Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which songs has the radio made you go from lovi9ng to hating sumply through overplay? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Where i work it appears to be semi compulsory on behalf of my manager to listen tot he local radio station all day which, in my ecperience, is very similar to every other local station i've heard. they basically play all the ****** ''pop'' music that amazingly makes it into the carts these days....so somebodies buying it lol and they have their not so new faves. the one rule of local radio is, though im my expereince, that you never play a tune just the once, twice or three times a day.....you do it to ******* death

it is so bad that songs i actually once loved i now cant ******* stand.

jason mraz-i'm yours. doing some googling it appears that this is viewed as one of the most ovcerplayed tracks ever. all the stations are at it apparently. i used to love this song so much but now, after hearing it over and over, i actually HATE it.
    halo-beyoncé :coma: . cant beleived i ever actually liked this tbh. still love the video
    jls...just horrible

the radio is ****

ReputationRep:
    still lovin the girls aloud stuff though

ReputationRep:
    Lady GaGa's first one. I went from hating to loving to hating to becoming deaf to it. It's just white noise now.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the JLS song was fairly decent till they completely overplayed it and now cannot stand it. Oh and I remember briefly liking 'Pokerface' (shock horror!) but now, argh!.

ReputationRep:
    rockstar - nickelback

ReputationRep:
    yep lady gaga has lost a few fans imo because of the overplaying of her once good songs. i dont think it matters how good a song is....if you play it enough times people just become numb to it

ReputationRep:
    Oh god aye Rockstar. Argh I hate that song. If I hear it on the radio now I have to change the channel and punch something. Repeatedly. And Pokerface, pretty much all GaGa stuff. But I doubt she cares, she's making a bomb off royalties.

ReputationRep:
    Little boots - remedy
    I loved that song when I first heard it
    also,
    Dizzee Rascal - holiday

I hate having freeview and two crappy music channels

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.