Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's actually a blueyonder email address, but the company is now Virgin Media:
    I use Windows Mail to send and receive emails. On Wednesday, I got logged out for no reason and typed in the correct username and password, but it won't let me log in. I tried again and it still wouldn't let me log in.

On Thursday, my dad phoned up Virgin and explained the situation. I changed my password on the account settings and then over the phone. I got told it should be ok yesterday, but it still won't let me log in.

I know my username and password are correct, because I copied and pasted them from the account settings.

Any ideas?:confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Don't copy and paste.... sometimes you can copy an extra space, so just type it.

Have you tried logging in through the site?

ReputationRep:
    Can you log in here?:
    http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/emailgateway.php

If so try resetting up the account as if it was a brand new one in Windows Mail (Not used this I presume it is like a stripped down outlook?)

Also maybe something here will be of help
    http://www.virginmedia.com/help/compatible/index.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessmarisa)
    Can you log in here?:
    http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/emailgateway.php
    Yes I can. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    Yes I can. Thanks
    Coolies :cool:

copied and pasted this guide for setting up windows mail to work for you as well, I'd say delete the account you already have set up first incase it interferes.

Kinda long Guide below:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Setting up Windows Mail

Follow the steps below to re-create your blueyonder or ntlworld email accounts in Windows Mail.

1. Launch Window Mail via Start – Windows Mail – if you have not created a Windows Mail account previously the wizard will launch. Alternatively open Windows Mail and select 'Tools'– 'Accounts' The "Internet accounts" window will appear.

2. Click the 'Add' button in the upper right corner of the window. The 'Add Account' window appears. Select "E-mail Account", and click "Next".

3. Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the "From" field of the e-mail messages you send. Click "Next".

4. Enter your blueyonder or ntlworld email address, and click "Next".

5. In the 'Incoming mail server' field, enter pop3.blueyonder.co.uk if you are an ex Telewest customer or pop.ntlworld.com if you are an ex ntl customer. In the 'Outgoing e-mail server field' enter smtp.blueyonder.co.uk or smtp.ntlworld.com, tick 'Outgoing server requires authentication' if you are an ex Telewest customer. Then click "Next".

6. In the "Email username" field, enter your mailbox username – this will not currently include @blueyonder.co.uk or @ntlworld.com, e.g. if your email address was [email protected] then you would enter richard.branson as your "email username". Check "Remember password" if you don’t want to be prompted to enter your password each time you check for new mail. Click "Next".

7. On the final screen click "Finish"

ReputationRep:
    My dad was told to do this by someone who works for VM on Thursday, but it didn't work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    My dad was told to do this by someone who works for VM on Thursday, but it didn't work.
    What errors are you getting?

Did you restart after removing the old account,before adding it again, just to make sure it is totally wiped?

Also check you haven't installed any new security software, firewalls or anything that may be stopping windows mail from connecting.

ReputationRep:
    Login problem may due to below mentioned reasons:

It may be password problem.
    It may be email problem,
    It may be due to account suspension,
    Your account may be in safe mode.
    If you forget password then it may be due to wrong entry of either username and password, or both. Please re-enter the correct combination of two. If still the problem persists then you have to reset your username and password.

If the login has been changed since the first time you signed-up, then the latest login is the one that should be used to sign in to your Virgin Media Mail account.

If you have any doubt on the issue you can visit Virgin Media customer service here.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.