Turn on thread page Beta

I want new friends! watch

ReputationRep:
    well its difficult when youre at school and got nothing else to do
    join clubs? volunteer for something in your town... do-it.org.uk is a volunteer site... you could meet people that way.
    apart from that, i dont really know good ways , until you get to uni... thats when life takes off really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veronica111)
    lol, well tbh it's 4 compulsory best friends, and one true best friend... I wouldnt really mind that much if I didn't see them that much ever again,

i'm in the same boat as you. I want new friends too! So i have taken up a couple of new hobbies and am hoping to meet people through them on these big summer holidays (after gcses) I havnt seen many of my 'best' friends much at all, i have just seen mates who i am not that friendly with, but get on well with.

compulsary friends are a great way of naming them. If I started life afresh from this point onwards (such as if I had recently moved to this area) I doubt I would be good friends with them, but past 'history' means we are 'best mates'.

I wish I could shed my current skin and start new. Im trying now, but its hard to meet new people ("go out then, clubbing", well with who?)

ReputationRep:
    I've got this exact problem - pinning all my hopes on sixth form next year and meeting new, good friends that way
    Good point though, about not caring if you'll see your friends again. I have that feeling

ReputationRep:
    If this is the way you treat and consider people that (I assume) have stuck by you for 8 years - you don't deserve them as friends anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The grass is not always greener on the other side you know...

Imagine having crappy friends and being bullied for a start.

Grow up! Stop moaning please, that's hardly a problem...

ReputationRep:
    lol, why thankyou
    Psst... I think he's being sacastic

ReputationRep:
    lol, well tbh it's 4 compulsory best friends, and one true best friend. if you know what i mean, like the other 4 are what I have to call my 'best friends' but tbh I wouldnt really mind that much if I didn't see them that much ever again,
    If you don't really care much for these friends, then why in your other thread do you care so much that these girls get to sleep in the same room as their boyfriends and you don't? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I have a group of like 5 best friends, they're all fine and everything but none of them are exciting like I want them to be.

I want people who want to go out all the time, and try new things and go to new places.

I just want new friends tbh, it might sound weird but I've been in the same group of friends for like 8 years now, and I want change, but I don't know how to go about 'getting new friends' because its obviously not as easy as that.
    ii'llllllllllllllllllllllll beeeee youuuurrr fweeeeennndd

ReputationRep:
    Keep the friends you have now. I went to a sixth form with high hopes that I'll make lots of new friends, and it took two years before I felt I have proper friends, but now they have been taken away because we are all going our separate ways in university in September. So I'm essentially back to square one.

To conclude: Appreciate the closeness of your other friends, don't distance yourself from them otherwise you may end up with no friends at all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.