Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all I'm an international student from Canada doing my postgrad MA in International Security and Terrorism at Nottingham. I've spent most of the day looking for specific information on when I pick/register my elective modules/classes for my course but with no luck? The procedure for doing this at my home University was much more straight forward or rather different.

Any information on when this is done would be much appreciated! I don't want to miss out on a module cause its full. I apologize in advance if this question has been answered already, I couldn't find it in a search however.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if it's different for MA students, but at undergraduate level you sign up for them in the first week of term and can change them until some date in early October. You can see what modules are available at http://modulecatalogue.nottingham.ac...ain_search.asp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philjw)
    I'm not sure if it's different for MA students, but at undergraduate level you sign up for them in the first week of term and can change them until some date in early October. You can see what modules are available at http://modulecatalogue.nottingham.ac...ain_search.asp
    Thanks for the reply philjw! I've stumbled across similar information so hopefully that's the correct procedure I'll keep looking, however, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philjw)
    This is your best answer, OP . Just try and get it all sorted asap. Definitely a good idea to browse through the module catalogue first so you get an idea of the modules you are taking/can choose from as it will help you have a better idea of what you want to take when you arrive here. Sometimes it's first come first served with the modules and they fill up quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kates:))
    This is your best answer, OP . Just try and get it all sorted asap. Definitely a good idea to browse through the module catalogue first so you get an idea of the modules you are taking/can choose from as it will help you have a better idea of what you want to take when you arrive here. Sometimes it's first come first served with the modules and they fill up quickly.
    Thanks kates I've already picked out all the elective modules I want I just wasn't sure how to actually register for them! I appreciate the response
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The first time you meet your tutor/supervisor/academic contact point they will tell you exactly what you have to do and how to sign up for different modules. When I started my undergrad we were given a little booklet thing which gave the times when different departments would have intro talks or sign up sessions, though most depts would just let you go sign up whenever you wanted.

I couldn't really give a precise answer because every department deals with it slightly differently, by all means have a look at the module catalogue but don't worry too much about it until you've had your first intro talks/meetings as they will tell you all the exact details and as long as you don't hang around after that, you won't have a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the clarification Mitothy! It's much appreciated

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.