Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Such a shame if this is true.

ReputationRep:
    God i still don't understand y people judge others based on their skin colour..every1 is the same at the end of the day..when will people realise that and move on with their lives? ..I'm guessin never! There's more to life than prejudicing people, everyone in this world has a right to live and no1 should be the boss of that.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, plus, the Empire was hardly a racial issue (as much as those with chips on their shoulders would like it to have been). Yes, there were cases of resentment towards indigenous populations of India, and of course more recently in South Africa. But the Empire was an economic phenomenon. It was predicated on the end of resources, not the local populace. This then follows with the fairly obvious fact that to categorise white Europeans as "slave-owning", "imperialist", "genocidal" stains on the face of humanity is disgusting. The Empire was conducted entirely by the top of the socio-political hierarchy. Indian viceroys were hardly working down the mines, only the very rich had the opportunity to purchase slaves, and 99% of all Germans had completely no knowledge of the extermination camps. I descend from Midlands, Lancashire, Welsh and Scottish working class stock; my ancestors would never have seen a black person in their life, let alone owned a slave. But, hey, what could be more convenient for the multicultural agenda than to constantly highlight that we owe the world a living? We may as well face that we were all responsible for the Empire. Just as - according to the 7/7 bombers - we were all responsible for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's a funny case of affairs isn't it? All this categorising of white Europeans. It sort of rings a bell. I'm fairly sure all the anti-Semites in Central/Eastern Europe during the early-1920s were spouting something along the lines of "Jews are all extortionate conmen, who plot to take over the world". How many lives do you think that attitude cost us? Lucky such categorising doesn't go on any more. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadioElectric)
    Is it just me or does that guy look a lot less into that than the policeman does?
    yeah i thought that as well - that other pic id say was some poor bugger got caught wrong place wrong time and got jumped - after all there are a lot of asians in that pic but only one white the victim - unless he decided to do a lone ranger charge and got slammed for it - and if hes that stupid no great loss

(Original post by indigoblue)
    ******* animals. Who does that to people?
    aside from thier skin colour they look no different to the white skin heads

(Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Yes, but they've mainly been in occurrences like this i.e. race riots, and they've almost always been used as a propaganda ploy.
    yep and the reason this isnt all over every major news station is cos the asians started it not the white folk

(Original post by Clubber Lang)
    but would they have if the protestors hadn't gone there first?

i think you need to be clarify where you think the hatred stems from.
    no the asian side of it wouldnt have shown up if the white protesters (who weren't protesting against muslims they were protesting against fundamentalist muslim bombers - there signs even said we are not the BNP and called for white and black to unite) but in saying that they didnt start it

(Original post by Crimsonchilli)
    UAF are the biggest bunch of bloody grade A fascists I see in this country, anyone who doesnt agree with them is an enemy...
    yes ive noticed that as well - i wonder if they are aware of thier own irony

(Original post by zjohn)
    lol the bnp got fraggled
    unless im missing something - the BNP werent even there so i dont know what your talking about - it was the UAF and EDL niether of them are BNP and both oppose the BNP

ReputationRep:
    People commit atrocities no matter what their nationality. Europe was the original badarse though. We subdued America, Asia, Africa. Nothing was beyond us

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God...

That's gonna hurt, once the guy lands on his head!

I thought Muslims (if these are Muslims) were supposed to be peaceful, or at least fight only in self-defense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cup of Inspiration)
    Such a shame if this is true.
    More photos (edit: deleted those that were in the previous post).

Whatever someone's political views (no matter how stupid or whatever, that's irrelevant), they should have the right to peacefully protest without being attacked. Of course not everyone believes in free speech. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G50)
    Whatever someone's political views (no matter how stupid or whatever, that's irrelevant), they should have the right to peacefully protest without being attacked. Of course not everyone believes in free speech. :rolleyes:

There's a limit on free speech isn't there - such as something hate incited or something threatening if you don't agree with it; just like those people protesting there; they really aren't doing themselves any favours for the entire muslim community, only increasing friction between religions and race etc.

