Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    I wasn't checking on them, it was my mates party - therefore she was checking on them because they kept sneaking off.

The reason I asked the question was also because I wanted to see peoples opinion on whether couples valued sex as much as they did, say, 10 years ago?
    I think in the past less importance was put on it, I get the impression that people viewed it more as a mechanism for making babies than a way of expressing love for your partner.

ReputationRep:
    Provided its in private I see no problem with shagging until you can shag no more.

Its good fun, good for the old fitness, and I see no reason to restrict it to twice a week. In-fact twice a day would be too restrictive really.

ReputationRep:
    I do agree with you, sometimes it can be done just as a daily routine, no longer being special at all!

ReputationRep:
    When I say 'couple weeks' I mean for people who are in a long term relationship. Obviously in the first few month it is normal to have sex pretty often, but still only twice a week max I think.
    Well, to be honest, it's not up to you to decide how often people should have sex. It might suit you, but everyone is different. There's not a definitive number of times a week that, when reached, couples go "no we can't have any more sex without it becoming meaningless".
    Couples have sex when they feel like it. What's the point of putting it off for two weeks if you both want it now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Well, to be honest, it's not up to you to decide how often people should have sex. It might suit you, but everyone is different. There's not a definitive number of times a week that, when reached, couples go "no we can't have any more sex without it becoming meaningless".
    Couples have sex when they feel like it. What's the point of putting it off for two weeks if you both want it now?
    Notice the "I think" at the end of the sentence? No? Ok, I'll sit here and let you read it again.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can have too much sex. You can however have too much repetitive boring sex.

(Original post by thethinker)
    I've heard that if you do it to often your sex becomes on fire.
    http://melodyplant.com/wp-content/up...lowill-foo.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say that.

not word for word but if you piece together all of your posts in this thread you pretty much do.

ReputationRep:
    Notice the "I think" at the end of the sentence? No? Ok, I'll sit here and let you read it again.
    shush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deanna19)
    not word for word but if you piece together all of your posts in this thread you pretty much do.
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    Nope
    Actually the impression I got from the thread would concur with 'Deanna's' view.

Though sex is potentially more good fun than an expression of love in many cases, which I think is what you are getting at, more so than 'people shouldn't have sex more than twice a week just incase they start enjoying it'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpineol)
    Actually the impression I got from the thread would concur with 'Deanna's' view.

Though sex is potentially more good fun than an expression of love in many cases, which I think is what you are getting at, more so than 'people shouldn't have sex more than twice a week just incase they start enjoying it'.
    Which I didn't say either

ReputationRep:
    Which I didn't say either
    Not in those terms, though it could very easily be taken as the underlying sentiment of the first post.

At the end of the day though, for most people I know sex is simply good fun. Its more entertaining than a morning jog, yet fulfills all the same purposes but without necessarily having to get out of bed.

Shagging as an expression of love does happen, though I fail to see how it should be the only purpose of sex. Were sex not good fun nobody would ever reproduce.

ReputationRep:

Thank you!

I knew I wasn't making up stories.

ReputationRep:
    Not in those terms, though it could very easily be taken as the underlying sentiment of the first post.

At the end of the day though, for most people I know sex is simply good fun. Its more entertaining than a morning jog, yet fulfills all the same purposes but without necessarily having to get out of bed.

Shagging as an expression of love does happen, though I fail to see how it should be the only purpose of sex. Were sex not good fun nobody would ever reproduce.
    I do see where you are coming from and I do partly agree, but I still feel that people seem to have lost their way as to what sex is. Whilst I don't think it should only be for reproduction or love, I do believe that it should be done within a sensible moderation. If you were to eat your favourite food breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday, no matter how good it was, you would soon enough get bored and stuck into a routine. Whereas if you have it once every few days you would inevitably appreciate it more, therefore see it as more special.

I'm not telling people what to do, I was just asking for their opinions on whether or not they agree with this sentiment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not religious, or have morals when it comes to premarital sex, but I feel that sex with a partner should be quite special and not done every day, but maybe every couple weeks.

Any body feel the same?
    Every couple weeks? are you kidding? you do realise that it is very healthy and improves life quality and satisfaction to have sex every few days at least.

No there isnt such a thing as too much sex, obviously your mates need to learn about the word appropriateness but no there isnt.

Regular sex benefits include:

1)Stress relief
    2)It boosts immunity
    3)It burns calories
    4)Improves cardiovascular health
    5)Boosts self esteem
    6)IMPROVES INTIMACY
    7)Reduces Pain
    8)Reduces risk of prostate cancer
    9)Strengthens Pelvic floor muscles
    10)Helps sleep

I can provide scientific evidence that all of the above are true.

ReputationRep:
    I do see where you are coming from and I do partly agree, but I still feel that people seem to have lost their way as to what sex is. Whilst I don't think it should only be for reproduction or love, I do believe that it should be done within a sensible moderation. If you were to eat your favourite food breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday, no matter how good it was, you would soon enough get bored and stuck into a routine. Whereas if you have it once every few days you would inevitably appreciate it more, therefore see it as more special.

I'm not telling people what to do, I was just asking for their opinions on whether or not they agree with this sentiment.
    Fair call, and I would agree its easy to get stuck into a routine. This is why its important to do it every which way, rather than sticking to the retrograde bicycle every night, morning, and lunch break...

ReputationRep:
    Another thread reminded me of this conversation I once had with my mates.

Basically: Do you think you can have too much sex in a relationship, therefore making the act of sex less special?

This came about because about 1.5 years ago my two best mates got together, and had sex very soon after. Since then they have sex every day. They tend to show no respect towards others as long as they can do it, also.
    Such as; one time we were all sleeping at a mates house and despite what the mate saying no to them having sex, they did it anyway we were all sleeping (and all in the room). They even tried to do it at another mates family party, but were flat out refused and checked on every 5 minutes. This made me feel that sex means nothing to them anymore; it's just something you they do in the day, similar to eating. Then again, they also started saying "I love you" within a week of dating to 'get over the awkwardness', and say it about 20+ times a day, therefore making that obsolete too.

I'm not religious, or have morals when it comes to premarital sex, but I feel that sex with a partner should be quite special and not done every day, but maybe every couple weeks.

Any body feel the same?
    You can't have too much sex but there are times when it not appropriate to have sex like when your sleeping in the room with a load of other people.

ReputationRep:
    I've made my point, but there are too many idiots in this forum who don't know how to read, therefore I'm closing this thread.

/closed.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.