The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Diaz89
That's not the point. I was referring historically. Ex convicted Pedophiles can say that at this moment in time we're law abiding citizens.

That’s a terrible analogy because that paedophile you describe did once break the law. However, current Europeans did not themselves take part in the Holocaust or the slave trade. As I said before, people cannot be held responsible for other peoples actions.

Diaz89
So you're saying that Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists do not complain about no being embraced in the UK?

I’m sure they do have grievances, but they don’t cause the same degree of controversy.

Diaz89
Hardly Eutopia.

It may not be utopia but it’s far better than any other region on earth.

Diaz89
And it is not only the Muslims, let's take the poorest social group in the EU. The Roma. This is a picture of dead Roma children on an Italian beach with people lazily soaking up the sun with no concern- not very typical of the most respectable region now is it?

You think that one picture – as upsetting as it is – nullifies the points I’ve made? Why don’t you provide me with substantial evidence to support your claim that Europe is a ‘monstrous’ and ‘bloody continent’? I’ve quoted the research carried out by Freedom House that identifies Europe as the leading continent when it comes to respect for freedom of religion, speech and press. Similarly, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch testify to this reality.

Diaz89
I didn't say it was illegal so perhaps you ought to read carefully next time. I said it has become socially unacceptable to be a practicing Muslim and a British citizen. You are almost instantly portrayed as you perfectly exemplify as intolerant, misogynist anti assimilation etc. You can't be British and a Muslim.

To be honest, that’s a subjective opinion.

Diaz89
No the past is not the past. You allude that living under Islam instantly means discrimination and death. This silly pacifist dress up that you put up in not reality and has no historical basis.

Is it not true that most Muslim scholars are of the opinion that people who leave Islam must be executed? Do Muslim clerics not argue that in an Islamic state, no religion other than Islam will be given the right to preach? Does Islam not say that gay people should murdered? If so, then Islam does mean discrimination and death.

Diaz89
How can Muslims be xenophobic if they're not a race?

Xenophobia is a dislike and/or fear of that which is unknown or different from oneself, so it’s not just race. The point is that the Muslim world has a terrible record when it comes to respecting non-Muslim religious minorities and this is evident in countries such as Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Pakistan.

Diaz89
No lack of education means they have nothing better to do with their lives other than saturate in their faith becoming completely irrational and fundamentalists .

Religious belief is inherently irrational and fundamentalist so it clearly hasn’t got much to do with that.

Diaz89
Whatever human rights abuses committed against Christians which are usually harassment and at the total extreme end murder is in no comparison to trademark western ethnic cleansing historically when it comes to Muslims, extraordinary renditions,torture,illegal prison etv.

Actually, the Nazi regimes extermination of Jews and gay people was partly enthused by the Armenian Genocide which was carried by Muslims: Hitler famously said, “Who, after all, speaks today about the annihilation of the Armenians.” The current genocide that’s taking place in Sudan is also being perpetrated by Muslims, so this futile attempt of yours to argue that ethnic cleansing and genocide are unique or particularly common to Europe isn’t convincing.

Secondly, bearing in mind that this discussion is about Europe, I don’t understand why you’re bringing in extraordinary renditions, torture and illegal prisons into the debate – these are American practices. Some European nations may have, to some extent, colluded in these practices but the point is that they are exceptions.

Diaz89
Well we all saw what happened after 9/11. The "stunning over ferocity" of unleashing two wars that have resulted in the deaths of another 1.5 million Muslims. Now imagine the day Muslim terroristS ignite a hydrogen bomb that kills around 3 million westerners. Lets just say the western reaction would make the holocaust look like a paper cut in history books.

I think some people would agree that the Muslim world’s reaction to harmless books, cartoons and the teddy bears was far more of an overreaction than the United States’ reaction to the most deadly terrorist attack ever in recent history.

Diaz89
No it isn't it's fact so please stop with this silly victim mentality.

You clearly don't know what victim mentality means because if you did, you would realise that you are the one with the victim mentality - constantly going on about how Muslims are sent from one "torture chamber" to another.
juanmodesto
Muslims in places like Bosnia and Ukraine and Russia tend not to be fanatics for precisely this reason - they are well educated.

