Turn on thread page Beta

Discussion about EDL/UAF confrontations in Birmingham watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    And that's when he's not being investigated by the police for assaulting ex girlfriends.
    I have no idea who the hell this man is, but all the same I feel inclined to point out that being investigated by the police for a crime is nothing at all to be ashamed of, nor is it appropriate material to use in a character assassination unless you honestly happen to believe that it is somehow a negative thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I have no idea who the hell this man is, but all the same I feel inclined to point out that being investigated by the police for a crime is nothing at all to be ashamed of, nor is it appropriate material to use in a character assassination unless you honestly happen to believe that it is somehow a negative thing.
    He's a man who's a violent thug, who seriously beat the crud out of his ex girlfriend when she decided to leave the BPP (British Peoples Party) in order to distance herself from right wing activists. He's a nasty piece of work albeit a lazy one, and I have no qualms about deriding his name.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any video on the net showing the uaf chasing the english defence league?? i'd love to see it. if anyone has any video please post them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andywylde)
    Daaaamn, well i guess next time i have ANY sort of confrontation with someone else who isn't WHITE i better think twice...as i could quite possible be considered part of any number of White Supremacist group.
    If you are part of a group whose web site is run by a known Nazi, and whose founder says it is "controlled by a cabal of extremists" ... then yes.

I suggest you read this:
    http://barthsnotes.wordpress.com/200...eague-website/

The people involved are the same and their M.O is the same.

I could not care less whether they change their name on a week by week basis from BNP to EDL to "March for England" to Casuals to Moon Unit.

ReputationRep:
    I was there on saturday afternoon, the asian youth just confirmed what a lot of people have come to stereotype them as, a bunch of yobbish, jobless thugs. they were intimidating people who had nothing to do with the march, who were just getting on with shopping. saw a few of them surround a kid no older than 12 and start threatening him with a crutch until he had the good sense to do one.

i live in east birmingham, it's a good 57% asian in my ward and i feel a lot of tension. it's not a nice place and i sympathise with white flight. i'll be happy when me and my family are rid of this place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    ...they made it out to be an anti-Muslim protest, when it wasn't, it was an anti Islamic fundamentalism protest.
    the placards + chanting were targetting muslims in general not just fundamentalist islam specifically, so why wouldnt some muslim ppl get upset

eg. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9sy_h9EJ3Q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben_g_ali)
    the placards + chanting were targetting muslims in general not just fundamentalist islam specifically, so why wouldnt some muslim ppl get upset

eg. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9sy_h9EJ3Q
    The protest itself wasn't anti-Muslim. We can't blame the EDL if some local idiots turned up and started that chanting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loveisonthedole)
    I was there on saturday afternoon, the asian youth just confirmed what a lot of people have come to stereotype them as, a bunch of yobbish, jobless thugs. they were intimidating people who had nothing to do with the march, who were just getting on with shopping. saw a few of them surround a kid no older than 12 and start threatening him with a crutch until he had the good sense to do one.

i live in east birmingham, it's a good 57% asian in my ward and i feel a lot of tension. it's not a nice place and i sympathise with white flight. i'll be happy when me and my family are rid of this place.
    Sounds like you live in my neck of the woods. Everything you said was bang on. Can't wait to pack up and leave myself. Birmingham isn't gonna get any better. A lot of areas in this city have become dirty, primitive, run down cesspools. I hate to say it but Multi-Cultural Birmingham just doesn't work, white people don't feel welcome in Asian areas and that's a fact. The majority of the Muslim community here don't want to integrate, they want to take over. I can't speak for other cities in the UK, but Birmingham definitly isn't a friendly place anymore, hasn't been for years. It's the youth that are the problem, always has been and always will. They behave like they do because they know they will get away with it.

It's funny. I can often walk down a street with a group of Asian youths at the other end, they look at me as though i should cross the street or that i should perhaps turn back. They then find it amazing, and look at me in sheer anger at the fact that i had the nerve to walk past them on my own. Things like this happen all the time here. Scum.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. EDL are planning another "peaceful" protest in Birmingham this Saturday against "Islamic extremism". The UAF also plan to turn up as a counter-protest.

Birmingham police vow "to make the city centre safe for shoppers" and secure the area. Do you think this will spill over into violence again?

Personally, I really don't see why the UAF feel the need to turn up; it'll just be counter-productive to their intentions as they'll be handing the EDL the publicity they crave. They'll also, I believe, aid rising racial tensions in Birmingham as it's usually (and the last protest proved) ethnic groups (asian vs white) "against" each other. I really don't think they should turn up, let the EDL have their little protest, let them hand out a few leaflets and then they'll be off home with little to no publicity.

But, congratulations UAF, you've exceeded yourselves.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ffs, again?
    OK, so town's off the cards for Saturday. Being locked in Primark was an experience I don't want to endure again.

Let's just hope their protest doesn't provoke as much thuggery again.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know what UAF stands for, but it seems like they're just spoiling for a fight.

Tbh, I doubt anything will happen. Violence is only satisfying if it's spontaneous and not hyped.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im a member of hope not hate on facebook, and i just got this message saying that there is some sort of BNP related march in birmingham city centre tomorrow...and that despite a heavy police presence there may be some rowdy goings on.

This concerns me, im going to london tomorrow so i have to walk accross to the train station in bham new street to catch my train, i dont want to get involved in that

Does anyone know what times this is going down? Im thinking i may go earlier to try and avoid it??

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1021129
    thread on it yesterday, thats all i know

ReputationRep:
    will almost inevitably kick off
    last time i heard some peopel were trapped amongst the fighting, so i owuld avoid

ReputationRep:
    i was planning on going into town to do some shopping but i am staying away, birmingham never had problems like this before, don't understand why the trouble makers had to start now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    will almost inevitably kick off
    last time i heard some peopel were trapped amongst the fighting, so i owuld avoid
    what about if i will only be in the train station (new street) and not in the city centre? I can arrange that.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think u will get much trouble inside a station if all you are doing in chaging trains.

that said i havent been to brum station but cant imagine why they would be fighting on the platforms!

ReputationRep:
    Again? Uh Oh...

My ex got caught right in the middle of the last ones... he'll be there tomorrow too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    i dont think u will get much trouble inside a station if all you are doing in chaging trains.

that said i havent been to brum station but cant imagine why they would be fighting on the platforms!
    lol my mum is getting into a panic aka OMG WHY DO YOU WANT TO GO TO BIRMINGHAM WHEN THEY ARE PROTESTING???

She doesnt like bham at the best of times, let alone when a scrap is likely to break out. But ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there will be left wing thugs about looking for trouble, so I would watch it. Despite what you may think about the BNP, it is pretty much the left wing thugs who always instigate the trouble. UAF are just a bunch of thugs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.