Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Discussion about EDL/UAF confrontations in Birmingham watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What percentage of Birmingham is white British and what percentage is Asian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    Tell me thats a joke
    lets hope that it is......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    Can i just say i am from an asian background yet i am the poster child for integration. All my friends are white, i work with all white people etc

Yet i have suffered extreme racism all of my life. This proves to me integration is not the issue, integration is just a more acceptable way to be racist. Otherwise everyone would be welcoming of me.
    If a white boy went to Asia, they might integrate, but they would never be considered wholly Asian. Its the sad world we live in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    What percentage of Birmingham is white British and what percentage is Asian?
    70.4 white, 19.5 asian.

ReputationRep:
    Here is a video of the protests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoOwtPJNsAM

ReputationRep:
    If a white boy went to Asia, they might integrate, but they would never be considered wholly Asian. Its the sad world we live in

Actually many white people do move to Asia and don;t have the same problems Asian people get when they move here. Often White people are treated very well when they move to Asia.

I am the poster child of integration I even look white and yet i have still recieved racism all of my life. The worst pone was when a drug dealing doll dosser asked me if i was an illegal immigrant.... i was like ''I speak English better than you, moron''.

ReputationRep:
    Actually many white people do move to Asia and don;t have the same problems Asian people get when they move here. Often White people are treated very well when they move to Asia.
    Yeah all those white people in Asia...

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for people having the right of abode in whatever country they wish to. But if you're really unhappy with where you are then seriously pack up and go, don't go inciting hatred and propaganda, trying to enforce your beliefs in a country that wasn't built on those beliefs. It's simple.

I wouldn't dare move over to pakistan and kick up a fuss because i can't find a christian church or whatever. Even if my parents had moved over there and i was born there but brought up christian - i still wouldn't kick up a fuss over the fact that the country doesn't share my beliefs. It's a total lack of respect. IGNORANCE!

ReputationRep:
    The articles argues, for example, that Muslim immigrants are never truly embraced in Europe, but the same can be said, with far more evidential support, about the plight of non-Muslims and ethnic minorities in Muslim countries. Just pick up an Amnesty International or Human Rights Watch report regarding the outrageous human rights abuses against Christians in countries such as Turkey, Afghanistan and Pakistan, or the oppression of Bahia's in Iran and Egypt. The non-Muslim minorities of the Muslim world are being suffocated and there numbers are steadily dwindling. On the other hand, Muslims have been enjoying rights and freedoms in Europe which they aren't able to enjoy in any Muslim country, and there numbers are steadily increasing.

You're attempt to depict Europe as a monstrous region (as oppose to the other regions of the world) isn't going to convince anyone as long as European countries top polls on democracy and free speech. This map from Freedom House clearly demonstrates the freedom that characterises Europe and the authoritarianism which is characteristic of regions such as China and the Muslim world.

ReputationRep:
    the casuals thought it was a football match lol and in the end we played football with their heads

ReputationRep:
    Yeah all those white people in Asia...

Lots of white people move to south east asia and to muslim nations like Dubai.

I am led to believe white people in Dubai earn more than the indigienous people....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andywylde)
    I'm all for people having the right of abode in whatever country they wish to. But if you're really unhappy with where you are then seriously pack up and go, don't go inciting hatred and propaganda, trying to enforce your beliefs in a country that wasn't built on those beliefs. It's simple.

I wouldn't dare move over to pakistan and kick up a fuss because i can't find a christian church or whatever. Even if my parents had moved over there and i was born there but brought up christian - i still wouldn't kick up a fuss over the fact that the country doesn't share my beliefs. It's a total lack of respect. IGNORANCE!
    You are wrong and stupid. The Asian people in the UK who you are describing were born here they did not move here. they are much more at home here than they ever would be in Pakistan. They however do not feel truly at home here because they expereince lots of racism and hence embrace an ieology that is more akin to Pakistan.

The moral of the story is, if white people want to be mean to your pakistani kids then you will get it back when those kids grow into men.

ReputationRep:
    wherever it goes islam suffocates everything else. Even in Egypt and Turkey, the topic of Islam dwarfs other issues

ReputationRep:
    You are wrong and stupid. The Asian people in the UK who you are describing were born here they did not move here. they are much more at home here than they ever would be in Pakistan. They however do not feel truly at home here because they expereince lots of racism and hence embrace an ieology that is more akin to Pakistan.

