Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    First of all there is no doubt that Europe is THE most monstrous and bloody continent in the planet.
    Actually, there is doubt about that. At this moment in time, Europe is the most respectable region when it comes to human rights.

Muslims were never EVER embraced in this country or Europe at large.
    There are numerous minorities in Europe: Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans and so on. Why do they not complain about not being 'embraced' in the UK or Europe at large? That suggests that the problem isn't with Europe but with Muslims in general.

I don't think we even give them the opportunity to call themselves British.
    It's not illegal for Muslims in Britain to refer themselves as British, so perhaps you ought to elaborate upon this point. How are they denied the opportunity to call themselves British?

Historically if you look at Muslim rule they have been way more tolerant than Christian rule. The Era of the Islamic Golden Age in Spain is an example of this or Salah Al Din's rule in Jerusalem.
    That's the past. The point is that the contemporary Muslim world is the most xenophobic and intolerant region on earth.

Secondly the contemporary "plight" of the Christians is the fault of the so called "secular" corrupt dictatorial governments who oppress Muslims way more than Christians and have failed to educate their people and teach them to coexist.
    So what? Lack of education doesn't excuse the outrageous human rights abuses committed against religious minorities in the Muslim world.

Also, 1.5 Million Muslim died because of Chritisian Western sanctions on Iraq so where's the noise for their plight.
    Once again, this is irrelevant. You can't excuse X by pointing to Y.

Muslims have become pariahs in this continent being shipped off from one torture chamber to another
    That's the most delusional and dramatic statement I've read in a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    So you "grow to resent British society and white people" ? You're just plain ignorant and backwards. You're problem isn't racism, its that you are a dumb arse.

Many muslims distrust whites, just as many whites distrust muslims. Theres a long line of contributing factors to that: like I said, skin tone, religion, values, nationality, demographics, location in the UK...

I'm saying it wasn't purely racism which alienated muslims. Islam and their own culture is what alienated them. The muslim community, as a unit, chose that path
    And from my experience a lot of teenage Muslim boys lack the ability to THINK for themselves. Made me laff yesterday how all the asian kids who were kicking off looked EXACTLY like the typical white thugs...Tracksuits, Grade 1 shaved hair do's, throwing insults that an infant would use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    everyone in birm hates each other.

blacks and muslims hate each other the most.

whites and blacks aren't too bad, whites hate muslims more.

blacks and whites don't particularly like each other though.

The midlands is pretty damn racist.

All this riot will do is cause constant retaliation.
    That's not true! I moved to Birmingham 2 years ago and I love it here. I hang out with a group of Asians, Whites and Blacks. We all get on really well and nobody hates each other just because of colour or religion or whatever. All the people I meet are usually friendly and it seems a lot more of a friendlier place then London where I'm originally from.
    I'm white btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigoblue)
    So you "grow to resent British society and white people" ? You're just plain ignorant and backwards. You're problem isn't racism, its that you are a dumb arse.

Many muslims distrust whites, just as many whites distrust muslims. Theres a long line of contributing factors to that: like I said, skin tone, religion, values, nationality, demographics, location in the UK...

I'm saying it wasn't purely racism which alienated muslims. Islam and their own culture is what alienated them. The muslim community, as a unit, chose that path
    Its ironic you call me a dumb arse when you incorrectly used 'you're' instead of 'your' at the beginning of your sentence. If you wish to live in the UK the least you could do is the learn the English language.

I think you will find it is racism which alienated young muslims and they get the majority of racism in the UK. It appears to me the racists consider attacking Islam as an easy and popular target. In reality they are pouring petrol onto a fire and the result could be another terrorist attack. Although i would like to point out the threat of terrosim has been exagerated as a means of attacking Islamic members of british society.

