Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm having to write this in a haste so i hope that i don't mess up the anon or get seen writing it.

Things between me and my mum are pretty flakey at the best of times but today she said she wanted to watch a program on TV, she told me plenty early which is fair enough, not long after i noticed that the West Brom vs Newcastle match was on BBC1. I'm not a huge supporter of each but i wanted to see the first match and knew the program finished 10mins after hers started and the match would probably be finished or just about to. She seemed fine with that until it got to a minute before her program came on when she demanded i changed channels, this was 2 mins before the end of full time and she wouldn't miss a great deal in that 2mins. I told her i'd change it as soon as the ref blew the whistle and she had a fit that i wouldn't change it instantly. I told her i wasn't going to change it as she wasn't going to miss much anyways. Upon hearing that she told me if i didn't she wouldn't help me with my first month's rent at uni (which she'd agreed to in about March this year.) Meaning i would probably have to give up on uni. I pleaded that it was only 1 minute now and she wasn't going to miss much but she screamed at me and came over and started punching me in the head. I gave up and threw the remote onto her chair and she told me she couldn't wait to get rid of me.

Now straight after she went off to be pleased wtih her acomplishment i found out on my bank's homepage that the overdraft on my account could and should already have been extended by £1500. I tried to do it straight away over the net but it was being funny with me.

Am i over-reacting to want to go to the bank on monday morning, have the overdraft increased and then agree with my landlord to move out straight away to get away from her?

Please help peoples.

ReputationRep:
    what the hell man, slight overreaction there!! She blackmailed you, went back on her word, PUNCHED you (wth??) and then told you she couldnt wait for you to move out. If I were you I'd go on MOnday, get a part time job and leave. I'm usually on the parents' side but that's too far, the hitting especially. It's not like you lied to her or did something really awful. You just changed the channel...It's really mean.

(Original post by Wild Thing)
    what the hell man, slight overreaction there!! She blackmailed you, went back on her word, PUNCHED you (wth??) and then told you she couldnt wait for you to move out. If I were you I'd go on MOnday, get a part time job and leave. I'm usually on the parents' side but that's too far, the hitting especially. It's not like you lied to her or did something really awful. You just changed the channel...It's really mean.
    Oh i didn't change the channel, i refused to...for 1 minute.

It gets worse though, now her program has finished she threw the remote at me, almost hitting me in the head. I told my fiancee about it and she told me to go to my room and be away from her but if i do that she'll carry out another threat of hers and throw everything of mine away, even if she knows i need it or want it at uni.

ReputationRep:
    WTF you seriously need to get away from the phsycho! go to the bank on Monday, get a par-time job and get away as soon as you can! good riddens to her ugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh i didn't change the channel, i refused to...for 1 minute.

It gets worse though, now her program has finished she threw the remote at me, almost hitting me in the head. I told my fiancee about it and she told me to go to my room and be away from her but if i do that she'll carry out another threat of hers and throw everything of mine away, even if she knows i need it or want it at uni.
    Your best bet at the moment is to keep her sweet, just be nice to her, do whatever she wants and stuff..just think 2/3 weeks until uni that's all...then you'll be free, have your own place and won't have to come home if you don't want to. Try to spend as much time away from the house as possible, cant your fiance keep your most valuable stuff at his until you move out??

(Original post by Wild Thing)
    Try to spend as much time away from the house as possible, cant your fiance keep your most valuable stuff at his until you move out??
    I have £5.15 in my bank account so going out isn't really an option.

My fiancee lives in wales so theres no way i can get to her or she to me to get the stuff

ReputationRep:
    Well if u said she can watch a programme and then say not yet its a bit unfair, it must have been something she really wanted to watch surely.

(Original post by just say hello)
    Well if u said she can watch a programme and then say not yet its a bit unfair, it must have been something she really wanted to watch surely.
    A one minute delay to a program, which i add still hadn't actually come on when the channel was changed. Did not deserve her punching me twice in the head in my opinion.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I know she over reacted, but surely the football match wouldn't have changed that much in the final minute, using the same logic about her program.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A one minute delay to a program, which i add still hadn't actually come on when the channel was changed. Did not deserve her punching me twice in the head in my opinion.
    well in my house i have no authority when it comes to the TV, if ive been watching a whole film and it only has a few minutes left my dad will just shout 'gimme the remote' even if he dont have anything specific to watch, if i dont hand it over i receive the consequences which are not worth it tbh. Your mum gives you a house to live in and you said she is helping you with uni rent so stop complaining.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.