Actually, I think it has more to do with the fact that Muslims in Bosnia are fiercely secular people. In other words, they are, to a large extent, Muslim in name only.
I didn't know it was possible to riot in Birmingham. What is there to smash up?
Zap Brannigan

Hundreds of Islamic Extremist supporting Muslims
Reply 304
Zap Brannigan

this leads to the age old joke
there was a riot in birmingham, the damage was expected to be in excess of £3.20
Human Condition
Actually, I think it has more to do with the fact that Muslims in Bosnia are fiercely secular people. In other words, they are, to a large extent, Muslim in name only.

They are now - that was achieved by Tito's Yugloslavia. Go back to the early years of the last century and it was different. Of course many Balkan Muslims ended-up moving to Turkey - but still the remainder were fairly pious back in the '20s. ISTR reading an account by Freya Stark? of a Turkish state visit to Sarajevo in the 1920s. She implied that the local Muslims were not pleased with Ataturk's secularism.
andywylde
Hundreds of Islamic Extremist supporting Muslims

Well that's a fight, not a riot.
Reply 307
I think the whole race issue is a sad state of affairs.

The BNP are blatantly laying bait for people so it makes it look as though ethnic minorities are a blight on our cities.

If you notice it was just 'kids' causing trouble. There is no video of the hard working ethnic minorities in offices and spending time with friends and integrating with the community.

The way to fight racism and misconceptions is to fight the system from the inside and be role models for next generations so they see that we aren't going to hold up the race card every time there is an issue or indeed resort to violence.

I am black and have experience rascism towards myself throughout much of my life but I have chosen to work hard and prove to people that not all black people have chips on their shoulders and are worth getting to know and worth employing.

B'ham is quite multicultural and I haven't really experienced open rascism for many years. If fact I only experience it in the workplace and am experiening it currently so I am choosing to better myself and get a new job without causing a fuss and aising the race card. Subtlety may be the key as we are getting nowhere with direct clashes.

Britain could be pioneers in race relations if done we just open ou minds.

Take a leaf out of the Chinese people's books who don't seem to get involved in such nonsense even though they have been victimised for years.:yep:
mistmaker
I think the whole race issue is a sad state of affairs.

The BNP are blatantly laying bait for people so it makes it look as though ethnic minorities are a blight on our cities.

If you notice it was just 'kids' causing trouble. There is no video of the hard working ethnic minorities in offices and spending time with friends and integrating with the community.

The way to fight racism and misconceptions is to fight the system from the inside and be role models for next generations so they see that we aren't going to hold up the race card every time there is an issue or indeed resort to violence.

I am black and have experience rascism towards myself throughout much of my life but I have chosen to work hard and prove to people that not all black people have chips on their shoulders and are worth getting to know and worth employing.

B'ham is quite multicultural and I haven't really experienced open rascism for many years. If fact I only experience it in the workplace and am experiening it currently so I am choosing to better myself and get a new job without causing a fuss and aising the race card. Subtlety may be the key as we are getting nowhere with direct clashes.

Britain could be pioneers in race relations if done we just open ou minds.

Take a leaf out of the Chinese people's books who don't seem to get involved in such nonsense even though they have been victimised for years.:yep:

Yea man, i agree with everything you said. The trouble with a lot of muslims though is that whenever they feel "opposed" in any kind of way, they hold up the race card...and the nature of Islamic beliefs is to fight fire with fire. Theres nothing wrong with standing up for yourself and your people, an eye for an eye even in some situations. But Islam is a dangerous religion imo. They don't even look after their own very well, you mess up...your ******. Look at how they treat women. Theres nothing civilized in their belief system whatsoever.
Diaz89
No when they first came here they took the lowest of the low jobs. They had minimal education, skills and so took unskilled manual work. That's why they worked in textiles, construction etc. However generation after generation began to pick up. Their educational standards and life chances increased dramatically and began to properly contribute to the economy. The government is just continuing to repeat what they did in the 1960s to the present.

Say what you say about the study. I think its actually even more that, the only people I see on the road that drive Mercedes BMWs are Indians.
If you think the source was shady,the "reputable" Times obviously verified and accepted the story before publishing it.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/markets/india/article561309.ece

LOL at only indians driving BMW's and mercs. The ones i know usually are pretty poor yet blow all their money on a car, just to look like they're doing better than they are. Pretty pathetic really.