You appear to have an irrational hate for muslims. Until you can solve your own problems you should not really discuss this topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorafdfs)
    Look I know the concept might be hard to grasp but Birmingham isn't the midlands.
    I'm guessing that irritates you as much as it irritates me when people try to say that Africa is a country... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andywylde)
    And from my experience a lot of teenage Muslim boys lack the ability to THINK for themselves. Made me laff yesterday how all the asian kids who were kicking off looked EXACTLY like the typical white thugs...Tracksuits, Grade 1 shaved hair do's, throwing insults that an infant would use

Its funny you mention that. It makes me laugh how many white people are critical of Islam and middle eastern culture, they remind me completely of the Imams who attack western culture and white people.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone in Birmingham hates each other so its no surprise.

ReputationRep:
    I must move out of dis horrible country ASAP!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andywylde)
    Like i said, i've lived in Birmingham my whole life. I've worked in large muslim communities for the better part of 5yrs now. Muslims are by far the most racist people i've known. I have many Muslim friends, but the way they actually think of the average white person is extremely ignorant and racist.
    I agree, I find most Muslims in Bradford act in a vile manner towards white people, I don't find them overly friendly to a black person with an evangelical christian mother like myself either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)
    Its ironic you call me a dumb arse when you incorrectly used 'you're' instead of 'your' at the beginning of your sentence. If you wish to live in the UK the least you could do is the learn the English language.

I think you will find it is racism which alienated young muslims and they get the majority of racism in the UK. It appears to me the racists consider attacking Islam as an easy and popular target. In reality they are pouring petrol onto a fire and the result could be another terrorist attack. Although i would like to point out the threat of terrosim has been exagerated as a means of attacking Islamic members of british society.

You appear to have an irrational hate for muslims. Until you can solve your own problems you should not really discuss this topic.
    Islam is a popular target because its a crackpot religion, responsible for a great number of problems. Islam alienates. Muslims have chosen the path of segregation and dumb brainwashing/

Take responsibility for your own actions Don't worry what other people are thinking

ReputationRep:
    the race riots isnt extreme in birmigham, i've lived there for almost all my life and never seen one, have heard of it, but is not as big as people are making out. people need to get on with thier lives and stop making stories bigger than they actualy are,and multiculturalism does work

FYI: blacks and muslims do not hate each other, wherever you got that from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJudge)

this is some theory you jus made it up right there and then, or there is facts, figures and sources behind it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Blues hate the Villa. They always sing "sh1t on the villa" - no matter who they're playing.

Having looked at the footage it wasn't that much worse than your average Saturday when Villa and BC are playing at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golly-Gosh)
    FYI: blacks and muslims do not hate each other, wherever you got that from.
    i was under the impression there was a kidnapping somewhere along the lines and it was about to erupt until soemthing happend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Human Condition)
    Actually, there is doubt about that. At this moment in time, Europe is the most respectable region when it comes to human rights.
    That's not the point. I was referring historically. Ex convicted Pedophiles can say that at this moment in time we're law abiding citizens.

There are numerous minorities in Europe: Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans and so on. Why do they not complain about not being 'embraced' in the UK or Europe at large? That suggests that the problem isn't with Europe but with Muslims in general.
    So you're saying that Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists do not complain about no being embraced in the UK?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-trainer.html
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-uniforms.html
    http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/tops...was.4336624.jp
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/n...ow/4857359.cms

Hardly Eutopia.....

The constant media onslaught on Muslims creating this alarmist hysteria.
    And it is not only the Muslims, let's take the poorest social group in the EU. The Roma. This is a picture of dead Roma children on an Italian beach with people lazily soaking up the sun with no concern- not very typical of the most respectable region now is it?

It's not illegal for Muslims in Britain to refer themselves as British, so perhaps you ought to elaborate upon this point. How are they denied the opportunity to call themselves British?
    I didn't say it was illegal so perhaps you ought to read carefully next time. I said it has become socially unacceptable to be a practicing Muslim and a British citizen. You are almost instantly portrayed as you perfectly exemplify as intolerant, misogynist anti assimilation etc. You can't be British and a Muslim.

