Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I bought a Tee from this brand.. I love it =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blip)
    i like it. casual comfy stuff.

and its japanese (YEERRR)
    Superdry is not Japanese. It's an English company trying to look like they're Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    Some of their stuff is lovely but tried a lot on yesterday and the sizing comes up funny. I think a lot of the tops are designed for girls with no chest whatsoever. Which was disappointing =(.

ReputationRep:
    Superdry is just another ugly high street brand much like Henley's except their clothes are way overpriced. If you're going to buy shorts from there you may as well go to Pull & Bear where they have shorts of a similar quality/look for £30 less. I was totally shocked when I saw how much their clothes were compared to how would I would have valued them at based on look/quality.

ReputationRep:
    Superdry happen to be taking most of my salary these days. I like pretty much everything they do, it's a brand that falls exactly under my current 'look'.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like another Jack Wills to me?

ReputationRep:
    When I see someone who has "Superdry" written all over them in 3 inch tall letters, I immediately think less of them.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't make a outfit make of just SuperDry, i'd get stabbed. But i agree with (someone above me ..appologies, i forgot your name :'/) .., just having one of their jumpers would be nice, but expensive. (:

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, some choice designs, but I find most of their clothing suffers from hideously tacky labeling, and overly fussy designs. Authentic Japanese design is minimalist.

I like the Acne look, their denim has an incredible fit, which I can't afford:puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have a Superdry zip up hoody and I love it! It's warm and soft and comfortable. It's great really.

I agree about the labelling though, but at least in my case the thing is the same colour as the jacket so it doen't stand out too much.

ReputationRep:
    BIG LOGOS

ReputationRep:
    I think the quality is quite good but it looks a bit brandwhore-ish with the huge logos.

ReputationRep:
    Surprisingly susceptible to water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Funkenstein)
    Superdry is not Japanese. It's an English company trying to look like they're Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, someone's got their neg panties in a twist.

Top quality my arse. You're just another lame tend follwing sheep wearing the same as every other ****. Prick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Why do people think it's Japanese? It's not.

Some of their stuff with their big branding a bit tacky, kind of like Chinese character tattoos or those 'OSAKA' T shirts. :sigh:

But otherwise the non branded stuff is ok though a bit overpriced.
    My thoughts.

I've got a few tee's and polos but its the more subtle stuff without the big logos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Love Superdry. Just bought about £200 quid of gear at 50-70% off. Always top quality stuff that lasts.
    How comes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    How comes?
    It was on sale. :/

Various places but mainly mandmdirect.co.uk.

ReputationRep:
    Every other person seemed to have the same black coat with superdry written on the shoulder at uni - I think too many people have them, and this is made worse by having Superdry written obviously on everything

ReputationRep:
    Superdry isn't Japanese. It was started by British designers to make you think it is Japanese! Very expensive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.