Saying that though Indians are doing pretty well for themselves, but Indians have never been the problem, neither have the chinese. It's nothing to do with skin colour, it's the way a large minority of muslims and blacks act that cause the problems. Most of all between themselves.
Reply 310
andywylde
Yea man, i agree with everything you said. The trouble with a lot of muslims though is that whenever they feel "opposed" in any kind of way, they hold up the race card...and the nature of Islamic beliefs is to fight fire with fire. Theres nothing wrong with standing up for yourself and your people, an eye for an eye even in some situations. But Islam is a dangerous religion imo. They don't even look after their own very well, you mess up...your ******. Look at how they treat women. Theres nothing civilized in their belief system whatsoever.

Thank you for your over-generalisation of the nature in Islam. Seriously, do you know anything about Islam apart from what the media portray it as? I presume you don't. How can muslims play the race card when it isn't a race but a religion. Seriously, what are you talking about. The nature of Islam is to not fight fire with fire but to stand up to yourself. What you see today isn't what Islam is MEANT TO BE but what people portray it is. People can be muslim by name and not by nature, remember that. For every one good muslim there are probably three worse ones and there the ones people see.

We don't look after their own? Own being whom? Family? Community? Please elaborate.

How we treat women? Once again, this isn't what islam portrays but it is a cultural thing, cultures are not always defined by religion but by the society as well. Just because society wants to treat women badly does that mean the religion does too?

Finally, don't say there is nothing civilised with Islam. Please do some research before you start saying nonsense. All your points are on the premises on the person and not the religion itself.
Reply 311
Hugh-Jackman
LOL at only indians driving BMW's and mercs. The ones i know usually are pretty poor yet blow all their money on a car, just to look like they're doing better than they are. Pretty pathetic really.

Saying that though Indians are doing pretty well for themselves, but Indians have never been the problem, neither have the chinese. It's nothing to do with skin colour, it's the way a large minority of muslims and blacks act that cause the problems. Most of all between themselves.

why is it pathetic? Only a slight minority of people show off their true colours in the outside world. Not doing so means your a coward? Or does it mean your scared of showing your true self? People from such country as India/Pakistan show means of success through one thing in particular, wealth. They mainly associate this through items such as cars thus BMW's and merc's are associated with wealth. Everyone shows off in different ways to promote themselves. Whether it be splashing out on clothes or fancy houses. Heck people take mortages to buy expensive houses! If i was thinking like you, why don't they just save up and buy it? There just showing off, pretty pathetic right?
Reply 312
dzeh

this pic pisses me off to much, skinny asian rats..

the day they are all deported from europe the better

Filth. Scum. Get them out. I would not shed a tear if they all died tomorrow.
motiv3
why is it pathetic? Only a slight minority of people show off their true colours in the outside world. Not doing so means your a coward? Or does it mean your scared of showing your true self? People from such country as India/Pakistan show means of success through one thing in particular, wealth. They mainly associate this through items such as cars thus BMW's and merc's are associated with wealth. Everyone shows off in different ways to promote themselves. Whether it be splashing out on clothes or fancy houses. Heck people take mortages to buy expensive houses! If i was thinking like you, why don't they just save up and buy it? There just showing off, pretty pathetic right?

not everyone shows off, i don't. i buy the cheapest clothes, i haven't got any designer clothes at all. My dad runs his own accountancy company and does pretty well, yet he just drives a mondeo and is happy doing so, he doesn't feel the need to buy expensive cars too prove his worth. Due to him being an accountant he see's many indian busniess owners and a lot of them complain how they haven't got much money or they're doing badly, yet they're driving cars beyond their means. It's pathetic.

Like it's pathetic that some of my mates have debts upto 20k on credit cards because they got to have 3 holidays a year or every item of clothes has to be over £100. I'll never get the mentality, probably because I've never felt poor and feel the need to prove I'm not poor, obviously in minorities money is a bigger deal, they seem to respect people more for money than the actual person.
Diaz89
That's not the point. I was referring historically. Ex convicted Pedophiles can say that at this moment in time we're law abiding citizens.