That's the past. The point is that the contemporary Muslim world is the most xenophobic and intolerant region on earth.
    No the past is not the past. You allude that living under Islam instantly means discrimination and death. This silly pacifist dress up that you put up in not reality and has no historical basis.

How can Muslims be xenophobic if they're not a race? Last time I check there were 300.000 British people living in Muslim UAE.

So what? Lack of education doesn't excuse the outrageous human rights abuses committed against religious minorities in the Muslim world.
    No lack of education means they have nothing better to do with their lives other than saturate in their faith becoming completely irrational and fundamentalists . Whatever human rights abuses committed against Christians which are usually harassment and at the total extreme end murder is in no comparison to trademark western ethnic cleansing historically when it comes to Muslims, extraordinary renditions,torture,illegal prison etv.

Once again, this is irrelevant. You can't excuse X by pointing to Y.
    Well we all saw what happened after 9/11. The "stunning over ferocity" of unleashing two wars that have resulted in the deaths of another 1.5 million Muslims.

Now imagine the day Muslim terroristS ignite a hydrogen bomb that kills around 3 million westerners. Lets just say the western reaction would make the holocaust look like a paper cut in history books.

That's the most delusional and dramatic statement I've read in a long time.
    No it isn't it's fact so please stop with this silly victim mentality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1721)
    i was under the impression there was a kidnapping somewhere along the lines and it was about to erupt until soemthing happend
    That was a story put about by a Black pirate radio station. I think two Black girls were accused of shoplifting in an Asian shop and handed-over to the cops. Anyway some Black gang members then attacked a shop and rumours went around that they were attacking a mosque. And some Asian gangsters stabbed an innocent Black guy chosen at random.

ReputationRep:
    Europe needs to stop this self-hate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juanmodesto)
    That was a story put about by a Black pirate radio station. I think two Black girls were accused of shoplifting in an Asian shop and handed-over to the cops. Anyway some Black gang members then attacked a shop and rumours went around that they were attacking a mosque. And some Asian gangsters stabbed an innocent Black guy chosen at random.
    The "official" story is that a black immigrant girl was caught stealing in an asian shop. She then offered herself sexually OR the shopkeeper asked for sexual favours in exchange for letting her go. It's then said that anything between 5-19 asian men raped the girl. The story is that she didn't go to the police because she was an illegal immigrant and didn't want to be deported. Then Warren G on HOT FM (a pirate station) started talking about the alleged incident on air, he named the shop and as a result people started attacking the shop. Eventually a public meeting was called at a venue in the city, and on that night the first wave of the Lozells riots broke out.

No victim of the rape, nor any witnesses of the incident have ever came forward though, at all.

ReputationRep:
    How can Muslims be xenophobic if they're not a race? Last time I check there were 300.000 British people living in Muslim UAE.
    why do you feel more connection with some muslims in another country?
    this is the thing most of us hate, the fact you are supposed to be british but still stick up for terrorists who would kill you if you had the misfortune of being on the same bus/train as them.
    seriously if you disagree with the war, fine, but disagree because of other reasons not just because they are the same religion as you
    no it isn't it's fact so please stop with this silly victim mentality.
    victim mentality? pot kettle black

ReputationRep:
    No lack of education means they have nothing better to do with their lives other than saturate in their faith becoming completely irrational and fundamentalists .
    This is exactly the case. Muslims in places like Bosnia and Ukraine and Russia tend not to be fanatics for precisely this reason - they are well educated.

The problem is that many of the girls coming over from places like Mirpur have little or no education . "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle Is The Hand That Rules The World" - so illiterate mums = disadvantaged kids.

The simple solution would be a compulsory English test on incomers - that would give Mirpuri families an incentive not to take their girls out of school at a young age.

I don't think the problem is insurmountable. If you look at the progress of Bangladeshis in the UK - their educational levels have been improving rapidly, albeit from a low base.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.