Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Our parents don't let us sleep in the same room together Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polly1101)
    oo get you, 5 times eh? its quality not quantity, and you're obviously not giving quality if you cant make a girl be noisy :woo:
    Lol. There is plenty of noise in the room, but since my bedroom doubles as a recording studio, it is more heavily sound-proofed than any other room. So there is no noise outside the room, and as far as anybody else who lives in my house is concerned, the sex is rather discrete indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    Go through this thread, and tot up how many people have agreed with OP that Mumsy and Daddy are being unfair by not letting her sleep in the same bed as her boyfriend, and then also count how many people have agreed that the parents are being perfectly fair because they've had the same rules from their parents so the OP should just put up and shut up until she's gained their trust or until the parents see fit.

I think I'll make my point that way. I'm utterly bored of you now. And I can't believe your neg rep taking this as a "serious debate". Its H&R ffs. We're arguing over a 16 year old's sleeping arrangements. I said this ages ago, but I'm gonna go get back to my life now. Maybe you should try and find one of your own too. And also, if your gf doesn't make noise when you have sex, then I think you need to take a look at your own issues and stop arguing so much with me on a forum. I suggest www.lovehoney.co.uk cos clearly you ain't doing something right hahahaha.

great minds think alike, if only he exercised his typing hands elsewhere.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    Lol. There is plenty of noise in the room, but since my bedroom doubles as a recording studio, it is more heavily sound-proofed than any other room. So there is no noise outside the room, and as far as anybody else who lives in my house is concerned, the sex is rather discrete indeed.
    Lol yeah ok sureeeee it does. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    If I have evidence, and the other person doesn't, then yes, I will go out of my way to dispute their nonsense.

It isn't a law case, but as with anything, it involves either rational statements or irrational statements, and I simply refuse to have the OP bombarded by idiots making a mockery of her situation using irrational arguments.

First of all, I, personally, haven't been 18 for quite some time now, and I never had sex until I was 18 through my own personal choice. So, this argument doesn't apply to me personally. You said 'you', so just letting you know that I'm not 16 or whatever.

Secondly, a 'guardian' does not mean 'somebody who is in control of your genitals'. It means somebody who provides financial and other support for you. When it comes to decision-making and responsibility, you are on your own from the age of 16. That's the age you can have sex, that's the age you can start your career, that's the age you can leave school, that's the age you can be legally prosecuted as an individual. So the parent, after 16, has absolutely no jurisdiction over what you choose to do with your genitals. K?

Yes, they can. But whether or not their rules are justified is a different matter altogether. I don't think that they are justified in this particular case.

Who are all the idiots on this thread who think that I think that parents can't make rules.

OF COURSE THEY CAN. I'm not denying that, you fool. All I'm saying is, they are NOT. ALWAYS. JUSTIFIED.

Well I'm glad you'd rather eat your own **** than have me spit in your face. Saves me a lot of effort.
    mmmmmmm, give me my own **** anyday, tasty!!

you take yourself too seriously, have a giggle, go on, say something funny

ReputationRep:
    Go through this thread, and tot up how many people have agreed with OP that Mumsy and Daddy are being unfair by not letting her sleep in the same bed as her boyfriend, and then also count how many people have agreed that the parents are being perfectly fair because they've had the same rules from their parents so the OP should just put up and shut up until she's gained their trust or until the parents see fit.
    If you conducted the same exercise about 4000 years ago, you would have fewer than 1% disagreeing that the world was flat, and if you go back not more than a decade ago, you'll find that a majority of people in this country thought that Labour would make a good government.

Guess what. They were wrong.

Correctness does not come in numbers, and it's high time you learned that, lest the rest of your life by led as it would be led by a sheep.

I think I'll make my point that way. I'm utterly bored of you now. And I can't believe your neg rep taking this as a "serious debate". Its H&R ffs. We're arguing over a 16 year old's sleeping arrangements. I said this ages ago, but I'm gonna go get back to my life now. Maybe you should try and find one of your own too. And also, if your gf doesn't make noise when you have sex, then I think you need to take a look at your own issues and stop arguing so much with me on a forum. I suggest www.lovehoney.co.uk cos clearly you ain't doing something right hahahaha.
    I will accept this final paragraph as your resignation from the debate, and from your departing from discourse into the ad hominem. You have truly been the most despicable person to have had a conversation with in quite some time.

ReputationRep:
    If you conducted the same exercise about 4000 years ago, you would have fewer than 1% disagreeing that the world was flat, and if you go back not more than a decade ago, you'll find that a majority of people in this country thought that Labour would make a good government.

Guess what. They were wrong.

Correctness does not come in numbers, and it's high time you learned that, lest the rest of your life by led as it would be led by a sheep.