I've not really heard anything about the Birmingham race riots - seems there was one in 2005 aswell; the tension looks a lot more extreme than the north west and London anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The UAF and muslim extremists were not 'anti racist' protesters at all - they were the more racist party of the two. I should know I saw the whole thing. They were attacking (verbally and physically) innocent bystanders and burning the English flag.

You cannot violently repress fascism without becoming what you claim to oppose.
    The moronic UAF should look in the mirror and see themselves as the hypocrites they are. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    this is one isolated incident. Things like this don't happen all the time, and are actually a lot rarer than the media make it seem, and they certainly don't prove that multiculturalism doesn't work or that everyone hates each other.
    It does happen all of the time. The media just choose not to report it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben F)
    There's a limit on free speech isn't there - such as something hate incited or something threatening if you don't agree with it; just like those people protesting there; they really aren't doing themselves any favours for the entire muslim community, only increasing friction between religions and race etc.
    I don't know about that. I don't know exactly what it is they were saying, but simply protesting near people who might disagree with you isn't wrong in itself. It is the point of protesting after all (i.e. not just doing it in your back yard or where most people will agree with you). But it could be that they were in breach of those rules -- like I said, I haven't read anything about what they were protesting about. However, whatever they were saying, it does bring up another double standard: when extremist Muslims protest, shout terribly hateful and racist things, and carry signs with messages completely opposite of Western civilization, the police don't bat an eyelid (instead they run away because their orders are to "not add any fuel to the fire" :rolleyes:)...

ReputationRep:
    This whole thread is really making me laugh. Different riots are being brought into it from all over the place. And some of you think that our little multi-cultural country is working? Open your eyes. It will never work. Its not in our nature to get along with each other. The pages of history are stained blood red. Ive no doubt the future will be too. We are a hideous vile race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slo-Mo9)
    God i still don't understand y people judge others based on their skin colour..every1 is the same at the end of the day..when will people realise that and move on with their lives? ..I'm guessin never! There's more to life than prejudicing people, everyone in this world has a right to live and no1 should be the boss of that.
    Who is the worst for that kind of thing nowadays? White people? Not a chance.

ReputationRep:
    From what I gather it was a relatively peaceful protest until the fascists, Casuals United, BNP - whatever you want to call them - broke through the police lines and began to swear and shout at the UAF protectors. Bricks, bins and other missiles were apparently thrown and this led to a response from the Asian lads.

Obviously the Asians were fully to blame for responding the way they did.

Additionally, threats were exchanged between the two groups in the lead up to the protest so the environment was naturally very charged yesterday.

Pushing blame on one side entirely for kicking off the violence is not helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Like i said, i've lived in Birmingham my whole life. I've worked in large muslim communities for the better part of 5yrs now. Muslims are by far the most racist people i've known. I have many Muslim friends, but the way they actually think of the average white person is extremely ignorant and racist.

ReputationRep:
    The problem yesterday was the gangs and gangs of Asian teenagers. When it all kicked off even the older generation of Asians were shouting at the young ones "this is exactly how they want you to act"...but still they wouldn't listen.

They turned up in their drones for intimidation purposes, not for a protest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    How could people who weren't even there get "fraggled" (whatever that means)?
    They were essentially BNP proxy groups.

ReputationRep:
    Also: it's not Fascistic in the slightest to be against Islamic FUNDAMENTALISM. It's just a shame that the cretins who tend to be attracted to that cause are, well, cretins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andywylde)
    The problem yesterday was the gangs and gangs of Asian teenagers. When it all kicked off even the older generation of Asians were shouting at the young ones "this is exactly how they want you to act"...but still they wouldn't listen.

They turned up in their drones for intimidation purposes, not for a protest.
    The Asian groups didn't kick off until the rascists started shouting and demeaning them. That said, I don't agree with the way they acted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    They were essentially BNP proxy groups.
    I don't think they were. I was in the middle of it all. To me it looked like a bunch of idiots who'd spilled out of one of the many local boozers, looking for a scrap.

If the BNP was gonna turn up their would of been far many more white thugs going at it. But it simply wasn't like that. There were about 300+ Asians, and about 30-50 white guys who were giving it the large. The rest of the white guys were the EDL who were protesting outside the town hall, who didn't get violent in the slightest

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.