The moral of the story is, if white people want to be mean to your pakistani kids then you will get it back when those kids grow into men.
    Pakistanis aren't the nicest people either you know. Insular, backward, giant superiority complexes. You can't blame everything on the country you immigrate to.

I think its a mix of things/ skin colour, religion, segregation, racism on both sides

ReputationRep:
    Lots of white people move to south east asia and to muslim nations like Dubai.

I am led to believe white people in Dubai earn more than the indigienous people....
    Dubai is just like a massive holiday resort.

There isn't that many white people in south asia, not at all

ReputationRep:

I suspect most of these guys were born here too:

http://www.fmft.net/british%20muslim...extremists.jpg

Does that make it ok?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Human Condition)
    The articles argues, for example, that Muslim immigrants are never truly embraced in Europe, but the same can be said, with far more evidential support, about the plight of non-Muslims and ethnic minorities in Muslim countries. Just pick up an Amnesty International or Human Rights Watch report regarding the outrageous human rights abuses against Christians in countries such as Turkey, Afghanistan and Pakistan, or the oppression of Bahia's in Iran and Egypt. The non-Muslim minorities of the Muslim world are being suffocated and there numbers are steadily dwindling. On the other hand, Muslims have been enjoying rights and freedoms in Europe which they aren't able to enjoy in any Muslim country, and there numbers are steadily increasing.

You're attempt to depict Europe as a monstrous region (as oppose to the other regions of the world) isn't going to convince anyone as long as European countries top polls on democracy and free speech.

First of all there is no doubt that Europe is THE most monstrous and bloody continent in the planet.

He has got a point. Muslims were never EVER embraced in this country or Europe at large. I don't think we even give them the opportunity to call themselves British. Historically if you look at Muslim rule they have been way more tolerant than Christian rule. The Era of the Islamic Golden Age in Spain is an example of this or Salah Al Din's rule in Jerusalem.

Secondly the contemporary "plight" of the Christians is the fault of the so called "secular" corrupt dictatorial governments who oppress Muslims way more than Christians and have failed to educate their people and teach them to coexist. Also, 1.5 Million Muslim died because of Chritisian Western sanctions on Iraq so where's the noise for their plight.

The Christians lived perfectly fine and got along with everyone in Iraq which was coincidentally the most educationally advanced Arab until the West decided to invade.

Muslims have become pariahs in this continent being shipped off from one torture chamber to another

ReputationRep:
    Pakistanis aren't the nicest people either you know. Insular, backward, giant superiority complexes. You can't blame everything on the country you immigrate to.

I think its a mix of things/ skin colour, religion, segregation, racism on both sides

Pakistanis are often village people. They should never have allowed them into this country in the first place.

However, many of them experience extreme racism from a young age as i myself did and they grow to resent British society and white people. Then white people say why did you bomb us or dislike us when we allowed you into our country and gave you these things....

If you alienate young muslims boys you will grow an army of angry dangerous muslim men.

ReputationRep:
    Pakistanis are often village people. They should never have allowed them into this country in the first place.

However, many of them experience extreme racism from a young age as i myself did and they grow to resent British society and white people. Then white people say why did you bomb us or dislike us when we allowed you into our country and gave you these things....

If you alienate young muslims boys you will grow an army of angry dangerous muslim men.
    This is very true. A lot of races have integrated well. But there are still many many many Muslims in Birmingham that do not want to intergrate. I've worked with young kids from all walks of life, and it's shocking how young muslim kids are being brought up by their elders to dispise white people.

Theres been many incidents when people have refused to converse with me simply because of my skin colour, i have to go and get a Muslim colleague instead.

ReputationRep:

So you "grow to resent British society and white people" ? You're just plain ignorant and backwards. You're problem isn't racism, its that you are a dumb arse.

Many muslims distrust whites, just as many whites distrust muslims. Theres a long line of contributing factors to that: like I said, skin tone, religion, values, nationality, demographics, location in the UK...

I'm saying it wasn't purely racism which alienated muslims. Islam and their own culture is what alienated them. The muslim community, as a unit, chose that path

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2009
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.