I will accept this final paragraph as your resignation from the debate, and from your departing from discourse into the ad hominem. You have truly been the most despicable person to have had a conversation with in quite some time.
    YAY I win
    Also, do you think using phrases like ad hominem on me makes you look cool? You're talking to a 3rd year Philosophy student here so I'm not exactly sat scratching my head over your big words. Hence I don't care if you think my arguments are rubbish. You're just a kiddy on the internet dude.

ReputationRep:
    and why tell someone to get statistical proof for what they're saying if numbers dont matter?

ReputationRep:
    Is this guy for real? isn't it obvious why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polly1101)
    and why tell someone to get statistical proof for what they're saying if numbers dont matter?
    They matter if you make a statement and don't back it up. I didn't, you did.

ReputationRep:
    YAY I win
    Also, do you think using phrases like ad hominem on me makes you look cool? You're talking to a 3rd year Philosophy student here so I'm not exactly sat scratching my head over your big words. Hence I don't care if you think my arguments are rubbish. You're just a kiddy on the internet dude.
    It would be rather pointless using these phrases if you didn't understand them, wouldn't it?

It's not exactly a 'big word' by any stretch of the imagination.

I severely hope you've never been given a decent grade in any 'Logic' module, because that would suggest to me that the education system in philosophy has gone down a bad path.

P.S. You're talking to a 3rd year Rocket Science student here. No, really. You are.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl9u-h_btBo

so has rocket science by the looks of it HARR HARRRRRRR

ReputationRep:
    It would be rather pointless using these phrases if you didn't understand them, wouldn't it?

It's not exactly a 'big word' by any stretch of the imagination.

I severely hope you've never been given a decent grade in any 'Logic' module, because that would suggest to me that the education system in philosophy has gone down a bad path.

P.S. You're talking to a 3rd year Rocket Science student here. No, really. You are.
    Errr yeah I did a whole module in first year on logic, evidence, argument and truth tables. 100% exam. I got a 1st. So I don't give 2p what you think. Its not really relevant here anyway. Its just a difference of opinion. My arguments have been poor cos I have better things to do than crack out all my fancy pants philosophy words on you and take this really seriously. I don't care about whether the OP's parents are justified in your opinion or not. I'm saying I think its fair enough because its not unheard of, and parents can enforce rules as they see fit. Blah blah blah.

Stop now please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Is this guy for real? isn't it obvious why?
    God knows. I facepalmed a long long time ago. Don't know why this "debate" is still going on to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Errr yeah I did a whole module in first year on logic, evidence, argument and truth tables. 100% exam. I got a 1st. So I don't give 2p what you think. Its not really relevant here anyway. Its just a difference of opinion. My arguments have been poor cos I have better things to do than crack out all my fancy pants philosophy words on you and take this really seriously. I don't care about whether the OP's parents are justified in your opinion or not. I'm saying I think its fair enough because its not unheard of, and parents can enforce rules as they see fit. Blah blah blah.

Stop now please.
    I agree whole-heartedly with the bolded section of text.

Anyway, since you departed from logic a longggggg time ago in this debate, I see it fit to leave this thread and never return, having refuted you at every turn.

Goodnight.

ReputationRep:
    STFU

thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I agree whole-heartedly with the bolded section of text.

Anyway, since you departed from logic a longggggg time ago in this debate, I see it fit to leave this thread and never return, having refuted you at every turn.

Goodnight.
    i like how you reply to the comments where you feel you can use informative superiority, however you can't come back with one witty, or slightly humorous comment to another.
    i know which i'd rather have :yes:

ReputationRep:
    YAY I win
    OooOOooOOOooooOOOOOOO ;o

ReputationRep:
    Because it's easier to deal with your son routing some gal rather than your daughter being routed.

ReputationRep:
    So just for arguments sake, what would you say to a 22 year old guy/girl whose parents wont let them sleep in the same bed together (and neither can afford to move out), do you think by then they should have allowed them some leeway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veronica111)
    I've been with my boyfriend for about 7 and a bit months, we're both 16, but neither of our parents let us sleep in the same bed together. It's really bugging me, is it wrong for us to sleep in the same bed together? I mean it doesn't seem it, 4 of my best friends all have boyfriends and they've been sleeping in the same bed/room together for agess!!! It's so irritating, so do you think my parents should let me? If you do, how do you think I could convince my parents, lol

And, when my 18 year old brother was my age, he always had his girlfriend stay over, my parents even let her come on holiday with us and stay in the same room as my brother, so why am I treated any differently? :mad:
    LOL - you think you've got it bad OP? I'm 18, been with my bf for 3 yrs, he's in the forces so seeing each other isn't frequent to say the least. My parents, STILL won't let us sleep in the same bed together. But my mum suggests we go to a hotel for a bit of 'alone' time, now that is f***** up.

But meh, if my mum prefers me to sneak about the house at night to sleep (And I mean the snoring kind of sleep lol) with my bf, then so be it :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.