So you're saying that Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists do not complain about no being embraced in the UK?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1202455/Female-Sikh-recruit-wins-payout-racist-humiliation-police-trainer.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/2469905/Sikh-teenagers-bangle-discrimination-win-will-impact-rules-on-uniforms.html
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/topstories/Ban-on-Sikh-bangle-was.4336624.jp
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/news/world/indians-abroad/Stuck-on-UK-motorway-Sikhs-face-racial-abuse/articleshow/4857359.cms

Hardly Eutopia.....

The constant media onslaught on Muslims creating this alarmist hysteria.
And it is not only the Muslims, let's take the poorest social group in the EU. The Roma. This is a picture of dead Roma children on an Italian beach with people lazily soaking up the sun with no concern- not very typical of the most respectable region now is it?

I didn't say it was illegal so perhaps you ought to read carefully next time. I said it has become socially unacceptable to be a practicing Muslim and a British citizen. You are almost instantly portrayed as you perfectly exemplify as intolerant, misogynist anti assimilation etc. You can't be British and a Muslim.

No the past is not the past. You allude that living under Islam instantly means discrimination and death. This silly pacifist dress up that you put up in not reality and has no historical basis.

How can Muslims be xenophobic if they're not a race? Last time I check there were 300.000 British people living in Muslim UAE.

No lack of education means they have nothing better to do with their lives other than saturate in their faith becoming completely irrational and fundamentalists . Whatever human rights abuses committed against Christians which are usually harassment and at the total extreme end murder is in no comparison to trademark western ethnic cleansing historically when it comes to Muslims, extraordinary renditions,torture,illegal prison etv.

Well we all saw what happened after 9/11. The "stunning over ferocity" of unleashing two wars that have resulted in the deaths of another 1.5 million Muslims.

Now imagine the day Muslim terroristS ignite a hydrogen bomb that kills around 3 million westerners. Lets just say the western reaction would make the holocaust look like a paper cut in history books.

No it isn't it's fact so please stop with this silly victim mentality.

All the links you provided are Sikh related, so it only proves that one other minority in Britain is complaining. However I am yet to see any recent news headlines where Sikh extremist groups preach hate, commit suicide attacks in Western countries or take hostages. In this modern day and age, you rarely see members of the other main world religions using their religion to justify murder. This is why the media 'attacks' Islam and not the other religions.
I've known many many Muslim men to only be a follower of Islam when it suits them. Eating on the sly during Ramadan, necking bottles of beer with the rest of the lads, smoking a 10 pack a day. What a joke. I wonder what the actual percentage of REAL Muslims there are in the UK.
Reply 316
Are the English Welsh Defence League racist nazis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ltjFp2JKE

This video clearly shows the protesters had several black members and supporters, but the UAF call them nazi and racist-and this whips up the crowd who attacks innocent whites doing their shopping.
Reply 317
andywylde

No victim of the rape, nor any witnesses of the incident have ever came forward though, at all.

Would you come forwartd after all that mayhem?

indigoblue
It just said on channel 4 news, that there was a riot in Birmingham city centre this afternoon.

they said it was between 'the english defence league' and anti-racist rioters. then it showed a gang of black guys chasing after this white boy and stamping on him.

anyone know anything about this?

They stole his wallett too.
Reply 318
andywylde
I've known many many Muslim men to only be a follower of Islam when it suits them. Eating on the sly during Ramadan, necking bottles of beer with the rest of the lads, smoking a 10 pack a day. What a joke. I wonder what the actual percentage of REAL Muslims there are in the UK.

Some with Brits and Christianity, very few go to church, but if a Mosque were to open everybody is suddenly a Christian and is upset about the Mosque 'ruining our culture'.
Reply 319
steed999
english defence league vs anti racists has nothing to do with multi culturalism, its about stupid ignorant people who dislike others because of there skin!

There are many npeople in EDL who are black MORON!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ltjFp2JKE

You cannot get out of this by crying racism trying to win a debate.

René Artois
I heard they were protesting against radical Islamists???

true, and one of their spokesmen is coloured

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywWFuvwUIPQ

vickyyyy
It was the BNP march or some crap like that
And it was arranged to happen around the time all the football is over so your going to have all blues, coventry, villa and other midlands fans up town which would cause more trouble

thats a total lie

Latest

Trending

Trending