Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Discussion about EDL/UAF confrontations in Birmingham Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    The Midlands is an explosion waiting to happen. The Lozells riots a few years ago were, indeed, between Blacks and Asians, and, as 'Hugh-Jackman' said, this is probably the main source of conflict. But what we're seeing, from what my grandparents say at least, is that "white flight" is higher than ever in the suburbs, and people are getting incredibly pissed off with it. Birmingham city centre is, literally, a game of spot the white man.

on another note, the video in your sig is absolutely hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    :blah:
    What? I'm only saying what I think sparked this event.

ReputationRep:
    Where in B'ham did this take place? I didn't hear about anything either.

ReputationRep:
    What? I'm only saying what I think sparked this event.
    Yeah, I know - but you're not going to do anything about it are you? No-one who seems to hold these views ever does anything about what they think, it's just blah blah blah blah blah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dddd)
    Please. Watch and Learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bla8ReCgNA

CLAY AIKEN!!! <3 :o:

have you heard "Invisible"... typical example of great song, WEIRD lyrics that leave you feeling "Omg."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avada Kedavra)
    This.

Either it's not as big as the OP is implying, or the media are choosing not to report on it out of 'social cohesion'.

Either way, Birmingham is a **** hole in my honest opinion, and a good example of the tension which arises from the failed multiculturalism experiment.
    Oh please :rolleyes: I live in Birmingham and it doesnt seem like a **** hole. Yes, things like Lozzels riots and today's incident happen, but can you tell me its endemic for Birmingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    Yeah, I know - but you're not going to do anything about it are you? No-one who seems to hold these views ever does anything about what they think, it's just blah blah blah blah blah.
    That's because it's a colossal problem. Mere demonstrators (like the "English Defence League" - whoever they are) do nothing to help issues. It sparks from segregation as the man in my avatar prophetically warned. The establishment are doing absolutely nothing to help this issue. What? Do you suggest I go and start a nationwide riot or something? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham city centre is, literally, a game of spot the white man.

And people then wonder why English people resent mass immigration. But apparently they are not allowed to speak of it, if they do they are racist, they are bad people...

ReputationRep:
    It merited a brief mention on the BBC News site that others seem to have overlooked:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/8191833.stm

(Original post by KinkyBear)
    yet more proof that multiculturalism dnt work!
    Yeah, let's shoot all the darkies. Racism solved overnight. Very clever.

(Original post by Time Tourist)
    And people then wonder why English people resent mass immigration. But apparently they are not allowed to speak of it it, if they do they are racist, they are bad people...
    That's exactly the situation. I suspect you're probably one too then.

ReputationRep:
    Well where I live there is a good mixture of colours and cultures all living together. I never hear of any trouble on my estate regarding race.

ReputationRep:
    I was in the middle of it all this evening. It didn't really kick off tbh. Things got thrown, loadsa verbal abuse. Birmingham is a s***hole now though, i can't stand it anymore. Can't wait to sell up and move abroad, sometime soon!

I got loadsa pics of 2day though if anyones interested.

ReputationRep:
    The country is 90% and most immigrants are white i.e. polish. So yeah a protest and one fight isn't really a race riot.

P.S. Well, unless muslims protest then thats classed as news. You know eight people protest against soldiers isn't news, yet for three days all you can see is pictures of muslims in the news. The daily mail had a field day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myiesha_90)
    This... ^ I'm glad I didn't go to town today either and went to see my grandad in london instead...

Some people hate other people for stupid stupid reasons... but the vast majority of us couldnt care less about race...If there's some english defence league? is it some sort of a racist group?... I've never heard of them before... I'm tired of these racist losers...

Someone threw a brick at my grandma a week ago when she was on her way to the doctors and shouted racist comments... How do people do this an live with themselves! She's got a scar on her face. It's not fair... She's been here for over 50 years... and no-one especially not her... deserves something like that... urgh. It makes me feel sick just thinking about it...
    I'm sorry to hear about your Granny. :console: Such a sh*tty thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Oh please :rolleyes: I live in Birmingham and it doesnt seem like a **** hole.
    Well of course you're going to defend the place of your residence.

Yes, things like Lozzels riots and today's incident happen, but can you tell me its endemic for Birmingham?
    Perhaps not in the form of riots (which are scarce in Britain, anyway) but the tension is certainly there.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone was to blame for today.

It started out quite peaceful, there were white people and muslims both protesting against the BNP. Then pretty soon gangs of teenage muslims started to appear and tried to kick off. Even though there was no one to kick off against. Eventually about 30-40 white thugs appeared, probably from one of the boozers around the corner. Things were thrown, loadsa racial abuse. I have to say that all the racial abuse started from the muslims though.

It's the youth that were to blame, the older generation there were there for political reasons, but the youth on both sides were only interested in a bit of a scrap.

Sad.

ReputationRep:
    How did I guess the UAF were involved? :rolleyes:

I was in town all day and didnt see anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    everyone in birm hates each other.

blacks and muslims hate each other the most.

whites and blacks aren't too bad, whites hate muslims more.

blacks and whites don't particularly like each other though.

The midlands is pretty damn racist.

All this riot will do is cause constant retaliation.
    Hmm i sorta c whr ur comin from. I once went to visit my cousin (abt 3 years ago) to Birmingham and he was said that they have to have a guy from every colour/religion in their group in order to lead a 'normal' life at school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avada Kedavra)
    Well of course you're going to defend the place of your residence.

Perhaps not in the form of riots (which are scarce in Britain, anyway) but the tension is certainly there.
    I defend it because i find it nice- if I lived in **** hole I wouldn't defend it
    What about stabbings that happen in London almost everyday? Or racially motivated attacks in Liverpool, and many other cities? Simply because Birmingham is more or less muticultural doesn't make it any worse than other cities. There are thugs everywhere in the world in case you didn't know :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I always thought it was Sikhs vs Muslims?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.