Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Another thread reminded me of this conversation I once had with my mates.

Basically: Do you think you can have too much sex in a relationship, therefore making the act of sex less special?

This came about because about 1.5 years ago my two best mates got together, and had sex very soon after. Since then they have sex every day. They tend to show no respect towards others as long as they can do it, also.
    Such as; one time we were all sleeping at a mates house and despite what the mate saying no to them having sex, they did it anyway we were all sleeping (and all in the room). They even tried to do it at another mates family party, but were flat out refused and checked on every 5 minutes. This made me feel that sex means nothing to them anymore; it's just something you they do in the day, similar to eating. Then again, they also started saying "I love you" within a week of dating to 'get over the awkwardness', and say it about 20+ times a day, therefore making that obsolete too.

I'm not religious, or have morals when it comes to premarital sex, but I feel that sex with a partner should be quite special and not done every day, but maybe every couple weeks.

Any body feel the same?
    Couldn't disagree more. I've been in the same situation as the couple you described and it didn't devalue the relationship or the act itself.

Why would you have a problem? checking on the every 5 minutes?! leave them alone!

I think the problem lies with your attitude towards sex, not theirs. Most couples (young ones that is) will have sex a few times a week if they have time. Some more, some less. I can't imagine why anyone would make themselves wait several weeks for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    No it's not the same thing. They have no concept of right or wrong, so they have no concept of shame and embarrassment. It's an entirely human concept. a_t is right.
    Erm, what?

The problem with the strain of argument being followed here's that you're all talking out of your arses- we simply don't know.

We can infer that animals are self-aware and intelligent to a certain degree from their outward appearance and actions, but past that, assigning morality (or, in this case, a lack thereof) to their actions is groundless.

Any distinction between humans and animals on the basis of conscience tends to veer rather heavily into claptrap territory.

ReputationRep:
    Once every few weeks? Bleurgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AirRaven)
    Erm, what?

The problem with the strain of argument being followed here's that you're all talking out of your arses- we simply don't know.

We can infer that animals are self-aware and intelligent to a certain degree from their outward appearance and actions, but past that, assigning morality (or, in this case, a lack thereof) to their actions is groundless.

Any distinction between humans and animals on the basis of conscience tends to veer rather heavily into claptrap territory.
    Pretty much, this. Also, this whole debate is incredibly off-topic!
    The couple are just as human as any of us, they are fully empathetic, they just don't mind how they make others feel when they have sex around other people. They probably enjoy the feeling of 'being naughty'.

if anyone is interested, there is evidence to suggest that great apes have self-awareness ie-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-pc_M2qI74
    Dolphins are highly intelligent, demonstrate empathy, sympathy and teamwork, and also have sex for pleasure :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    No it's not the same thing. They have no concept of right or wrong, so they have no concept of shame and embarrassment. It's an entirely human concept. a_t is right.
    yeees that is what i am saying. when his friends wanted to have sex in a room full of friends, it was as if they had no concept of shame. therefore: like animals. And not in the complimentary way. Maybe you dont want to understand what i am saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph1991)
    lol definite troll.
    :curious: Because I'm not obsessed with sex I'm a troll? Cool logic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    This is ridiculous, I assume you're a virgin

Even once or twice a week? lolwut? Seriously every time I see my gf we go for it at least 3 times whats wrong with it, it keeps getting better and better the more we know what each other likes tbh
    You assume wrong. Also I never said there was anything wrong with it, I was merely asking an opinion, use your ******* eyes smart arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH777)
    Couldn't disagree more. I've been in the same situation as the couple you described and it didn't devalue the relationship or the act itself.

Why would you have a problem? checking on the every 5 minutes?! leave them alone!

I think the problem lies with your attitude towards sex, not theirs. Most couples (young ones that is) will have sex a few times a week if they have time. Some more, some less. I can't imagine why anyone would make themselves wait several weeks for no reason.
    I wasn't checking on them, it was my mates party - therefore she was checking on them because they kept sneaking off.

The reason I asked the question was also because I wanted to see peoples opinion on whether couples valued sex as much as they did, say, 10 years ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    I don't think so. That's like saying eating chocolate everyday makes it less special. Chocolate is special all the time.
    lol funny you should say that actually but, I've gone off chocolate. I was eating it every day until I just got sick of it, now I haven't had a chocolate bar in like... 9-12 months

ReputationRep:
    Value sex by not actively not doing it? Cool logic bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deanna19)
    It sounds like your friends don't have respect for anyone else either not just them selves if they are willing to **** in the same room as everyone else. Stuff like that just seems like doing it for the thrill, and if thats your piece of cake fine but I don't want any of it thats gross.

As for saying it should be twice a week max or its not romantic I think thats BS tbh with you. It's all to do with the individual. I love sex with my boyfriend and its pretty regular too, I feel like it gets better every time because the more you do it the more the person your with can learn what you like and don't like.
    I didn't say that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Value sex by not actively not doing it? Cool logic bro.
    Not really what I am saying. I was asking the opinions of everyone as to whether they feel that sex gets less special the more they do it (i.e. too much of a good thing). I'm sure everyone remembers their first time with their current gf/bf and I was wondering whether they feel that having sex everyday would still give them the same feeling as their first? (without the awkwardness/**** techniques)

ReputationRep:
    You're changing your argument, this is a **** thread, I suggest you stop making a fool out of yourself and stop replying.

ReputationRep:
    You're changing your argument, this is a **** thread, I suggest you stop making a fool out of yourself and stop replying.

Do you think you can have too much sex in a relationship, therefore making the act of sex less special?

Or maybe you answer the question and stop spamming? It was a question, not a statement - I'm not telling people they have to do it or else it won't be special. I asked a question, then gave my opinion on it.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't stop you being an idiot :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    dont think there is any such thing as too much sex. and i dont think it becomes any less special the more u do it - as long as you dont just turn into sex friends

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't stop you being an idiot :pierre:
    At least I'm an idiot who stays on topic :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    maybe i'm weird...but i find sex with my gf, who is very attractive and good in bed, really knocks me out. i didnt have this problem with my ex, who i noted was nowhere near as good at what she did!, but if i have sex with my gf in the morning ii have to sleep it off during the day soemtimes and at the very least it slows my brain down all day. i'm out like a light with her.....it is ******* good though. too good in fact, literally...as i cant do it with her more than once a day and when i went a week without seeing her this month for the first 4 days i was actually quite greatful of a break!

so yes u can have too much sex. imo anyone who thinks you cant has never had out of this world, mental knock you straight out lovin. they probably just some 17 year old who manage to pout his **** into some 16 year old drunk **** and came instantaneously and cant wait for his next encounter.....

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't like the idea of having sex as some sort of planned obligation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    I wouldn't like the idea of having sex as some sort of planned obligation
    i think that's why i sometimes like a break from gf lol. she's ******* mental...liek some kind of sexual monster and she knows how to really knock a lad out....but because she's so horny even after a really long day when i want to hit the sack the sec i get home i am always apprehensive about having to explain toi her ''i'm too tired''

the paradox seems to be...in my ecperience...that the better the sex is the more it knocks you out. also, the more up for it the girl is gthe more hassle you get when you are physically not interested.

the moral.....having a horny, wesome gf does have a downside...lonloy sometimes tho! i can live with it but even so, answer tot he thread is YES but it's hardly a massive issue

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.