Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Merged a couple more threads into this one. Just a reminder to people posting in here: Keep it on topic and keep it within the rules.

ReputationRep:
    Daily Mail's take on the events: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...irmingham.html

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    lol

get out of england you smelly muslim tramps.
    (to the people in the picture)

ReputationRep:
    It's rather interesting how it appears the bulk of the violent UAF supports are of black and asian appearance. And they appear the instigators of trouble. I see in the picture some foreign scumbag was walking around with a small upturned table. What lovely people these foreigners are.

It's interesting, this country has been subjected to mass non-white immigration for the best part of 50-60 years, and the picture above characterizes perfectly the result of the latest generation of these people. This is what immigration into Britain has created for the most part.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe UAF are government funded/supported.

ReputationRep:
    this is why i am going to vote bnp when i am 18 i have good black and indian friends who deserve to be here these people do not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Well can't you see those are totally different scenarios? when those "stoner students" protest against tuition fees or the War in Iraq they're protesting against people that are accountable to them, people that can actually change something. How in the world can a bunch of angry yobs shouting basically unfounded anti Islamic slurs under the guise of an opposition to Islamic extremism hope to get people who have the most influence on the issue on their side? How are Muslims supposed to react when the EDL like they will next week come to my town and protest about a newly built mosque? that just isolates the very people who we should be reaching out to.
    Again what's with the straw man? I never said I agreed it was an effective method of countering Islamic extremism. :yawn:

Well yes, the purpose of a counter protest is to disrupt the opposition's point of view, there's nothing wrong with that and perfectly legal. It does however become a problem when a bunch of ignorant boozed up yobs start to move beyond the "peaceful" part of the protest.

Secondly Muslims are not a race, they're a faith group.

I see.....the UAF look well peaceful!

I'm well aware of that, doesn't stop morons screaming "racism" everytime Islam is attacked though, does it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    lol

I wouldnt want to stand in front of that guy in the middle

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy123)
    get out of england you smelly muslim tramps.
    (to the people in the picture)
    It's Ramadan, real Muslims wouldn't be fighting right now, so the guys in the picture can't be considered Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    this is why i am going to vote bnp when i am 18 i have good black and indian friends who deserve to be here these people do not.
    Islam is the true problem, which in the UK predominantly equates to Pakistani youth. You'll seldom find Indian youth causing trouble in the same way youth of Muslim countries do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)

I see.....the UAF look well peaceful!

I'm well aware of that, doesn't stop morons screaming "racism" everytime Islam is attacked though, does it?
    Who said they're UAF? they're a bunch of angry locals.

ReputationRep:
    hopefully when you reach that age (18) you will be mature enough not to, at the age of 16 you still have this young mentality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    It's Ramadan, real Muslims wouldn't be fighting right now, so the guys in the picture can't be considered Muslim.
    Real Muslims or not; "British" Islamic culture promotes isolationism, and hatred for anything that is not Muslim or does not make allowances especially for Muslims. They don't won't to integrate, they want us to make allowances for them. They want everything on their terms.

ReputationRep:
    Who said they're UAF? they're a bunch of angry locals.
    you have no proof that they are not UAF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    They aren't the UAF. The UAF issued a statement saying they wasn't going to organise a counter-protest for this, you can search for it on google if you want. These guys are, as the other poster said, local thugs who wanted to provoke the EDL into violence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burninginme)
    Real Muslims or not; "British" Islamic culture promotes isolationism, and hatred for anything that is not Muslim or does not make allowances especially for Muslims. They don't won't to integrate, they want us to make allowances for them. They want everything on their terms.
    Quite a generalisation. I suggest you try and tame that xenophobic attitude of yours, come back with a more rational and less reactionary attitude, and then we'll discuss this again.

For the record, I agree that the "anti-facists", or more appropriately Islamist thugs are to blame for this, but you cannot generalise this to the attitudes of Muslims all over Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    They aren't the UAF. The UAF issued a statement saying they wasn't going to organise a counter-protest for this, you can search for it on google if you want. These guys are, as the other poster said, local thugs who wanted to provoke the EDL into violence.

then why is every news source referring to them as the UAF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    These guys are just a bunch of teenage who are looking for trouble, they have nothing to do with UAF or any political or racial party, some probably on drugs

on the other side, the EDL are themselves a bunch of football hooligans looking for trouble too, they always pick the dates were england in playing football, which proves they are hooligan thugs

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.