Turn on thread page Beta

Our parents don't let us sleep in the same room together watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay , thanks, yeah a few people have lost their virginity underage after a few months that i know of.

ReputationRep:
    You're 16, which is pretty young, but if I were you I'd just ignore your parents. The first few times, they'll make a fuss but sooner or later will probably start to accept it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica.thomas)
    Okay , thanks, yeah a few people have lost their virginity underage after a few months that i know of.
    I thought so. Underage sex isn't so unusual. Sadly it is rather common nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's all about respect and partly how long you've been together.

When you're 16, 7 months can seem like a long time, but relative to other things, it's not that long. I've been with my current girlfriend almost three years, and I wouldn't dream of asking/expecting my parents/her parents to allow us to sleep in the same bed. It's just out of respect!

Plus, it can be a bit awkward for the parents. As so many others have said, it's their house, respect their rules. They also probably think you're just likely to have sex (which, I have to admit, you probably are) which they could be heavily opposed to, even if you are of (minimum) age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veronica111)
    I've been with my boyfriend for about 7 and a bit months, we're both 16, but neither of our parents let us sleep in the same bed together. It's really bugging me, is it wrong for us to sleep in the same bed together? I mean it doesn't seem it, 4 of my best friends all have boyfriends and they've been sleeping in the same bed/room together for agess!!! It's so irritating, so do you think my parents should let me? If you do, how do you think I could convince my parents, lol

And, when my 18 year old brother was my age, he always had his girlfriend stay over, my parents even let her come on holiday with us and stay in the same room as my brother, so why am I treated any differently? :mad:

Hey,

Im 16 and my bf is 18, i moved in with him due to an argument. My parents know we sleep in the same bed but we are going on holiday soon just me and him and i asked my cousin if we could stay with her and my mum said we can but my bf has to sleep downstairs on a lilo while i stay in the bed. Its making me really upset because i wouldnt disrespect my cousin by having sex in her house. I need convince my parents to let us stay in the same bed...

Camy x

ReputationRep:
    your 16........

ReputationRep:
    I stayed in a house with a catholic family and they saw it as taboo for their 21 year old son to share a room with his girlfriend. I can understand your annoyance if he isn't allowed to be in your bedroom with you...but at 16 he really shouldnt be staying over, and if he is he should be in another room

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CamCam0307)
    I asked my cousin if we could stay with her and my mum said we can but my bf has to sleep downstairs on a lilo
    Wtf does it have to do with your mum!? Surely it's your cousin's decision and, as you've already moved out of home, she shouldn't feel the need to refer this to your mum

Furthermore, if people are sexually active anyway then it's of little consequence what you allow really.. 'where there's a will, there's a way'. As long as people are reasonably respectful who cares!?

ReputationRep:
    You are only sixteen, I know it feels unfair (and pointless, it's not like you can't have sex elsewhere) but you do live in their house and it's really not that uncommon a rule. I was with my first boyfriend for nearly three years before we were allowed to share a bed at my house, although we regularly shared one at his. Now I'm nearly twenty and although I live at home half the year, my parents don't really care anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CamCam0307)
    Hey,

Im 16 and my bf is 18, i moved in with him due to an argument. My parents know we sleep in the same bed but we are going on holiday soon just me and him and i asked my cousin if we could stay with her and my mum said we can but my bf has to sleep downstairs on a lilo while i stay in the bed. Its making me really upset because i wouldnt disrespect my cousin by having sex in her house. I need convince my parents to let us stay in the same bed...

Camy x
    I assume you're living with your boyfriend's family, who don't mind you sharing a bed, or your boyfriend is an independent. However, obviously your Mum DOES mind, which is why she has interfered when it comes to her family and what she can input into. Perhaps your Mum thinks that your cousin wouldn't be comfortable with you two bed sharing?

It's only a holiday, is it really the end of the world if you can't sleep in the same bed? If you want to be treated like grown-ups, then why not start acting like it by forking out for your own accommodation (this goes for permanent housing arrangements as well as holidays) instead of lumbering yourself on other people in your family for a free ride?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mark147celts)
    your 16........

(Original post by apolocreed)
    I stayed in a house with a catholic family and they saw it as taboo for their 21 year old son to share a room with his girlfriend. I can understand your annoyance if he isn't allowed to be in your bedroom with you...but at 16 he really shouldnt be staying over, and if he is he should be in another room

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

(Original post by riotgrrl)
    You are only sixteen, I know it feels unfair (and pointless, it's not like you can't have sex elsewhere) but you do live in their house and it's really not that uncommon a rule. I was with my first boyfriend for nearly three years before we were allowed to share a bed at my house, although we regularly shared one at his. Now I'm nearly twenty and although I live at home half the year, my parents don't really care anymore.
    This is a super old thread, the girl's probably 19 by now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondsky99)
    I think they were replying to that CamCam girl actually she only posted 2 hours ago.. probably not 19 yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondsky99)
    I didn't even notice, I just assumed it was recent because it had been recently posted in.

ReputationRep:
    what a crazzzzzzzzzy world we live in!

(Original post by doodle7)
    Very true! Parents are always alot stricter when it comes to their daughters because of this fact...

I agree its silly though. At that age I was in a similar situation - my parents never let my bf stay over and I always thought it was really unfair and silly. In my opinion, the fact that your parents won't let you share a bed doesn't mean your not going to have sex! If you want to do it your going to do it...!

I think its more of a control thing...if your parents let you stay over eachothers houses then they are basically giving you permission to have sex and saying that they agree to it...but if they stop you then they think they have some control over whether you are having it or not...

Not necessarily- my parents are completely happy to let my bf of 3 years stay in my room and have since we have been together for like 3/4 months whereas his parents completely forbid us staying in the same room so, I dunno it's not just a pregnancy thing :P

ReputationRep:
    Why do 16 year olds act like they can do whatever they want these days? Your 16, and it is not weird for him not to be sleeping in your room infact it is completely normal. My boyfriend of 2 years only started sleeping in my room up until about 2 months ago, aside from that he slept in the spare bedroom which I didn't mind,your parents are just being sensible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    Your brother couldn't fall pregnant.
    He can still ge some one pregnant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    I didn't even notice, I just assumed it was recent because it had been recently posted in.
    It was. 1 day ago

I'm a 20 year old girl, been with bf for two years. Still not allowed to stay over in my room. Not even allowed to go near my room tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serpent Snake)
    Correct.

I bet you she is one of them ****s who just want any guy in her bed, slapped up make up, been with lots of guys, ugly, fat, reject, or a combination of some of them! :centipe:
    :giggle:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.