're a bad person. :laugh:

The whole 'I'll test drive it and will want one come hell or high water' thing. yeah. that's TOTALLY happened! :laugh:

Inside, the interior felt much like a vauxhall, but that meant two things. Firstly it was as easy to drive and solid as one, and secondly, it meant it was a nice place to be. drop the loud pedal though and it just pulled and pulled, and in the right gear it picked up at the drop of a hat. was all game for taking it easy, the salesman refused and told me to play with it a bit more :laugh: It felt like it had a similar torque curve to the current car, with slightly more torque in general, so more snap your head back brutality. I'm off work for a while so won't find out if I can definitely make it happen until nearer the end of the month - nothing's coming as close to being 'the one' at the moment though, I'm totally in love
    Knew it!

So.....what colour you gonna get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Knew it!

So.....what colour you gonna get?
    :laugh: if it all works out, black

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    Excelent!
    If / when you wreck it... please let me know as I need a Chevy LSX engine for the BGT, eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Excelent!
    If / when you wreck it... please let me know as I need a Chevy LSX engine for the BGT, eventually.
    :laugh: bloody vultures!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    if you go for the VXR8, damn good choice, now i have 2 words of wisdom

OPEN PIPES!!!

So you can have a deafening V8 bellow, small children will cry, people will stop and stare and greenpeace will cower in terror and all will be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djchocice)
    if you go for the VXR8, damn good choice, now i have 2 words of wisdom

OPEN PIPES!!!

So you can have a deafening V8 bellow, small children will cry, people will stop and stare and greenpeace will cower in terror and all will be good

Err... just no.
    Trust me. I've run round in a V8 on as good as open headers for a long time and it starts to piss you off after the first 5 miles...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Err... just no.
    Trust me. I've run round in a V8 on as good as open headers for a long time and it starts to piss you off after the first 5 miles...
    Yeah, I can imagine the novelty wears off on a long journey. But if you get that VXR8 with the trick exhaust system, you can have the best of both worlds. Noisy when you're going for a blast and quiet on the motorway. All at the flick of a switch. Very clever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Yeah, I can imagine the novelty wears off on a long journey. But if you get that VXR8 with the trick exhaust system, you can have the best of both worlds. Noisy when you're going for a blast and quiet on the motorway. All at the flick of a switch. Very clever!
    It really starts to get on your tits.
    Infact, because the exhausts on my car were so short, at certain revs there was a resonance that went through the whole car. Fortunately, it wasn't at a 'normal' cruising speed, although you obviously had to pass through it at some points.

Open headers should be reserved for track days only.

I once had to leave home at 4am to go to a race meeting... the neighbours loved that. She wasn't a willing starter and didn't really like to move untill warmed through a bit.
    My usual startup procedure was to start her up with no choke and catch her on the pedal. Normally took a couple of attempts... then just hold her on the pedal for 2 minutes.
    Cue much twitching of windows...
    Fortuitously, they wern't my neighbours, though.
    I had anticipated the "dawn row" and parked half way up the road the night before.

ReputationRep:
    R32's are seriously immense get a MK4 one

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.