Turn on thread page Beta

Discussion about EDL/UAF confrontations in Birmingham watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rrules)
    i was planning on going into town to do some shopping but i am staying away, birmingham never had problems like this before, don't understand why the trouble makers had to start now
    Same here, I was looking forward to shopping tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burninginme)
    I'm sure there will be left wing thugs about looking for trouble, so I would watch it. Despite what you may think about the BNP, it is pretty much the left wing thugs who always instigate the trouble. UAF are just a bunch of thugs.
    its not the bnp tho is it, its the EDL, largely a totally different set of people... allegedly.

ReputationRep:
    UAF just prove all the left wing are, are a bunch of mindless thugs. Despite what you may think of BNP supporters, it is almost always the left wing thugs who instiagate the trouble. That tells you a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there will be left wing thugs about looking for trouble, so I would watch it. Despite what you may think about the BNP, it is pretty much the left wing thugs who always instigate the trouble. UAF are just a bunch of thugs.
    What even in the train station? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Something similar happened before, and they had riot police there. Just hide behind them. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    its not the bnp tho is it, its the EDL, largely a totally different set of people... allegedly.
    Regardless, it'll be the UAF pondlife looking for trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    What even in the train station? :eek:
    I read somewhere that the city centre train stations would be closed after a certain time anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I read somewhere that the city centre train stations would be closed after a certain time anyway?
    oh ok that is a major problem. Its not saying that on the train timetable website, there are cancellations on the 6th but not the 5th.

I wonder if there is a phone number I can ring, its kind of important that i know

ReputationRep:
    Just FYI folks, I've merged the two threads on this subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Just FYI folks, I've merged the two threads on this subject.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    Thanks
    No worries

ReputationRep:
    I think you may be right, according to this anyway:

http://www.englishdefenceleague.org/...September.html

ReputationRep:
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Oppose fascism and racism in all forms. This EDL is nothing more than a facade for these people's Islamaphobia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mute)
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Oppose fascism and racism in all forms. This EDL is nothing more than a facade for these people's Islamaphobia.
    Lol, some forms of extreme Islam are as facist, violent and unacceptable as some forms of the extreme right wing. However, these people seem to be able to hide behind their "culture", and somehow it then becomes acceptable.

I'm afraid the EDL is no worse than the group of Muslims who were shouting extremely aggresive and offensive things at returning soliders from Afghanistan in Luton. The EDL was formed largely as a result of this disgusting, facist and unacceptable behaviour, and I feel it is Islamic thugs like this who need cracking down on.

ReputationRep:
    There's another protest in birm today.

ReputationRep:
    Fight night round 2

ReputationRep:
    You should go to northern ireland, there;s race riots everyday.

ReputationRep:
    The UAF are nothing but a bunch of mindless, left-wing thugs. I am shocked at the level of government support these scumbags receive. They do nothing but show how hypocritical the left wing are. The UAF behave like the real facists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    Haven't heard anything. I was going to go into town today, glad I didn't if that's true.

And to KinkyBear and Hugh-Jackman, this is one isolated incident. Things like this don't happen all the time, and are actually a lot rarer than the media make it seem, and they certainly don't prove that multiculturalism doesn't work or that everyone hates each other.
    I think the "Silent Majority" would prove you otherwise on that one. A lot of people keep their opinions to themselves due to a fear of being hated/looked down upon just because they have slightly right-wing views or disagree with whatever plans the government has implicated.

I know a lot of people that strongly disagree with what has been happening in this country, yet on the flipside, I know a fair few that support it. *shrugs*

I for one, am going to vote MRLP at the next election. Apparently in a recently election they got more votes than 2 other major parties, which provoked many laughs.

ReputationRep:
    its happening today at 2 i think it was, does anyone know the actually time?? its circling quick this news!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.